Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 09-05-2013, 3:32 PM

In light of CWA's response, I suggest that this topic be removed from the sticky. Thanks.
Old 09-05-2013, 3:48 PM
Mortuus Ergo Invictus
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
Bullcrap.

CWA said outright they did not oppose AB711.
It's not bullcrap, but these vague attacks by insinuation are. First of all, CWA is NOT a CRPA affiliate.

Look at the post I'm referring to:

Quote:
In the face of the mounting evidence that this "Back ALLEY Dealing" took place, to me this smacks of collusion or bonafide ignorance. Either of which isn't cool for our NRA State Affiliate.
So what exactly does CWA's prior position have to do the the NRA or it's state affiliates? NOTHING.

Quote:
Are they reversing their position? Yes.
Does that negate history? No.
Well that's a fine opinion for you to have. But that the CWA apparently used to be "neutral" on AB711 (while ignorant and unfortunate) is not "Back ALLEY Dealing." There is no evidence that any such activity took place, or that anything discussed at the meeting had any effect on the bill. Instead, as a result of it being brought up at the meeting and the resulting backlash, CWA is apparently now OPPOSED to AB711. That seems great to me, but it still has no more to do with the CRPA or NRA than it does the CGSSA.

Quote:
CRPA had nothing to do with it other than a slow reaction and some rather interesting questions among themselves.
I agree that it is completely irrelevant to the CRPA. As far as the speed of response, unlike C3 Statewide Director CGSSA President Jacob, maybe the CRPA leadership likes to take time to actually discern the FACTS before recklessly spreading rumors on the internet (like the aforementioned gossipy school girls).

Quote:
(Yes I am aware of the email asking whether Jim Shea should speak to Wayne..
That's not fixing the problem that's looking fo ways to deflect it and cover it up.)
Your "insider reference" to an email/letter reflecting the concern and anger over these false rumors is further example of what appears to be vague attacks by insinuation. Nothing in that letter has anything to do with covering anything up and you know it.

Why are you defending Jacob and attacking CRPA? Did you just abandon the protectionism of CGF only to switch to doing the same thing for the new homegrown CGSSA?

Quote:
So since you're so convinced you know what happened please tell me who this person of no character and moral fiber is?
If I did know I would call them out, believe me. All I see on this thread is you and Paul, with Jacob picking up the lead and slinging the most poo.

Quote:
Because I know the source of this rather well and I'm curious who you believe it is and who you are accusing?
So why are you hiding this person's identity? If they are telling the truth (which at this point seems incredibly improbable) then why are they hiding in the shadows? It's very easy throw a stone and then hide your hand.

It seems like at best the info you received was substantially exaggerated, perhaps even more so in the re-telling.
My posts may contain general information related to the law, however, THEY ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE AND I AM NOT A LAWYER. I recommend you consult a lawyer if you want legal advice. No attorney-client or confidential relationship exists or will be formed between myself and any other person on the basis of these posts. Pronouns I may use (such as "you" and "your") do NOT refer to any particular person under any circumstance.
Old 09-05-2013, 4:00 PM
Mortuus Ergo Invictus

Just to be clear, I don't know what happened at this meeting anymore than anyone else who was not there. The nature of these attacks on the CRPA/NRA however, make them appear misplaced or outright opportunist. I'm sure in time the truth will come out, whatever it may be, until then I'd say let's call off the witch hunt.
My posts may contain general information related to the law, however, THEY ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE AND I AM NOT A LAWYER. I recommend you consult a lawyer if you want legal advice. No attorney-client or confidential relationship exists or will be formed between myself and any other person on the basis of these posts. Pronouns I may use (such as "you" and "your") do NOT refer to any particular person under any circumstance.

Last edited by Tincon; 09-05-2013 at 5:54 PM..
Old 09-05-2013, 4:06 PM
Mostly Harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert dog View Post
Dammmm, I wish I never read that link

I was under the impression that all hunters were very pro-2A and opposed any attempts to water that down. But all I saw in that thread was mostly Elmer Fuds defending the guy (Hennelly) who is a Benedict Arnold of the gun world. These were probably the same "duck hunters" that supported the assault weapons ban.
They are Fudds, not Fuds. FUD is a whole 'nother thing.

This confusion between the terms is why I propose replacing "Fudd" with the much more stylish "Zumbo."
Old 09-05-2013, 6:42 PM

As a license holding hunter,I'm going to waste all the traditional lead ammo I have on as many birds and cute fuzzy little bunnies as I can this season. I'll make sure they all die from lead poisoning.
Old 09-05-2013, 6:51 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmj View Post
As a license holding hunter,I'm going to waste all the traditional lead ammo I have on as many birds and cute fuzzy little bunnies as I can this season. I'll make sure they all die from lead poisoning.
"aim small...miss small"

NRA Benefactor Member
NRA Golden Eagle
SAF Life Member
CGN Contributor
Old 09-05-2013, 9:11 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movin&Shakin View Post
RE: AB711 being decided by Senator Galgiani AD5. Any Calguners who live in the following Counties/Cities have a bigger voice than anybody else as they are a direct constituent of Senator Galgiani and she will actually pay attention because the only thing that really matters to any elected official is getting re-elected. I don't know if she will be termed out soon, but I do know she will listen to her constituents. We should all contact her as urgently requested by NRA regarding this specific bill TODAY (Thursday 9/5/13), but those in these cities REALLY need to. Not doing so is actually irresponsible. Senate District 5 (major areas only listed)

Galt
Wiidbridge
Lockeford
Stockton
Farmington
Lathrop
Manteca
Riverbank
Salida
Modesto
Tracy

Here is a link to her district map: http://sdmg.senate.ca.gov/sites/sdmg.../a2011_SD5.pdf

Here is a link to the CAL-ERT: http://myemail.constantcontact.com/C...id=eCR9gUvPjfo
Links are dead, this is the contact info I used:

Contact Senator Cathleen Galgiani at (916) 651-4005, by fax at (916) 651-4905 and by e-mail at senator.galgiani@senate.ca.gov.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:50 PM

I don't get it, but here is the communist's district NOW: http://sdmg.senate.ca.gov/sites/sdmg.../a2011_SD5.pdf
You may not like guns, and choose not to own one. That is your right. You might not believe in God. That is your choice. However, if someone breaks into your home the first two things you're going to do are: 1) Call someone with a gun. 2) Pray they get there in time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skU4X5LujXc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ExC7fE1LaY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuhKCiY-lu0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3vWsa4ags
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p63UWAhpviI
Old 09-06-2013, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmj View Post
Mr. Hennelly of the CWA stated; ""lead bans have saved over 1,000,000 birds since lead shot was banned federally."

Now you want to let over a million bunnies die too!!!! Oh the horror.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:42 AM

I am told that this updated coalition letter of state organizations opposed to AB 711 has been sent to the legislature. This letter reflects changes made to AB711 via recent amendments and adds on signatories who have not previously signed this joint letter, although some might have sent their own letters on separate letterhead.

Example: Although NRA has a huge presence in California, we are technically a national organization, so we signed the "national" version of the letter, as well as submitting our own separate letters.

It makes me proud to see all of these various state-level organizations working together towards the common goal of defeating AB711.

Please keep up the pressure on the legislature everyone! As you can see, we are not alone in our efforts.

Paul

///////////////////////////////////

September 6, 2013

California State Senate
State Capitol
Sacramento, CA 95814

Dear Senators,

Our organizations, which represent millions of sportsmen that actively support wildlife conservation and the preservation and enhancement of our nation’s hunting and recreational shooting heritage, are writing to express our strong and united opposition to AB711: An Act toAmend Section 3004.5 of the Fish and Game Code, Relating to Hunting. Recently passed by the California Assembly, this legislation would make California the first state to ban the use of traditional ammunition for hunting. If enacted, AB711 would be devastating to the thousands of Californians that participate in hunting and recreational shooting, the firearms and ammunitionindustries as well as the vital conservation programs they fund.

AB711 would also result in massive increases in the price of ammunition due to the exponentially higher raw materials and manufacturing costs of using alternative metals such ascopper or bronze. The higher costs associated with non-traditional ammunition will not only price everyday consumers out of the market, it will also have untold detrimental impacts on countless manufacturing facilities resulting in the estimated loss of more than 2500 jobs and$132 million in wages.

In addition, supporters of AB711 fail to acknowledge how this legislation will result in considerable reductions in federal monies from the excise taxes the firearms and ammunition industries pay on their products as a means of funding habitat conservation throughout the country. In fact, much of our country’s wildlife and habitat exist solely as the result of these contributions. Shooting sports participants and manufacturers are the largest financial supporters of wildlife conservation throughout the United States having contributed over $5.4 billion to habitat conservation, recreational shooting and wildlife management through Pittman-Robertson excise tax payments since 1991. This year alone California received more than $14 million from these excise taxes for wildlife conservation and restoration

Moreover, AB711 would create a de facto ban on hunting due to impediments on the production and sale of alternative ammunition which stem from the Law Enforcement Officers Protection Act (P.L. 99-408). Although the Act was intended to exempt ammunition designed for rifle use, its implementation has resulted in hunting ammunition being scrutinized as potentially being “armor piercing” under the statute. In recent years, a number of manufacturers have been working to develop and market new and innovative materials to replace traditional lead components in certain markets. However, many of these alternative materials cause the ammunition to fail the composition test set forth in 18 USC 921 (17) (B) (i), which subject the products to a ruling on their intended use by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE).

As a result, at least 19 companies that produce ammunition for hunting or other shooting sports have submitted petitions to BATFE, requesting the agency to exempt their products as “primarily intended for a sporting purpose” as required under the statute. Unfortunately, the BATFE has given little indication as to when, if ever, they will process these petitions. Until BATFE begins to approve these petitions, AB711 will result in banning a great deal of hunting in California.

This reduction in hunting opportunities would serve as a significant threat to the many economic benefits that sportsmen and women currently generate in California. For example, in 2011, the 394,471 California hunters alone paid nearly $153.3 million in state and local taxes and employed 20,640 people that paid more than $758 million in salaries and wages. Further, hunters were responsible for over $1.1 billion in retail sales which had a multiplier effect of nearly $2.17 billion. AB711 would threaten all of these astounding totals to the severe detriment of the state's economy.

Anti-hunting interests assert that this legislation is necessary to address impacts to wildlife populations that are resulting from traditional ammunition. This assertion lacks a credible scientific foundation in the vast majority of cases. It is our sincere hope that the upcoming consideration of this legislation will be informed by the utilization of readily available, objective data. We believe that consideration of this data will, at a minimum, convince a majority of Senators that AB711 is vastly overbroad.

As currently written, AB 711 pushes the bill’s operative date and the burden of its impact to a future unknown state administration. In addition, it provides sole authority to a future unknown political appointee as Director of Fish and Wildlife to determine the ammunition requirements for hunting without providing for (1) specific education or experience qualifications or (2) definite criteria for making a decision to ban lead ammunition.

A statewide ban on traditional ammunition at this time will devastate California’s hunters and recreational shooting men and women to the detriment of the economy and wildlife conservation. In addition, banning this standard equipment would result in the loss of jobs and a significant reduction in conservation funding. For these reasons, the undersigned organizations respectfully request that you continue to work collectively to defeat AB711 which will serve to the betterment of current and future generations of California hunters and conservationists.

Thank you for your consideration of this request.

Norm Green
Alliance of Dogmen

Jacob Rascon
CALGUNS Shooting Sports Association

Marc Halcon
California Association of Firearms Retailers

Robert Moore
California Bowmen Hunters State Archery Association

Bill Bernard
California Coalition of Diving Advocates

Jerry Springer
California Deer Association

Lori Jacobs
California Houndsmen for Conservation

Stormy Hope
California Responsible Pet Owners Coalition

John C. Fields
California Rifle and Pistol Association

Randy Walker
California Sportsman’s Lobby

James O’Brian
Central California Sporting Dogs Association

Dale Paris
Contra Costa Open Carry
Contra Costa Constitutional Carry

Sam Paredes
Gun Owners of California

Joe Pesci
National Wild Turkey Federation – California Chapter

Keith Ringgenberg
Outdoor Sportsmen’s Coalition of California

cc: Ms. Martha Guzman-Aceves, Deputy Legislative Secretary, Governor’s Office
Senate Floor Analysis
Mr. Steve McCarthy, Policy Consultant, Senate Republican Caucus
Governor Jerry Brown
Department of Finance

H. Paul Payne
NRA Liaison to the Executive Vice President
NRA Members' Councils Program Administrator
(951) 683-4NRA Office nrausmc@earthlink.net Email
http://www.calnra.com California NRA Web Site ----- CLICK HERE to
Join NRA's California Team of Volunteers

Proud to be an NRA Benefactor Member

Last edited by H Paul Payne; 09-06-2013 at 2:51 PM.. Reason: add more signers....
Old 09-06-2013, 4:58 PM

This is powerful.
How can we get such coalition letters against SB 374 and SB 53?
Old 09-06-2013, 6:13 PM
Calguns Addict

John Carlson of the California Waterfowl Association stated publicly that they don't support AB711, but privately their vice president added they don't oppose it. Well, I'm afraid my cell phone plan will be out of airtime minutes the next time Sacramento proposes a bill to restrict hunting. I won't support the bill, but I won't be able to call Sacramento to oppose it, either.
Old 09-07-2013, 1:11 AM

this ****en he said / she said crap just gets more confusing by the moment. i would like to know who the documented factual sell outs are.i'm only interested in facts, not rumors , not guilt by associations.

More armed citizens = Quicker response times, less victims.
Less armed citizens = more victims

Guns should only be surrendered one bullet at a time.
Old 09-07-2013, 7:22 AM

Divide and conquer....age old tactic with proven success

AAAaahhhh change...Our forefathers would have been disgusted with our poor helmsman ship of liberty and freedom.

A BIG AND SPECIAL SHOUT OUT to all who helped destroy the 2A. I hope that the immediate "benefits" have outweighed the cost of our degraded constitutional freedoms and rights.

Please join NRA, GOA, CRPA or any other Pro2A organization to fortify the offense of our efforts. Become vocal and politically active. Donate till it hurts, the cost of resistance is expensive.

To my brethren-Resist the "change" Stand up or lie down.

Paul...don't worry about transient criticism from the opposition. You have my full support as a NRA Life Member

gb
Old 09-10-2013, 5:52 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Follow the money... it's always about money, greed and power. All of it.

"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer".

OK... we've been played over and over again by those who they say they are on our side. When will you personally get involved?

This is nothing more than a challenge for those who just complain and not for those of us here who actually hit the streets.

That's all.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:21 PM

bastards

THAT A GIRL

Firearms Policy Coalition Member/Contributor
Old 09-16-2013, 12:34 PM

According to the final California Senate analysis, here are the organizations listed as opposing AB 711:

Alliance of Dogmen
Animal Pest Management Services, Inc
Board of Supervisors County of Madera
Boone & Crockett Club
CALGuns Shooting Sports Association
California Association of Federal Firearms Licenses
California Outdoor Heritage Alliance
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Campfire Club of America
Catch a Dream Foundation
Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation
Conservation Force
Contra Costa Central Labor Council
County of Lake Board of Supervisors
Crossroads of the West
Chief Steward Western United States, Office and Professional Employees
International Union 277
Delta Waterfowl
Ducks Unlimited
Gun Owners of California
Masters of Foxhounds Foundation
Mishewal-Wappo Tribe Alexander Valley
Mule Deer Foundation
National Rifle Association
National Shooting Sports Foundation
National Trappers Association
National Wild Turkey Federation
North American Bear Foundation
Pope & Young Club
Quality Deer Management Association
Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Ruffled Grouse Society
Safari Club International
U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance
Whitetails Unlimited
Wild Sheep Foundation
Wildlife Forever
Wildlife Management Institute
Old 09-16-2013, 1:03 PM
dRama Lama Ding Dong
CGN Contributor

Location: Ventura County, Caught Between My Woman And My Pistol And My Chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.broiles View Post
According to the final California Senate analysis, here are the organizations listed as opposing AB 711:

Alliance of Dogmen
Animal Pest Management Services, Inc
Board of Supervisors County of Madera
Boone & Crockett Club
CALGuns Shooting Sports Association
California Association of Federal Firearms Licenses
California Outdoor Heritage Alliance
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Campfire Club of America
Catch a Dream Foundation
Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation
Conservation Force
Contra Costa Central Labor Council
County of Lake Board of Supervisors
Crossroads of the West
Chief Steward Western United States, Office and Professional Employees
International Union 277
Delta Waterfowl
Ducks Unlimited
Gun Owners of California
Masters of Foxhounds Foundation
Mishewal-Wappo Tribe Alexander Valley
Mule Deer Foundation
National Rifle Association
National Shooting Sports Foundation
National Trappers Association
National Wild Turkey Federation
North American Bear Foundation
Pope & Young Club
Quality Deer Management Association
Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Ruffled Grouse Society
Safari Club International
U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance
Whitetails Unlimited
Wild Sheep Foundation
Wildlife Forever
Wildlife Management Institute
Reference, please? eta: found it, can't link to their docs. PDF: 09/09/13- Senate Floor Analyses

Also, does anyone know how to get on that list?

Last edited by readysetgo; 09-16-2013 at 1:10 PM..
Old 09-16-2013, 3:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
I've heard some chatter about this as well.
I'm not as politic as Paul is, what a statement...

What I've heard is that this was guided for the most part by a guy named Bill Gaines, the same guy who sold us out on the bill about hunting bear with dogs.
I'm sensing a pattern here.

The names I'm hearing are NWTF National Wild Turkey Foundation, California Deer Association, Elk Foundation and CWA California Waterfowl Assoc.

We e been sold out for nothing, concessions that are meaningless or worse should someone else be appointed to the CA DFW Directorship.
They handed off the ability to declare ammo illegal and the vaporware promise the 'hunting will always be legal'.
No mention of being functionally regulated out of existence.

They need to repudiate their agreement and get back on board opposing AB711 or the need to get the Zumbo treatment on steroids!
LET'S GET IT STRAIGHT, BILL GAINS DID NOT SELL ANYONE OUT CONCERNING SB 1221!! He worked his *** off on that bill!! I know I was there at every committee meeting except for 1.
Bill, Jason Rhine and USSA worked as hard as they possibly could for us California Houndsmen for Conservation (CHC).

I also strongly doubt that he was involved in any back door meetings to sell hunters out concerning this topic!
Old 09-22-2013, 10:41 AM

RIGHT ON... Kestryll!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-22-2013, 9:07 PM

Who the heck are California Coalition of Diving Advocates?

Google turned up nothing.
Old 09-23-2013, 8:29 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakiri View Post
Who the heck are California Coalition of Diving Advocates?

Google turned up nothing.
Divers

http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/f...?topic=5185.45
http://www.lakeconews.com/index.php?...gin&Itemid=197

I used http://www.ixquick.com and they don't track your searches like Google.

NRA Benefactor Member
NRA Golden Eagle
SAF Life Member
CGN Contributor
Old 10-03-2013, 4:58 PM
Cattle Thieves Pro Staff

CWA sent out an email regarding AB711 today and their "vote no stance".

224 rounds of high quality Winchester .223 FS/FT - $180

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1226164