Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Private Firearms Sales - Long Guns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Private Firearms Sales - Long Guns For the private sale of rifles, shotguns and other long guns. Read the rules before posting.

Old 07-25-2013, 6:24 PM

Last week this stupid #^^%#$^ tried to break into a car here. For his good luck few of us Marines still angry from IRAQ and being idle took care of him the marine way
Old 07-27-2013, 3:47 PM
Oy vey
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by abococo View Post
Last week this stupid #^^%#$^ tried to break into a car here. For his good luck few of us Marines still angry from IRAQ and being idle took care of him the marine way
How did you know the guy was Iraqi? Or was the Iraq referance immaterial?
Old 07-27-2013, 4:24 PM

I don't know if it you already mentioned it, but what area are you in?
Old 07-27-2013, 5:04 PM

Hoo rah
Old 07-28-2013, 7:45 AM

Sorry to hear about the theft.will keep my eyes open.
Old 07-28-2013, 4:40 PM

THAT SUCKS !!! hate that feeling...HOPE YOU FIND THOSE A-holes and get all your guns back.

I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name.
Amen.

Old 07-29-2013, 7:13 PM

I am very sorry to hear this. Since someone has made a thread abt this i would like to share a little bit of my story and will make it brief and i will leave some of details out such as race etc. With that being said. About a year and a half ago ive also just moved to a new house. And a few nights during our move ive heard a suspicious sound on my side gate and a loud thump on my garage door from the side. I keep all my guns in a safe and i just keep a pump shotgun in my bedroom. I just opened my sliding door from our room upstairs and pulled my shotty out and cocked it (making sure whoevers down there hears it) and yelled that i have notifying the police (while my wife is currently dialing 911). I saw 2 men rushed out quickly through my side door and ran like the wind. I saw that one man was armed with a pistol as he was climbing out the side door. I have reported this to the police upon their arrival and they suggested to invest on an alarm system. I would like to suggest everyone in here to do the same as it would be the best protection and money well spent more than having guns as your only way of home protection. Also a little after this. When our mental shock and paranoia have subsided. I have thought this over and came to a suspicion that these home robbers study the new movers like me and im sure a few others and moat likely studies the home activity before they do a hit. They knew i was armed so they came armed and really only targeted my gun safe as that was the only thing they left a mark in my garage.
Old 07-29-2013, 7:19 PM

Point is these incidents could be a random hit but they sure study their targets before they make their move. So movers out there be careful and discreet with letting anyone see what your actually moving. This is very sad but true that our world isnt a very safe world anymore and even really good neighborhoods cant be taken for granted and be thought of "being safe". Be safe out there guys.
Old 08-02-2013, 4:11 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcpheart View Post
Point is these incidents could be a random hit but they sure study their targets before they make their move. So movers out there be careful and discreet with letting anyone see what your actually moving. This is very sad but true that our world isnt a very safe world anymore and even really good neighborhoods cant be taken for granted and be thought of "being safe". Be safe out there guys.

Well said brother. I've lived all around L.A and SoCal; good and bad places and never had a break in. These things occur at random. I currently live in the nicest area in Dallas (GW Bush lives a mile away)but I'm still very wary; especially when I moved in my toys. I have my toy safe on my bedroom right next to me; something that my old lady can't negotiate.

The tree-hugging politicians are just too brain dead to read the Constitution. It's our duty to vote them out of office. Long live the Republic!

-Cliff Delta
Old 08-02-2013, 4:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abococo View Post
OoRahh! That's how we roll!

The tree-hugging politicians are just too brain dead to read the Constitution. It's our duty to vote them out of office. Long live the Republic!

-Cliff Delta
Old 08-02-2013, 4:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfRider19 View Post
Today I had my apartment broken into (I live in Pomona/Claremont area), and some of the guns were stolen. Before anyone jumps on me about a safe, etc, I admit I did not have a safe, I had a safe at my prior residence, but when I moved the safe did not, so I was in the process of getting a safe at my new location. Bad luck or got what I deserved, I really don't care what you think. I would appreciate it though if you find any of these guns for sale here or elsewhere to please report it. Thanks

Most of the guns were C&R long guns which includes:
3 M1 Garands (3547372, 3592132, 4756719)
1 91/30 (9130298993)
Mauser K98 (54956 (4142)
Chinese SKS Type 56 (2371301)
M1931 (K31 Carbine) (261326)
Remington 870 (AB712075M)
Two were registered handguns to me:
Glock 17 Gen 3 (NAD138)
Springfield XD40 (XD510006)
I bookmarked this thread. From now on If I see a sale posting in here or another thread with any of these toys, I'll check this out. My condolences.

-Cliff Delta
Old 08-12-2013, 4:06 AM

Damn, that sucks sorry to hear that man. I hate thieves.
Old 08-15-2013, 3:10 PM

Damn!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4
Old 09-07-2013, 1:19 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Location: Somewhere in the Inland Empire between the mountains, the desert, and the beach

I can tell you from personal experience that you need to stay on top of the agency you reported the theft to. I had 2 handguns stolen from a condo I lived in 20 years ago, the serial numbers never made it into the stolen gun database.

Just this spring I called the agency I reported them stolen to, gave them the SN's and then discovered that my G17 Gen1 had been recovered only months after the theft. After some digging I finally was transferred to the person who works in the gun cage, only to discover that my gun had been destroyed the prior year because they had no record of original owner.

STAY ON TOP OF THEM!!!!
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one.
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. --Groucho Marx
Old 09-07-2013, 3:29 PM

I have called ATF and reported all of them that were stolen. I would think their database would be very accurate. I also of course have put all the s/n in the police report. I will give the PD a call on Monday to make sure they it input.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 09-10-2013, 9:59 AM

Default your not alone!!

let me start by saying...I hate thieves!!!! I had My custom AR and all my handguns stolen from my safe last wednesday!!! im going to post a watch list and see if anybody can help. all were important to me and a few are not repalceable,,brother passed and was his handgun...etc etc. so in short sorry to hear about your loss! ..........and i feel your pain!
Old 09-10-2013, 1:48 PM

Sent the list to my local shop
Old 09-19-2013, 9:30 PM

I was going to say how they might end up at one of those "no questions asked, guns-for-food-vouchers" programs.

Glad that LE is on top of it already and gonna get the scumbags.
Old 10-13-2013, 3:51 PM

sorry to hear that start checking craiglist and pawn shops I will keep my eye on craigslist did you get a police report
Old 10-19-2013, 10:30 AM
I need a LIFE!!

any update coming on case status?

wish you the best on recovery of all your stolen items.
Old 10-22-2013, 6:22 PM

I agree with you about investing in an alarm system, it's the best thing one could possibly do, in addition to having renters or homeowners insurance and keeping two or three copies of a detailed listing of ones firearms.

When I had the alarm system installed, I actually had one designated room for the firearms, this particular room had triple the protection/coverage compared to other rooms in the house.

I might also add that when I moved, to where I currently live, I transferred all my firearms at night, so no one could see what I was doing compared to doing so in the daytime.

Just my two cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcpheart View Post
I am very sorry to hear this. Since someone has made a thread abt this i would like to share a little bit of my story and will make it brief and i will leave some of details out such as race etc. With that being said. About a year and a half ago ive also just moved to a new house. And a few nights during our move ive heard a suspicious sound on my side gate and a loud thump on my garage door from the side. I keep all my guns in a safe and i just keep a pump shotgun in my bedroom. I just opened my sliding door from our room upstairs and pulled my shotty out and cocked it (making sure whoevers down there hears it) and yelled that i have notifying the police (while my wife is currently dialing 911). I saw 2 men rushed out quickly through my side door and ran like the wind. I saw that one man was armed with a pistol as he was climbing out the side door. I have reported this to the police upon their arrival and they suggested to invest on an alarm system. I would like to suggest everyone in here to do the same as it would be the best protection and money well spent more than having guns as your only way of home protection. Also a little after this. When our mental shock and paranoia have subsided. I have thought this over and came to a suspicion that these home robbers study the new movers like me and im sure a few others and moat likely studies the home activity before they do a hit. They knew i was armed so they came armed and really only targeted my gun safe as that was the only thing they left a mark in my garage.
Old 12-16-2013, 1:55 PM
Veteran Member

Just wondering about all of the new 2014 registration laws on long guns, so this whole time our long guns aren't actually registered under our name?

Does that mean if my long guns get stolen another person could sell my long gun to another at an FFL and the buyer would not know it was stolen??

How does this work?
I always thought my long guns serial numbers were somehow tied to my name??
Old 01-04-2014, 9:27 PM

Most likely these will be sold to thugs who will commit crimes with them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2014, 1:05 PM

You know the person that did that. Start talking to everyone. Who shot their mouth off to a tweaker. What chick that was over has a Brother doing drugs. I lost a whole race car shop in My garage like that. A friend of Mine brought some tweaker chick over and 2 days later My garage was empty.
Old 02-16-2014, 9:13 AM

We've had a huge problem with gardeners hired by the property management company of townhouses and condo's, casing the joint while they are supposedly "gardening " and maintaining the grounds.

Not enough work being accomplished during the time they were on the property and multiple burglaries over 10 weeks, all on the same day of the week, the day the gardeners were there, broad daylight. They have all the time in the world to case the joint while everyone else is away at work.

As soon as we fired that property manager, and the gardeners that came with them, the problem went, and stayed away. A field information card on the property manager and the gardening company was filed with local police, and about a year later, the whole outfit was nabbed. The gal that hired the gardeners for that outfit was married to the owner of the gardening company.
Old 02-18-2014, 9:29 PM

I posted on a firearms Face book page. Americans for the Right to bare arms. It's private so not many eyes, but hope it helps.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:02 PM

you will not find the theif by going to the police. Unfortunately it won't be sold on calguns or a reputable source. Only sold on the street to other criminals. Usually stolen things end up in the stolen stuff flee market. Talk to all the tweekers and homeless bums near your home. Try to figure out who is moving stolen guns. Then when you find out who it is, I'd put together an armed pose to "buy" it back. Pretend you're interested in buying them. Obviously be safe and be smart about how you do this. Maybe turning him to the police at that point would be safer. Best of luck. I rather you find this punk and rough him up real good. I made a necklace of dimes and coins i shot through at 100 yards with a 308. Some punk stole my coins out of my jacket in a bar on st. pattys day along with my cigars. If i find that guy, I'd make sure he has to use a colostomy bag for the rest of his life. Then Id ask him if it was worth it?
Old 04-22-2014, 6:13 PM

I just had my home broken into. My Ar15 and 7 mags stolen. It was a spikes tactical lower and a ds arms upper. Now some low life scumbag has a dangerous weapon. Pisses me off. I worked hard for that.
Old 04-24-2014, 9:58 AM

Sorry about you loses. Have someone keep a eye on your apartment. A lot of thieves return to the scene a second time to see if they can get what was left.
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
CA DOJ Certified Handgun Safety Instructor
Old 05-13-2014, 9:48 AM

Hey Cal gunners! My good buddy has his favorite xd40 tactical stolen out of his locked truck 2 weeks ago in grass valley! Can you keep a eye open!
Old 05-29-2014, 8:04 PM

Untitled by bigg hipp, on Flickr

Old 05-29-2014, 8:39 PM

Notify/Check the local Pawn shops.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:29 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

OP, how did they break in? Front door, back door, bathroom window?
Old 07-08-2014, 5:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfRider19 View Post
Today I had my apartment broken into (I live in Pomona/Claremont area), and some of the guns were stolen. Before anyone jumps on me about a safe, etc, I admit I did not have a safe, I had a safe at my prior residence, but when I moved the safe did not, so I was in the process of getting a safe at my new location. Bad luck or got what I deserved, I really don't care what you think. I would appreciate it though if you find any of these guns for sale here or elsewhere to please report it. Thanks

Most of the guns were C&R long guns which includes:
3 M1 Garands (3547372, 3592132, 4756719)
1 91/30 (9130298993)
Mauser K98 (54956 (4142)
Chinese SKS Type 56 (2371301)
M1931 (K31 Carbine) (261326)
Remington 870 (AB712075M)
Two were registered handguns to me:
Glock 17 Gen 3 (NAD138)
Springfield XD40 (XD510006)
I have a friend that works Pomona PD. I can forward him your list of stolen if you're okay with it.
Old 07-22-2014, 1:48 PM

Had three guns stolen out of garage up in De Luz area just West of Temecula.

Baikal MP-18 20 Gauge (Less than a year old)
Remington 870 Express with a chip broken off the wood foregrip and had a good amount of rust(20 years old)
These are replaceable.

But the important one was my grandpas Ruger 10/22 (40 years old) wood stock. Nothing special about it but the fact that he gave it to me was enough sentiment.

Only had the serial number from the MP-18 for the police report since I still had box and receipt for it.

They also took 2 broken air rifles and a broken bb pistol so I'm guessing these crooks were clueless.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:44 AM

wow! that's an extensive collection I hope those punks get caught soon. Best of luck man
Old 09-08-2014, 9:53 PM

I also own several rifles including the m1 garand and other ww2 collector rifles. I'm a big m1 garand fan and I am always in the market searching through different California Internet gun sights, looking to purchase m1's and other ww2 rifles in the Inland Empire, Orange County and Los Angeles area. I will keep your m1's production numbers In mind when purchasing my garands. Within the last couple months I've inquired on multiple m1 garands and their becoming more rare by the day and I'm pretty sure they will turn up on the market within time. Sorry to hear about your luck and I Wish you the best on recovering your collection!!

Last edited by Heroldschevyclassics; 09-08-2014 at 9:55 PM..
Old 09-24-2014, 12:12 PM

NRA 2500 free gun insurance is a must(plus your helping the cause)
I wanted to put my safe in my garage but decided to leave it at my brothers house due to ghetto section 8 people living seeing distance from my garage
Old 10-25-2014, 1:16 PM

My home was robbed on Monday and my gun safe was stolen along with a tv and two PlayStation's. I live in North Highlands and here is a list of guns: Marlin 336 from the 60s, my grandfathers gun. A Ruger 10/22, Glock 27 painted green. Any info would help
Old 11-06-2014, 1:28 AM

Sorry to hear about all these stolen guns, if yall can, uploading pics like that of the ar would be helpful I'm keeping an eye out for your firearms.

I had my car battery stolen at night before like at 1am I found out the next day and totally ruined my plans. Only reason I found out was because neighbors across the street has security cameras installed and it caught the guy, sadly there was nothing done about it (was partially my fault) as it was prtty theft and the officer said I had an attitude and seemed like I didnt care much of it when she interviewed me. I was pissed and only thoughts in mind were the things I would do to the guy if I were to find him, I wasnt being rude to the officer just was trying to be as calm as I can but I guess it came off I'm a bad way to her. Anyways since then my dad has installed security cameras of our own.
I can only imagine how OP must of felt when this happened and all the rest of you guys who got your house burglarized and weapons stolen. The amount of anger due to how violated I felt over a $100 battery is nothing compared to the thousands you all lost, but I believe the feeling of your privacy being invaded is somewhat the same although to a much smaller scale in my situation.

I just recently purchased a 1911 and now I will be more careful in whom I let know have it, I only wish I hadn't told a few of my friends now and that I read this thread earlier. Now when I purchased my next gun I know not to tell anyone about it.

My condolences to all in this thread, and I hope that these thieves would get caught.