Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 09-07-2013, 8:44 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I have a lot of components so I will be fine. If you shop carefully on line you can get ammo and components.
Old 09-07-2013, 8:55 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
I was at a gun store today and the owner told me he was happy with the new ammo restrictions. He said, he was happy purely from a capitalist stand point. He said, all ammo will have to be purchased from local stores.

He caught himself and said, well sometimes there are customers we just shouldn't sell ammo too. He also stated that they weren't going to make much more money due to the additional required man power. Again, I think he said this after he could see my disgust.

I couldn't believe what he was saying. I did make me think that maybe in some instances business might be happy with certain restrictions. However, its only going to be a short term gain.

I also noticed that they put limits back on their AMMO. I think they are restricting because they know the rush is coming. This is despicable.

I think with everything happening this is the final straw for me. I use to think these guys were true believers. They are not it's all about making money.

I'm DONE.
in other words, I would walk into his store, and he would likely prefer not to sell ammo to me.

his store should be named and boycotted.
PM about Front Sight Lifetime Memberships or Training Certificates
Old 09-07-2013, 10:19 AM

Well OP is located in Brentwood... google-fu turns up only a few gun shops in that area. Does anyone else have experiences with LGS in that area that could lead to a conclusion...
Live and die on this day.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:25 AM
Calguns Addict

this law will do nothing to stop crime, and they know it. it will stop many casual honest people form bothering to buy ammo and shoot. they will just do other things besides shooting.
O and they will continue to vote DEM.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:49 AM

He should read the entire bill. The ammunition vendor is required to process internet sales. Of course, the bill doesn't mention what he can charge
Old 09-07-2013, 10:55 AM

Has anyone actually been to any major shop close to the state line (at least in SoCal)? For those of you who haven't, let's make it very clear: They are out of stock almost as often as stores here in California. That won't be a viable solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_ View Post
Yes, but on your return and having to stop at one of those Agricultural Inspection stations, they'll now be asking if you have any fruit, vegetables, or ammo to declare...
1) This won't happen
2) Even if it did, everybody would lie to them (just as they do already)
Old 09-07-2013, 1:12 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVC View Post
The primary purpose of any business is to make profit, so his thinking in that respect is correct.

Whether the math adds up is what remains to be seen. The way the law is worded, it's not going to be easy for anyone just to walk in and get ammo, so many potential customers will have to walk out.
His thinking is short-sighted and not from the consumer's point-of-view. A large number of regular buyer of ammo will make trips out of CA to buy ammo a communal arrangement among gun enthusiasts. it will be be bought in bulk and he will lose business. Those facing a hassle to buy locally, even the infrequent shooter, will simply give up shooting sports or shooting regularly if it becomes too much of a process and affair to buy ammo.

As soon as Los Angeles City established ammo-purchase restrictions and fingerprinting with a registered bound book of ammo purchases, I stopped buying ammo in LA City. I have not bought ammo at any LA City based gun store in over a decade. That combined with many other restrictions has essentially chased guns stores out of LA City. The only real gun store actually selling all forms of firearms (well, except for "ultrra-compacts" and any handguns chambered in any .50 caliber ) left in LA City is Reseda Turners; the rest are a couple of shooting ranges that sell used firearms and ammo, and a couple of Big 5s and I don't consider those to be full-fledged gun stores.

He is encouraging steps to put him out of business and what happened in LA proves it.
What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?
Old 09-07-2013, 2:05 PM
Calguns Addict

Sheesh! All the displeasure with a capitalist?

The guy may be right. And there is nothing wrong with making a buck.

But did he say he thought that the ammo restrictions are rightful and constitutional? Did he call up legislators and urge them to pass the ammo restrictions? Is he urging people to push passage of that piece of corruption?

I don't think so.

I would happily shop at that store. No problem at all with someone pointing out that they might make a few more bucks due to the intervention of a fascist government.
Old 09-07-2013, 2:08 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gleam View Post
His thinking is short-sighted and not from the consumer's point-of-view. A large number of regular buyer of ammo will make trips out of CA to buy ammo a communal arrangement among gun enthusiasts. it will be be bought in bulk and he will lose business. Those facing a hassle to buy locally, even the infrequent shooter, will simply give up shooting sports or shooting regularly if it becomes too much of a process and affair to buy ammo.

As soon as Los Angeles City established ammo-purchase restrictions and fingerprinting with a registered bound book of ammo purchases, I stopped buying ammo in LA City. I have not bought ammo at any LA City based gun store in over a decade. That combined with many other restrictions has essentially chased guns stores out of LA City. The only real gun store actually selling all forms of firearms (well, except for "ultrra-compacts" and any handguns chambered in any .50 caliber ) left in LA City is Reseda Turners; the rest are a couple of shooting ranges that sell used firearms and ammo, and a couple of Big 5s and I don't consider those to be full-fledged gun stores.

He is encouraging steps to put him out of business and what happened in LA proves it.
Let's see. . .

I think I may really be misunderstanding what you said. . . It almost sounded like you are proud that you and those like you have driven gun shops out of the city of LA?

Personally, I consider that to be a bad thing. Kind of helps the fascists achieve their goals?
Old 09-07-2013, 2:35 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danodog View Post
The stores that gouge will be remembered. I will spend a few dollars more on guns and parts at my LGS if they can provide reasonably priced ammo to feed my rifles.

Once the frenzies are over and the bans take place the herd will be thinned.
Memories are short.

If they were not, no one would buy from Spike's Tactical, given their pricing performance during the 2008 national election.

I never once felt out of place or that people were intolerant...but then again, I didn't ask any dumbass questions ...saxman

“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
Mark Twain
Old 09-07-2013, 3:06 PM

It is probably Targetmasters in Milpitas, CA or Bulleye's in San Rafael.
Old 09-07-2013, 3:22 PM

What a useless piece of crap thread.

looked through three pages and the store name has never been mentioned.

just wasted 5 minutes of my life.. if a person is going to complain about bad service from a store they should state the name of the store. We are supposed to all be in this together.
1 Peter 3:15

But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect

2 Corinthians 3:3
You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.
Old 09-07-2013, 3:52 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I was at a gun store today and the owner told me he was happy with the new ammo restrictions. He said, he was happy purely from a capitalist stand point. He said, all ammo will have to be purchased from local stores.

He caught himself and said, well sometimes there are customers we just shouldn't sell ammo too. He also stated that they weren't going to make much more money due to the additional required man power. Again, I think he said this after he could see my disgust.

I couldn't believe what he was saying. I did make me think that maybe in some instances business might be happy with certain restrictions. However, its only going to be a short term gain.

I also noticed that they put limits back on their AMMO. I think they are restricting because they know the rush is coming. This is despicable.

I think with everything happening this is the final straw for me. I use to think these guys were true believers. They are not it's all about making money.

I'm DONE.
You should name the store. The rest of us will be happy to help him reduce those "man power" requirements by purchasing NOTHING from the store from this point forward.
"The cases will publish forever the discouraging truth that the Supreme Court of the United States favors some laws over others, and is prepared to do whatever it takes to uphold and assist its favorites."
-Anton Scalia, Supreme Court Justice
Old 09-07-2013, 3:54 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
Has anyone actually been to any major shop close to the state line (at least in SoCal)? For those of you who haven't, let's make it very clear: They are out of stock almost as often as stores here in California. That won't be a viable solution.

1) This won't happen
2) Even if it did, everybody would lie to them (just as they do already)
Well, given Nevada's rather lax traffic enforcement (at least in some areas of the state), even a gun store that is dozens of miles inside the state isn't really that far away.

As others have said, some memories are short, but there are people like myself who WILL remember a store that does this and NEVER purchase there. I still have no desire to forgive S&W for their role in the Clinton attempts to ban guns. I don't care WHAT they say now, they showed their nature via their prior actions. Same thing goes for stores like this. I know at least one store in my area that will get any of my potential impulse buys IF I ever decide to put up with this crap, but that is because they have never done anything like this shop before.
"The cases will publish forever the discouraging truth that the Supreme Court of the United States favors some laws over others, and is prepared to do whatever it takes to uphold and assist its favorites."
-Anton Scalia, Supreme Court Justice
Old 09-07-2013, 4:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasherfox View Post
if a person is going to complain about bad service from a store they should state the name of the store. We are supposed to all be in this together.
And you would punish based on hearsay evidence? If you want to quote scripture, how about this?
Quote:
Judge not, lets you yourself be judged

Certainly, don't be so swift to punish someone for something that is not really the crime you guys are inferring. You guys remind me of a crowd looking for someone to stone or a witch that needs burning.

Listen to this voice of reason:
Quote:
But did he say he thought that the ammo restrictions are rightful and constitutional? Did he call up legislators and urge them to pass the ammo restrictions? Is he urging people to push passage of that piece of corruption?

I don't think so.
Ammo sellers on state lines may benefit from this legislation too. Are you going to boycott them because of this, or only if they acknowledge that fact?

What I see here is misplaced anger. Just because you can't get back at the real bully, some of you are looking to organize gangs to bully someone who can't fight back. Shame on you!
Old 09-07-2013, 4:07 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Well, he's just an *** hole.
Old 09-07-2013, 4:08 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Please tell us his store name so we can boycott his place
Old 09-07-2013, 4:18 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
My post number has never helped me to buy a gun. Again, I don't even know what a post/thread number will do for me. Do I get a present when I hit a certain number????

I guess I was just feeling lonely today and decided to make up a story about this fictional gun store, plus I needed to increase my post/thread count so that I can get some sought of gift/present.

Can someone fill me in on the gift/present that I will get once I hit a certain thread number. How many threads do I have to start to get this amazing gift?
For someone who "doesn't care" about post numbers, you sure seem obsessed with it.

Quote:
This is High School.

All bow to CurtisFong: He has over 2700 post. It's the equivalent of finding a cure for cancer. All praise Veteran Member, Curtisfong.
Quote:

Like I said, "This is High School".

All Praise Veteran Member, Curtisfong.
Now you are making a very feeble attempt at making fun of another member just because of his post number??? Ummm....Yeah, I'd say obsessed was the correct term. Hit the nail on the head.

Quote:

I'm like Jason Bourne: I'm on my own team.

Quote:
1. I'm pretty calm. 2. I know how I live my life. 3. I stay to myself and do the right things when no ones looking.

3. (self-dupe) I stay to myself
1. Okay. Thank you for that information that we could care less about.

2. EVERYone "knows" how they live their own lives.

3. Great! Then keep "staying to yourself" and don't waste our time by b**tching and complaining about a shop you are "done with" and then turning around and refusing to name the supposed store. You've just literally taken 5-10 minutes of all our time with your useless drivel and personal attacks on member(s) who are just making sense (which seems to get your tighty-whities wedged up your crack).

3. (self-dupe) You just said that, so no need to repeat yourself. Just do us all a favor and go away. Please.

*FACTORY-CERTIFIED ARMORER IN SACRAMENTO*http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=393331 GUNS 4 SALE: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=923745 WILSON COMBAT MAGS------ http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=928518
Old 09-07-2013, 4:32 PM
Banned

Supersonic: You've got all the answers. You're a nobody on a forum. Who are you to tell me to go away.

Let's see what good your 5000 post and your 100% itrader gets you in the real world. I guess it does help since you're able to advertise your business on Calguns. And you can't make me go away. If I were to get banned I'd just create a new e-mail address. It's that simple.

Your just another guy on the internet.

This thread was a mistake. However, I still won't name the store. Does that make you mad.

I work in the Automotive Industry. I dealer with people who are make millions each year. I have credibility with these individuals. Do you think I care about people who I will never meet.

This is a joke.

I think that some of you guys with the high post/thread count actually believe that your opinion matters. You guys have bought into your own hype. Your opinion maybe matters inside the Calguns community. However, it doesn't matter anywhere else. You guys are starting to think that somehow Calguns gives you a certain level of importance. You're just another guy on the internet.

Last edited by Windex; 09-07-2013 at 5:08 PM..
Old 09-07-2013, 5:04 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Supersonic: You've got all the answers. You're a nobody on a forum. Who are you to tell me to go away.

Let's see what good your 5000 post and your 100% itrader gets you in the real world. I guess it does help since you're able to advertise your business on Calguns. And you can't make me go away. If I were to get banned I'd just create a new e-mail address. It's that simple.

This thread was a mistake. However, I still won't name the store. Does that make you mad.

I work in the Automotive Industry. I dealer with people who are make millions each year. I have credibility with these individuals. Do you think I care about people who I will never meet.

This is a joke.
Oh, Lord. Here we go with the "Post Envy" again. And now we have a new one: "iTrader Envy!" ...Well, at least you can admit what a joke this thread is that you started. But one thing wasn't very...."smart": openly telling everyone (Moderators, you see this?) - that you will absolutely break and go around CGN Rules "if you get banned." That was real genius. They have your IP address, so you go, girl, and try it. See what happens. And what makes you think that you are going to "get banned?' (Besides what I just mentioned and the fact that you are pissing a lot of people off)?

Quote:

I dealer with people who are make millions each year.
Quote:
I can get some sought of gift/present.
And I must say that your expertise and command of the English Language is breathtaking! I have found in my 6 years here as a member of Calguns that the "newer citizens" of our Nation are the ones that - when brought to task after "questionable" claims - tend to pontificate about anything and everything meaningless to us or our discussion as they make fools of themselves attacking others who are on to their foolish games.(Psssst.... nobody cares what industry you are in or how many "millions" the people you "dealer with" each year "are make." [Tip: A Basic High School - level English course would greatly improve upon this handicap]

Word to the wise: Just quit while you're ahead. With each post of "rebuttal" you make, the more foolish you are making yourself out to be. Just sayin'.

*FACTORY-CERTIFIED ARMORER IN SACRAMENTO*http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=393331 GUNS 4 SALE: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=923745 WILSON COMBAT MAGS------ http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=928518

Last edited by supersonic; 09-08-2013 at 10:30 AM..
Old 09-07-2013, 5:12 PM

And you would punish based on hearsay evidence? If you want to quote scripture, how about this?

if you're going to crap on somebody at least try to understand his message.

this thread is maturbatory; what good does it do to snivel about somethig and not offer remedy?

many earlier posts reflect an understanding the OP is a troll. his avowed intention was to sow mistrust of supposedly/presumptively 2A friendly people.

and WTF does scripture have to with it? we live in an atheist society- get used to it.

What I see here is misplaced anger. Just because you can't get back at the real bully, some of you are looking to organize gangs to bully someone who can't fight back. Shame on you![/

the real bully is the OP. your anger is misplaced
Old 09-07-2013, 5:13 PM
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor

Location: The People's Glorious Republik of Southern Kalifornistan

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersonic View Post
Oh, Lord. Here we go with the "Post Envy" again. And now we have a new one: "iTrader Envy!"
Envy my iTrader rating.

ENVY IT!!!!!
Old 09-07-2013, 5:13 PM
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor

Location: The People's Glorious Republik of Southern Kalifornistan

I don't even know what this thread is about. I just stopped in to say hi.
Old 09-07-2013, 6:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2761377 View Post

and WTF does scripture have to with it?
I was responding to thrasherfox's post with scripture in the signature line. He is advertising himself as a righteous man; so I am suggesting he lives by his own principles:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg post.jpg (82.5 KB, 231 views)
Old 09-07-2013, 6:39 PM

I am not rightous.

And since my post did not reference any biblical issues yet you chose to attack me based upon n my signature that tells me your are the last one to quote scripture. But, that is something God will take issue with so he will deal with you accordingly.

I am only a man, nothing more. And I do not pretend to be anything other than the sinner I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subscriber View Post
I was responding to thrasherfox's post with scripture in the signature line. He is advertising himself as a righteous man; so I am suggesting he lives by his own principles:

1 Peter 3:15

But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect

2 Corinthians 3:3
You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.
Old 09-07-2013, 7:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleCuss View Post
Let's see. . .

I think I may really be misunderstanding what you said. . . It almost sounded like you are proud that you and those like you have driven gun shops out of the city of LA?

Personally, I consider that to be a bad thing. Kind of helps the fascists achieve their goals?
I didn't hear any pride in his post. I heard "I'm not going to comply with their BS". What's your plan; grab your ankles and smile?
Old 09-07-2013, 7:42 PM

Quote:
And since my post did not reference any biblical issues yet you chose to attack me based upon n my signature
You implied the need for the group to punish the store for their transgression in the quote below - that is like stoning for adultery or some such transgression. If you did not want the OP's store identified to the group, in order to punish the store then for what purpose did you request that info?
Quote:
if a person is going to complain about bad service from a store they should state the name of the store. We are supposed to all be in this together.
You seem swift to judge and quick to condemn; first the OP, now me. This, while displaying respect for scripture in every post signature line. As such, everything you post is in the context of and referencing biblical issues.

Now, I am sorry I picked on you by name. You were a convenient example of people that are quick to believe the worst about somebody, and then want organize others to help damage that person. This is gang mentality - I am a Libertarian and can't stand gang mentality: Where someone else does the thinking, and all you have to do is fight their perceived enemies (or where you want the gang to fight your perceived enemies) - that is what motivated me to post to this thread in the first place.

Now if you did not want to know the name of the store in order for "us" to boycott that store, then I am guilty of prejudice against you - in which case I owe you an apology. Please clarify your request for the store name -why did you want that?

EDIT The readiness of some here to pronounce "guilty" based on very superficial evidence, and then organize action against a person reminds me of the murder of Amy Biehl: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Biehl

She was an American student who was helping black people in their struggle against the South African apartheid regime. One day she had the "audacity" to drive into a black township and drop off a black associate. A nearby gang saw her and assumed that because she was white, she was against their cause. With just that in mind, they identified her as an enemy worthy of extreme sanction and proceeded to stone and stab her to death.

Those calling for boycotts against the store don't know where the store stands politically, yet you are willing to write the owner/operator off as "one of them" and organize a financial lynch party. Gang mentality!

Quote:
But do this with gentleness and respect
Please live up to your signature line, thrasherfox; or delete it.

Last edited by subscriber; 09-07-2013 at 8:14 PM..
Old 09-07-2013, 8:16 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempleKnight View Post
I didn't hear any pride in his post. I heard "I'm not going to comply with their BS". What's your plan; grab your ankles and smile?
I want my local gun shop to survive. I don't think I'm going to drive for hours to go to another state in order to buy ammo.

Contribute to lawsuits, contribute to the defeat of the fascists currently in power, and celebrate when my local gun shop makes a buck - it means that they'll be there when I need them.
Old 09-07-2013, 8:24 PM
Calguns Addict

Default Omg

Dudes a car salesman...troll

Quote:

This is a joke.

I think that some of you guys with the high post/thread count actually believe that your opinion matters. You guys have bought into your own hype. Your opinion maybe matters inside the Calguns community. However, it doesn't matter anywhere else. You guys are starting to think that somehow Calguns gives you a certain level of importance. You're just another guy on the internet.
Old 09-07-2013, 8:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumBum View Post
I don't know what all this driving out-of-state business is about. Even brick-and-mortar shops out of state are short on stock. Online sales, though, is the key. If you read the bill, it is perfectly legal for an FFL to accept an online shipment of ammo. There's where they could make some money. Instead of doing transfers of firearms, now they can be a clearinghouse for ammo, too. I don't like the bill one bit, but at least this would be cheaper than driving out of state.
That occurred to me, too. But it will depend on how much the shop will charge to "accept" the order (if they'll do it at all); and you'll still have to get the license, pay the fees, sign the register and yield a thumbprint to close the deal.
Old 09-07-2013, 8:46 PM
Veteran Member

Damn this thread suks big time
Old 09-07-2013, 8:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaLiberal View Post
QFT

Bringing ammo in from out of state would avoid the state tax and be illegal.
Since when? If you buy a commodity that is not regulated (and vehicles or a firearm is regulated) in another state, in person, you pay the appropriate sales tax of that state at the time of purchase. It is your personal property at that point, legally acquired, and you can bring it back home for consumption if you so desire. If the opposite were true, which it is not, you'd owe "use tax" on the toothpaste, toothbrush, comb, floss and clothes you might buy when you visit Las Vegas.

Ammunition, except in the case of internet sales, has no special commodity status for interstate purchase and transport. And there is nothing in the law that says you may not import ammunition into California at this time.
Old 09-07-2013, 8:56 PM
Veteran Member

Wow his thread devolved into a cesspool.
Old 09-07-2013, 8:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygen View Post
question. what if someone were to have someone out of state buy the ammo, then ship it into California to you. legal?
No.
Old 09-07-2013, 9:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
please provide proof of this even going to happen.
Agricultural and ammo inspection stations? Not going to happen. Why? Because 1) it is not illegal unless ANOTHER law is passed to make it illegal, and 2) California never had an inspection to see if you were bringing in high capacity magazines which definitely IS illegal.

'Not going to happen.
Old 09-07-2013, 9:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleCuss View Post
I want my local gun shop to survive. I don't think I'm going to drive for hours to go to another state in order to buy ammo.

Contribute to lawsuits, contribute to the defeat of the fascists currently in power, and celebrate when my local gun shop makes a buck - it means that they'll be there when I need them.
I think we agree on the big stuff (contributions, etc.) but as a competition shooter, few LGS have anything I need. If it wasn't for GCA68, I don't think I would have been in a brick and mortar store for years. Show me a LGS that stocks cases of low recoil slugs; I just bought two cases from Ammotogo because I know I can't source them locally. I am NOT going to pay for an ammo permit for the privilege of buying a case of .223 for $800. I'm not paying retail for whatever expensive name brand bullet they stock when I can get a case (3750) of 9MM HP from Montana Gold for $368. Even my CCW stuff came in the mail; a Cross Breed holster for my H&K USP. My LGS doesn't even stock an Uncle Mike for the H&K. Show me a LGS that stocks VV 3N37 or any powder that runs in a 38 Super Comp.

I travel to 5 or 6 competitions every year in other states. I'll be buying primers, powder and .223 out of state once this goes into effect.
Old 09-07-2013, 9:08 PM

So, if the OP's story is true, and there really are LGS's that are "happy" about SB53, does that mean they're going to start carrying the .22LR Match ammo that I currently order (even if they inflate the prices)? Or are they going to say, "Well, I guess you're just SOL."
Old 09-07-2013, 9:13 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempleKnight View Post
I think we agree on the big stuff (contributions, etc.) but as a competition shooter, few LGS have anything I need. If it wasn't for GCA68, I don't think I would have been in a brick and mortar store for years. Show me a LGS that stocks cases of low recoil slugs; I just bought two cases from Ammotogo because I know I can't source them locally. I am NOT going to pay for an ammo permit for the privilege of buying a case of .223 for $800. I'm not paying retail for whatever expensive name brand bullet they stock when I can get a case (3750) of 9MM HP from Montana Gold for $368. Even my CCW stuff came in the mail; a Cross Breed holster for my H&K USP. My LGS doesn't even stock an Uncle Mike for the H&K. Show me a LGS that stocks VV 3N37 or any powder that runs in a 38 Super Comp.

I travel to 5 or 6 competitions every year in other states. I'll be buying primers, powder and .223 out of state once this goes into effect.
Yeah, you're mostly in a different category than I am.

I'd also agree that some stuff you just have to buy elsewhere. I've also got the Crossbreed - nowhere local to get that.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaLiberal View Post
QFT

In years to come after outlawing the importation of ammo into CA there will arise a heroic group of fearless and crafty men and women with big, fast trucks loaded with fresh ammo for California Gun Owners. Ammo Smugglers sneaking down back roads that will bypass the new State Ammo Inspection Stations on the main roads going into CA.

Hollywood movies about legendary Ammo Smugglers.
"The boys are thirsty in Atlanta, and there's beer in Texarkana. We'll bring it back no matter what it takes......"
Old 09-07-2013, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Rdawg: I really don't care what you think. I don't know you and don't care to know you. I could care less about post numbers. I don't even know what post numbers do for me.

I'm like Jason Bourne: I'm on my own team.

My post number has never helped me to buy a gun. Again, I don't even know what a post/thread number will do for me. Do I get a present when I hit a certain number????

I'm not angry. I'm disappointed to with the fact that this guy cares more about money that our rights. It can't always be about money.

Per Rdawg: I guess I was just feeling lonely today and decided to make up a story about this fictional gun store, plus I needed to increase my post/thread count so that I can get some sought of gift/present.

Can someone fill me in on the gift/present that I will get once I hit a certain thread number. How many threads do I have to start to get this amazing gift?
You pass the Padwan stage and attain full jedi rank... or a free toaster. I'm almost there with this post.