Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 09-06-2013, 7:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G21Shooter View Post
Hopefully so few people buy ammo permits, they decide its not worth the money to keep the system in place.

I for one will not get a ammo permit, I have enough ammo stocked up right now for 5 years of my regular shooting needs, I will stock another 5 years worth before they pull the plug on mail order.
if few people buy permits that will cause the price of the permit to be very large or cause the state to lose significant money on the plan. If they have to support the backbone for this licensing requirement and they dont get some minimum number of permits that they expect then any/all estimates about fiscal impact will be way off. I for one would love to see the state lose millions on this.
Old 09-06-2013, 7:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTauron View Post
Naw,they'll pass a law next year requiring ammo sold in CA to have a state tax seal .Get caught with an unmarked box of WWB and you'll pay a $1000 fine.

Sure it violates the Constitution,but so does gun control in general.With a leftist in DC,the holplophobes know Washington's got their back.
naw..too easy to get around..simply dump your new ammo in ammo cans.
If stopped just say..Cal guns law suck so went to < insert state of your choosing> to shoot..end of story
Old 09-06-2013, 7:58 AM

Quote:
The idea is to make owning a gun such a pain in the a--s that no one bothers to try.Since they cannot explicitly ban guns,they erect barriers to ensure people decide the RKBA is too much trouble.
This is dead nuts on target. The irony of course is that the people who are most likely to need a gun for self defense are the ones least likely to be able to afford it. The argument began with the "saturday night special" and continues today.

If I can afford a $1200 handgun, and a $200 box of .45acp, I'm probably much less likely to need it for self defense than someone whose budget is $100 for both gun and ammo...

Of course they don't care. They want them all gone regardless.

We are in fact one of the few minority groups (along with smokers) who can be openly attacked with no consequences feared.

Old 09-06-2013, 8:15 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFunGuy View Post
LOSD619;

Do you really believe that you and the other "loose lips sink ships" curmudgeons,
are smarter than the Sacto Nazis?

Mostly, yes. Or else the ammo bill would have been perfectly crafted the first time DeLeon tried it—and failed miserably. And he still might not have a winner yet. Yee is fishing for ways to get at bullet buttons and failed. Now he is just trying to ban all semi-auto rifles which has a good chance of failing as well. Maybe we over-play it, but I'd rather over-play it and than under-play it—in my experience, you let an inch go, then its two, then six and the next thing you know you have a foot gone. It's human nature.

Not wasting any more time and energy tilting, Don Quixote-like, on a regulatory problem that, constitutionally, should not even exist in a free state.
I cannot change the world unlike my hero Samuel Adams—but I can change my place in it.
Gone fishin' for now and soon gone from California.

Last edited by advocatusdiaboli; 09-06-2013 at 8:31 AM..
Old 09-06-2013, 8:29 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by advocatusdiaboli View Post
Mostly, yes. Or else the ammo bill would have been perfectly crafted the first time DeLeon tried it—and failed miserably. And he still might not have a winner yet. Yee is fishing for ways to get at bullet buttons and failed. Now he is just trying to ban all semi-auto rifles which has a good chance of failing as well. Maybe we over-play it, but I'd rather over-play it and than under-play it—in my experience, you let an inch foot, then its two, then six and the next thing you know you have a foot gone. It's human nature.
I for one think there is chance that BOTH the ammo ban and semi auto ban have a chance of failing. (I am not counting on it and planning my purchases as if everything will go through)

Even if they do fail this year, they will just try again next year. And the year after until they have their way. Our only option is to keep fighting.
Old 09-06-2013, 8:33 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I for one think there is chance that BOTH the ammo ban and semi auto ban have a chance of failing. (I am not counting on it and planning my purchases as if everything will go through)

Even if they do fail this year, they will just try again next year. And the year after until they have their way. Our only option is to keep fighting.
I am with you 100%. I have my contingency plans in place but I have not given up the fight. And even if these pass, court injunctions are a real possibility just like last time. I expect we'll see Holder get involved at Obama's request (just like Holder ordered the local FL DA not to release George Zimmerman's gun even though he was cleared of all charges). Obama fights dirty.

Not wasting any more time and energy tilting, Don Quixote-like, on a regulatory problem that, constitutionally, should not even exist in a free state.
I cannot change the world unlike my hero Samuel Adams—but I can change my place in it.
Old 09-06-2013, 8:59 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
The idea is to make owning a gun such a pain in the a--s that no one bothers to try.Since they cannot explicitly ban guns,they erect barriers to ensure people decide the RKBA is too much trouble.
this has been the plan of the Brady's for decades they are now in reach of that goal to effectively ban ownership of handguns.

Quote:
Public Safety Chairman Reggie Jones Sawyer, D-Los Angeles said, “This is California; we don’t pay too much attention to the Constitution,”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
When Hell is full the dead will walk the Earth. (Dawn of the Dead)
NRA Life Member.
Old 09-06-2013, 9:40 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
this has been the plan of the Brady's for decades they are now in reach of that goal to effectively ban ownership of handguns.
Only in the Leftist Peoples Republics of Neujoosey, Neuyawk, and Kalifornia ruled by Leftists supported by a gun-fear-craven electorate is that going to be true..

Old 09-06-2013, 11:20 AM

Now I'm showing my ignorance and I apologize. What does "out to print, back on file" mean in regard to the bills?
Old 09-06-2013, 11:25 AM
Calguns Addict

What was the context?

Old 09-06-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
What was the context?
The assembly is voting on the firearms bill (and others) almost everything is "out to print, back on file"
Old 09-06-2013, 11:42 AM
Calguns Addict

I am as puzzled as you but I'd venture a guess that it means the opportunity for amendments and changes is over so they are printing it up for final review before a full vote. But a search of the web did not show the phrase so I don't know. I hope someone here does...

Old 09-06-2013, 11:48 AM

It sounds like the two of you may have been paying attention to what was happening at the assembly today. If anything has happened can you give a little more detailed update?
Old 09-06-2013, 11:55 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertMW View Post
It sounds like the two of you may have been paying attention to what was happening at the assembly today. If anything has happened can you give a little more detailed update?
I wasn't paying strict attention so I don't want venture a guess any more than I already guessed about the arcane print and file jargon.

Old 09-06-2013, 12:27 PM

K thanks, I have the live stream on now, they are in recess until 2. If I hear anything I'll try and post it up.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:47 PM

I had to Run some errands, so I'll be away from my computer for a couple hours. If all they're going to do is "out to print, back on file" everything (and I don't know what that means) I'm in no hurry to get back.
Old 09-06-2013, 4:03 PM

Would a private party in another state be able ship ammo to a private party in CA?

OT, Will we see supply issues if we start bombing Syria?

Last edited by siklidkid; 09-06-2013 at 4:06 PM.. Reason: adding 2nd Question
Old 09-06-2013, 4:36 PM
#1 Bull Goose Loony
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by siklidkid View Post
Would a private party in another state be able ship ammo to a private party in CA?

OT, Will we see supply issues if we start bombing Syria?

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...arch_keywords=

"30312. (a) (1) The delivery or transfer of ownership of ammunition may only occur in a face-to-face transaction with the deliverer or transferor being provided bona fide evidence of identity from the purchaser or other transferee."

The only sales allowed are by a licensed ammo vendor to a buyer with the proper "permission" and identification. All info stored and sent to LE and the CA DOJ. You'll have like an instant check with the DOJ before your purchase can be completed.
CA Legislature Bill Search - http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...chClient.xhtml
C D Michel, lots of reporting on current CA Legislation - http://www.calgunlaws.com
Second Amendment Foundation - http://www.saf.org
Old 09-06-2013, 9:48 PM

The bill was amended again today. See here: http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...avClient.xhtml The blue text are additions and the red text are deletions.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:17 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kablemodem View Post
The bill was amended again today. See here: http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...=201320140SB53 The blue text are additions and the red text are deletions.
Fixed it for you

NRA Member
SAF Member

Quote:
A tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kablemodem View Post
The bill was amended again today. See here: http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...avClient.xhtml The blue text are additions and the red text are deletions.
They added some section about record keeping (which looks like total registration to me, though I didn't look closely)

They re-added the ability to ship internet orders to an FFL for pickup

They removed the requirement of a fingerprint to purchase ammo.
Old 09-10-2013, 8:32 PM

Quote:
Our only option is to keep fighting.
Quote:
I am with you 100%. I have my contingency plans in place but I have not given up the fight.
I totally agree with you. I realize there are some fixing to move to other states and that's maybe best for them. It is great, though, to know some will try sticking it out and fighting for the freedom our ancestors enjoyed.

"...We shall not fight our battles alone. There is a just God who presides over the destinies of nations...." --Patrick Henry

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." --Thomas Paine
Old 09-19-2013, 12:24 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

This sheds a little light on why SB53 went bye-bye... it'll be back in some form for sure next year:

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...ke-of-killings
Old 09-19-2013, 12:30 PM

This actually shows that Brown isn't just swept away by emotion. The disturbing thing is why didn't he do the same with the other bills like SB374, etc.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:37 PM
Made in the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootle View Post
This sheds a little light on why SB53 went bye-bye... it'll be back in some form for sure next year:

I stopped reading after "ban adapters to convert magazines to high capacity"

It's hard to give a carp about a columnist's piece when they have no clue what they are writing about.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:39 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

It sure will be back next year and if it faiks again it will be introduced until it does pass.

Quote:
Public Safety Chairman Reggie Jones Sawyer, D-Los Angeles said, “This is California; we don’t pay too much attention to the Constitution,”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
When Hell is full the dead will walk the Earth. (Dawn of the Dead)
NRA Life Member.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:57 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned View Post
I stopped reading after "ban adapters to convert magazines to high capacity"

It's hard to give a carp about a columnist's piece when they have no clue what they are writing about.
I try to cut a little slack from time to time since even members of our own "gun culture" don't know how to use terminology properly, let alone people who are complete laymen.

The content of the article is very illustrative of how the legislative process works behind the scenes though, but I guess you didn't finish the article to get the big picture.
Old 09-19-2013, 1:31 PM

Huh, so I guess this bill is dead for the year. Good to know.
Old 09-19-2013, 2:14 PM

Quote:
I try to cut a little slack from time to time since even members of our own "gun culture" don't know how to use terminology properly, let alone people who are complete laymen.

The content of the article is very illustrative of how the legislative process works behind the scenes though, but I guess you didn't finish the article to get the big picture.
Yes, but the members here aren't writing and debating legislation that affects everyone.
Old 10-11-2013, 3:21 PM

What is the status of this bill?
Old 10-11-2013, 3:33 PM
C3 Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob86 View Post
Dead, for now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

NRA Life Member (Benefactor level)

"Those who give up some of their liberty in order to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty, nor safety." B. Franklin
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) in Your Community
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) and Appleseed Event Calendar

The 2nd Amendment is not about hunting or competition shooting. It's all about your inalienable rights to life and liberty.
Old 10-11-2013, 3:33 PM
★ Junior G Man ✈
CGN Contributor

Location: This information has been redacted in accordance with Title 18 USC Section 798

Quote:
Long dead bro, died in committee

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...=201320140SB53

(Could [will?] come back as something else next year)

-------
Old 10-11-2013, 3:34 PM

Quote:
Looks like it's dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7x57 View Post
Sacramento would declare martial law sooner than they'd meet with Gandhi, Gautama Budda, and Jesus Christ if the three were packing heat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiese View Post
Even people not from San Francisco can appreciate a good public spanking like this.
WANTED: G19. New or near new condition in Sacramento area.
Old 10-11-2013, 3:45 PM

Good to hear. Thanks
Old 10-11-2013, 6:11 PM
#1 Bull Goose Loony

Quote:
Dead, Dead, Dead.

Mostly dead.

Dead until next year when they propose a new crop of anti-gun bills.

But next year they have to climb the same hill they couldn't climb this year.

So it's pretty well dead.
CA Legislature Bill Search - http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...chClient.xhtml
C D Michel, lots of reporting on current CA Legislation - http://www.calgunlaws.com
Second Amendment Foundation - http://www.saf.org
Old 06-03-2014, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

Seems to have come back to life ...

Unless there is some way to amend a bill so you would support it,
the details do not matter until the Governor signs or allows the bill to become law.

Ask CA law questions in the How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me Forum
- most questions that start 'Is it legal ...' go there.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 06-03-2014, 1:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
Seems to have come back to life ...

Evil never dies, it just changes suits and rhetoric to be re-elected.
Old 06-03-2014, 1:13 PM

Yes, I heard it yesterday. It's resurrected to partner with AB-1014. Mr. de Leon, just cannot fathom why the Santa Barbara fellow needed 400 cartridges, I guess.

Respectfully
Kyle
Old 06-03-2014, 1:14 PM

This is retarded, there should be a limit on introducing a bill or its offspring to ONCE per the duration of its birther's term of office....

I HATE THESE POLITICIANS....... like the damn roaches I spray at home....but I respect the roaches more...

Crooked stupid douches who cannot even read or get the terminology correct for that which they are trying to ban.......

I thought he was being investigated for something also... if not we need to find dirt quick.......... F************************************************* *****************K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

'I have so many good karma points I am approaching Saint Hood'

"They tell you of a laundry detergent that takes out bloodstains- I'm thinking that if you have clothes covered in bloodstains-maybe laundry isn't your biggest problem"

[SIGPIC]http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/signaturepics/sigpic27069_2.gif[/SIGPIC]
Old 06-03-2014, 1:22 PM
Veteran Member

Default Ah, Jeez!