Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 09-04-2013, 9:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naeco81 View Post
Thanks for your post Meaty. I don't think we have an image problem internally - or if we do that's just a convenient name for something else entirely. Instead I believe, like all communities, that we have our share of fair weather fans. People that are on the side of California 2A struggles only because of their own self interest or their inability to vacate the state. Now that's perfectly well and good to keep an eye out for yourself but it is incongruent with the character required for a civil rights struggle. The mark of delineation I see consistently is in the crowd that wants freedom for the sake of freedom instead of freedom for the sake of convenience. It is the latter crowd hyper-focused on what they will net from our legal and social advancements. The former is dug-in, aware, and ready for the long drawn out struggle we have yet to face. I may today be fighting not for my rights but for the rights of my children, or grandchildren, or theirs.

Would it help our effort if more people took this longer view? I think so. Are there ways we can encourage that? Absolutely, and I think you are right that we should think about this. What I don't agree with is the distinction between families and individuals. I'm not saying they are the same thing, but I don't personally believe many families in California are in perilous mortal danger as some on this forum might suggest. Sure there is crime. Sure there are bad things out there. But when was the last time each of us individually had to draw and fire our weapons? I further disagree with the premise that firearms represent the best security for your family in America. I firmly hold the opinion that money is the best tool for this job. Without guns there is a very good chance I will survive as will my family. Without money there is a very good chance of the inverse. For this reason, the economic opportunity California represents is far too valuable to ignore. For this reason, and my other loves of this state, I will remain here until such a perilous moment arises that necessitates my leave. Should that day come for any man or woman then certainly I can appreciate their familial obligations. I don't hold it against folks that leave for their reasons so long as they can do so without discouraging those who stay.

I'm not sure what the point of your bet is. I think you are better than betting on our failure man.
Or we could just not settle with having to choose. That's not what being a free man/woman is about.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:20 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTMedic View Post
Or we could just not settle with having to choose. That's not what being a free man/woman is about.
Sorry, I don't follow. Choose between what?
Old 09-05-2013, 12:18 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Location: In rebel held territory. Long live the Confederacy!
Default 2013 - The front line is California

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglou View Post
BJ just go away now. You want everyone to fight for you. I don't have hatred for this State. Just for the way it's being ran. If I had the hatred that you claim to have I would pack up and leave. You say you can't leave until after 2016. So until then you're gonna stay in the fetal position, peek out the window
and hope their not coming for you ? I don't have a tuck tail and run, loser mentality. And that is not a trait that my son has either. We are going to stay and fight. When his 5th generation California kids are born here, they will be thankful.
Best of luck to you as you are going to need it. I admire your tenacity, however, you have chosen to fight against something that can't be won. Also, you would be better served by not putting words/ thoughts into the mouths of others. I don't want you (or anyone else!) to fight for me. I'm intelligent enough to do my own thinking and speaking. I've simply made an informed choice to not waist the time and energy in a fight that can't and won't be won. This "state" simply isn't worth fighting for. If you and others believe it is worth fighting for than have at it. You will lose!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
"Life Is Hard. Its Harder When You're Stupid"-John Wayne!
"Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder"-Michael Savage!

Last edited by Big Jake; 09-05-2013 at 12:26 AM..
Old 09-05-2013, 7:30 AM
CGN Contributor

Yes it can be won - if the elected officials were concerned they might not be re-elected.

RE: AB711 being decided by Senator Galgiani AD5. Any Calguners who live in the following Counties/Cities have a bigger voice than anybody else as they are a direct constituent of Senator Galgiani and she will actually pay attention because the only thing that really matters to any elected official is getting re-elected. I don't know if she will be termed out soon, but I do know she will listen to her constituents. We should all contact her as urgently requested by NRA regarding this specific bill TODAY (Thursday 9/5/13), but those in these cities REALLY need to. Not doing so is actually irresponsible. Senate District 5 (major areas only listed)

Galt
Wiidbridge
Lockeford
Stockton
Farmington
Lathrop
Manteca
Riverbank
Salida
Modesto
Tracy

Here is a link to her district map: http://sdmg.senate.ca.gov/sites/sdmg.../a2011_SD5.pdf

Here is a link to the CAL-ERT: http://myemail.constantcontact.com/C...id=eCR9gUvPjfo
You may not like guns, and choose not to own one. That is your right. You might not believe in God. That is your choice. However, if someone breaks into your home the first two things you're going to do are: 1) Call someone with a gun. 2) Pray they get there in time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skU4X5LujXc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ExC7fE1LaY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuhKCiY-lu0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3vWsa4ags
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p63UWAhpviI
Old 09-05-2013, 9:31 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Thanks for your post Meaty. I don't think we have an image problem internally - or if we do that's just a convenient name for something else entirely. Instead I believe, like all communities, that we have our share of fair weather fans. People that are on the side of California 2A struggles only because of their own self interest or their inability to vacate the state. Now that's perfectly well and good to keep an eye out for yourself but it is incongruent with the character required for a civil rights struggle. The mark of delineation I see consistently is in the crowd that wants freedom for the sake of freedom instead of freedom for the sake of convenience. It is the latter crowd hyper-focused on what they will net from our legal and social advancements. The former is dug-in, aware, and ready for the long drawn out struggle we have yet to face. I may today be fighting not for my rights but for the rights of my children, or grandchildren, or theirs.

Would it help our effort if more people took this longer view? I think so. Are there ways we can encourage that? Absolutely, and I think you are right that we should think about this. What I don't agree with is the distinction between families and individuals. I'm not saying they are the same thing, but I don't personally believe many families in California are in perilous mortal danger as some on this forum might suggest. Sure there is crime. Sure there are bad things out there. But when was the last time each of us individually had to draw and fire our weapons? I further disagree with the premise that firearms represent the best security for your family in America. I firmly hold the opinion that money is the best tool for this job. Without guns there is a very good chance I will survive as will my family. Without money there is a very good chance of the inverse. For this reason, the economic opportunity California represents is far too valuable to ignore. For this reason, and my other loves of this state, I will remain here until such a perilous moment arises that necessitates my leave. Should that day come for any man or woman then certainly I can appreciate their familial obligations. I don't hold it against folks that leave for their reasons so long as they can do so without discouraging those who stay.

I'm not sure what the point of your bet is. I think you are better than betting on our failure man.
Right now many are poised to be turned into felons, that is a direct threat against families across this state. Can't make that more simple in any terms. So it isn't a when that time comes.. that time is here for many who do not have our "active" lifestyle in the community. If you wait for a perilous moment to act, it will be an act that is too late. This IS the beginning for the perilous times and people should act accordingly. If you wait till the wolf is at your door then the results will be no different than in the Warsaw Ghetto.

As for my bet, look at it this way. It is a challenge to put money to an attitude that I find to be pie in the sky, the best thing that could happen is for me to lose. I mean, seriously, how can you get a better bet than that where the guy WANTS to lose. I want to lose. I want someone to step up and say, "it isn't pie in the sky!" "Here is my money on that fact."

That is all, but I don't think we should be telling people that everything is safe, that it is going to be ok just to fill the trenches with warm bodies of the fooled.
Lets give non-sugar coated analysis of what is coming and the risks that it poses to the safety of those who own guns in this state. Lets inform and let them make educated decisions. But again, this isn't about guns. This state costs astronomically more to live in than elsewhere. The schools are bad, all the laws are bad. Right now I feel like we are taking the stance of sugar coating to keep war bodies in the trenches because besides our war, there are others going on here and none of them are going well.

I've been through a lot in my life. I have found that is harder to get through extreme times when you are uninformed and/or not facing the reality of the situation. Only when you are accepting the full nature of the situation can you actually put effort to changing it that will be effective. Any delusions or illusions as to what is going only serve to hobble one's efforts.

In the end, we should let people decide, in an informed fashion what is best for them and we should not lambaste them, in many ways we need to ensure that those moving to the back field are still feeling part of us so that they continue to support the movement financially. There are many ways to support this that do not require putting one's family and future on the line. If someone choses to do so, good, but if we need to feed them a line of misrepresented truths to get them to chose us then we are in deeper trouble than any of us realize.

Honesty and Truth need to be fundamental principles of our movement. If we cannot be completely honest with ourselves then we are setting ourselves up a stone to stumble on.
...but their exists also in the human heart a depraved taste for equality, which impels the weak to attempt to lower the powerful to their own level, and reduces men to prefer equality in slavery to inequality with freedom.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:03 AM

Meaty,

I absolutely agree that honesty and truth should be fundamental to our movement. I disagree that we are failing this principle. We are a grassroots community - we don't have an official doctrine, stance, or prevailing voice even. That some think victory will come easily after a few emails is not our biggest problem and trying to teach people to be patient is likely a futile endeavor. We can make the resources available - we can show what a civil rights struggle has looked like historically to give some context of what to expect and I'm all for that, but at some point a man must be individually accountable for what he himself is made of. Nothing will satiate the desires of those who stand with us only to see their freedom restored out of a desire for convenience. Those are the kinds of people that might say they support us but rarely do financially or through direct action. I doubt they even bother with calls/emails/letters. Still, any attempt to inspire them is virtuous and I fully support that. If you want to make this your mission, have at it bud!

I still disagree that the average family in California is in any particular danger aside from liberty infringing inconvenience. I also have yet to understand your wager; it strikes me as though you are saying we need to inspire our ranks but then through your bet are asking for some inspiration yourself. I'll take you up on your bet if for the lone reason that a couple hundred dollars donated to orgs I already support is a small price to pay to inspire confidence in someone like you. I have seen your posts before and I think we need more critical thinkers like you around - but for some reason, temporarily, you seem overwhelmed. If my taking this bet helps in any way then consider myself obliged to the terms of it.

Last edited by naeco81; 09-05-2013 at 10:07 AM..
Old 09-05-2013, 10:40 AM
Calguns Addict

Sounds good to me. It isn't about hope or lack of it. I always hope, it is what has gotten me through my tough times and even keeps me going right now.

As for the risks. The prohibited person and youth clauses open gun owners to prosecution through mercurial and badly written law.

The assault weapons laws cause the uninformed to risk "possession of an unregistered assault weapon".

There are many jobs that you will lose if you even just get arrested, let alone charged and convicted of something as small as a misdemeanor.

As the informed we have only two options. Compliance and retreat. However some of those laws cannot fully be complied with in a reasonable fashion. Should said people who are unable or unwilling to comply therefor be told to go to the sacrificial altar? Do we lambaste them as we so done often here for people who are not fully compliant right now? Do we throw them under the buss to make our movement look righteous in the eyes of our enemies? Or instead do we say, move, if you cannot comply, escape because none of us will defend you when they take you because we preach only compliance in order to make our image polished till it shines.

I don't see anywhere where MLK preached compliance, he preached non-violence.

As for me it isn't just about guns but about a wider methodic expansion of powers in this state that make it anathema for all but a narrow few to prosper here. I find that it is illogical and unreasonable to expose my wife and myself to an ever expanding criminal element and petty crime as such things are fostered and tended by the leadership of this state.

I have little moral similarity to most of this state's population, let alone social similarity.

Do I believe things will get better? Yes, likely not in my lifetime and likely not until some really bad things happen and have to be gone through first. But if people don't fight now the better will be less. That is all.

I do hope that I lose the bet and even if I win, I will likely donate the money to both causes, even if I am not in-state. I have even offered up my wordscrafting to anyone who needs it. I think that is a worth effort. You don't even need to have me credited.

I am also waiting for us to play hardball.

COMMERCIAL DURING ELECTIONS
"Last year these Senators voted on laws to turn your wife, your children, and your neighbors into victims. They voted to restrict arms in a city that was primarily black because they decided that the blacks were too violent and that they should be disarmed. Their racist laws have done and continue do nothing to stop violent criminals from acting but they do stop you from being able to defend yourself. A vote for them is a vote for the most racist laws since Jim Crow. A vote for them is a vote to enable criminals to rape, steal, and murder in a disarmed and helpless community. A vote for them is a vote to support criminals."

I suppose that is my pie in the sky, when we start calling a spade a spade in public.
...but their exists also in the human heart a depraved taste for equality, which impels the weak to attempt to lower the powerful to their own level, and reduces men to prefer equality in slavery to inequality with freedom.

Last edited by meaty-btz; 09-05-2013 at 10:49 AM..
Old 09-05-2013, 2:28 PM

Quote:
I still disagree that the average family in California is in any particular danger aside from liberty infringing inconvenience.
What about the pending law that all guns must be locked up at all times, even when the owner is home? Surely that empowers home invasion robbers by ensuring that all their victims are effectively disarmed, even when the victims own guns?

"Sorry for the delay Sirs, but if you will be so kind as to let me get to my safe, I will raise an objection to your forced entry and uninvited presence after I retrieve my firearm." "Rotary combination dials are tricky so please bear with me."
Old 09-05-2013, 3:37 PM

I'm after your pie in the sky too buddy. I want to go full court press on politicians in the court of public opinion. Hang in there as long as you can, but realize that I'm only speaking from my own life perspective. I cannot speak for yours and if you decide you must leave California then let me say, you will be missed. I've had the privilege of living around the world and nothing has been a better home than California, but again that is only my perspective. To answer the possibly rhetorical question, I would comply before I left. I would leave before I felt my family was in perilous danger. I would not advocate risking significant personal liberty for any firearm. Again, that's just how I see things though.

@subscriber: I'm not saying that the laws on the books already or coming soon do not put some people at risk. Certainly there are victims today that could have been saved by a CCW permit. And none of what I say should be construed as a defense of these laws. If my signature didn't make it obvious, I am very much against this new breed of legislation. However I'd still suggest that the average family in California is not in any particular danger beyond liberty infringing inconvenience. The reality is many people have lived and will continue to live in California without ever owning a firearm. To ignore this reality as the basis for an argument is flawed; obviously most people will get through life without ever needing a weapon to defend themselves. All that said, the 'liberty infringing' part of that inconvenience is a very big deal, socially and constitutionally. I don't mean to down play that at all.

Last edited by naeco81; 09-05-2013 at 4:44 PM..
Old 09-05-2013, 5:44 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by choprzrul View Post
I've said it time and time again: We must pick ONE member of either chamber that supported this crap and REMOVE them from their office. We CANNOT eat this elephant all at once, but we MUST start taking little bites.

Right now, they have ZERO fear of us. If ALL of us statewide directed our resources to ONE race, we will succeed. We MUST make them start to wonder who we are going to target next. We MUST find a way to make them hesitate before placing these votes.

Our leadership needs to find 1 seat of an anti gunner that is vulnerable and can be turned into a PRO GUN seat. The status quo is not working.

I have no problem making a donation to a campaign outside of my district if there is a reasonable chance of removing an anti gun politician. Just PLEASE identify the target for me.

Just my $.02, YMMV.

I'm standing by this ^^^ until someone convinces me that it is wrong.

We MUST put fear in them somehow; enough to make them hesitate before casting their vote. There is no hesitation right now.

Old 09-05-2013, 6:45 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movin&Shakin View Post
Yes it can be won - if the elected officials were concerned they might not be re-elected.

RE: AB711 being decided by Senator Galgiani AD5. Any Calguners who live in the following Counties/Cities have a bigger voice than anybody else as they are a direct constituent of Senator Galgiani and she will actually pay attention because the only thing that really matters to any elected official is getting re-elected. I don't know if she will be termed out soon, but I do know she will listen to her constituents. We should all contact her as urgently requested by NRA regarding this specific bill TODAY (Thursday 9/5/13), but those in these cities REALLY need to. Not doing so is actually irresponsible. Senate District 5 (major areas only listed)

Galt
Wiidbridge
Lockeford
Stockton
Farmington
Lathrop
Manteca
Riverbank
Salida
Modesto
Tracy

Here is a link to her district map: http://sdmg.senate.ca.gov/sites/sdmg.../a2011_SD5.pdf

Here is a link to the CAL-ERT: http://myemail.constantcontact.com/C...id=eCR9gUvPjfo
problem is none of them are worried about losing their seat.

Quote:
Public Safety Chairman Reggie Jones Sawyer, D-Los Angeles said, “This is California; we don’t pay too much attention to the Constitution,”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
When Hell is full the dead will walk the Earth. (Dawn of the Dead)
NRA Life Member.
Old 09-05-2013, 7:39 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
problem is none of them are worried about losing their seat.
Therein lies my objective: identify a district, either S or A, with a demographic that favors us; and throw EVERYTHING we have at that 1 race.

We need to Little Big Horn one of them.

Old 09-05-2013, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford8N View Post
That's is all I can think of to help the cause. Every gun owner should be taking someone who has never shot out shooting. Simple. A lot of what we are battling is ignorance and fear.
A lot of what we are fighting is simple indifference...most people who bother to vote do not care about 2A issues and are not even aware most of these laws exist. We made the mistake of fighting behind the curtain with emails and phone calls..all of which can be ignored... Rather that taking our fight public...we make the mistake of thinking that we are fighting a certain official rather than the polical machine which spit him or her out...we think its a "D" vs. "R" thing when in fact in this state , expect for a very small number, both sides think alike when it comes to gun controll (IE: we need more ).... We think we can "spot" the anti-gunners based on what they look like or where they live..when in fact such silly statments just make us look like what the antis try to piant us as ..ignorant old racist voters of the "R" party still clinging to our "guns and bibles"...

The simple truth is most people in this state dont vote every election, those that do are white..not the dread "others not like me" protesting Travon this or that, don't follow any issue not talked about in MSM, care more about gay rights than gun rights and will vote for anyone who appears like he / she would be nice/ care about the poor or kids or whatever pet project said voter holds dear, but you can bet that pet project will not be guns...

Perpare to fight in the courts..most of what on the table will pass...
Old 09-06-2013, 8:41 AM

^ I spoke with a ammo counter employee today at the big blue retailer who said his sister works at the capital and said there is zero opposition politically and it will all pass.

Then he proceeded to tell me he was all for 2A but that owning a gun or ammo was a privilege not a right and that if it was a right then all felons would be able to own one.

Thomas Jefferson.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glocksmith View Post
Then he proceeded to tell me he was all for 2A but that owning a gun or ammo was a privilege not a right and that if it was a right then all felons would be able to own one.
I have heard that argument several times
Old 09-06-2013, 2:50 PM

Just some general thoughts from debating RKBA with lefty friends and colleagues: The key to victory is less about keeping this an issue for the Right (it always will be).... and more about making this one for the Left, who are the current biggest threat to 2nd A rights. It's worked for years at a stretch nationally, whereby many dems would not touch gun control because they knew it would mean a loss of seats. But it needs to go beyond simply an issue of getting dems to value cynically "dealing with grumpy hook & bullet rural voters" and become one of essential political ideals.
Going to Cali gun ranges, more than those I've been to back east, the shooters are an extremely diverse crowd - old and young, all different ages, a range of politics, all different races, and both genders. It's a true cross section of America as it is, not as it was. And it's very good to see because it means that the 2nd is still "relevant."

That's what people need to see as the "face" of the NRA. The people. I think they're moving in the right direction.
But I think they could use a bit more directed effort to win over people from "the other side" instead of just locking down the existing base, which backs them already.
The problem isn't really "progressives," it's that "progressives" somehow feel justified in cherry picking the bill of rights (with nonsense like saying the 2nd is a "collective" right that somehow doesn't translate into a collection of individuals practicing that right.) Considering progressives used to be alot more pro- "power to the people," there are certainly roads to get them back to that place.
I'd love to see more front-and-center left wing targeted arguments against gun control. Gun control used to disenfranchise blacks and the poor. Assuming that people do not "need" guns, just because the police show up in time in that person's rich neighborhood in SF, as being a product of economic privilege and classism. Gun control used to keep labor from resisting bosses and strike breakers... Gun violence being directly connected to drug prohibition...
Of course this stuff is out there (like some of the JPFO's videos and spokespeople like Colion Noir for the NRA), but not enough yet to effectively challenge the average urban dem from parroting ideas like "the NRA is the militant wing of the GOP and the gun industry" and "only racist hillbillies support the 2nd amendment." And like it or not, the urban Dem is who calls the shots these days in California.

Grabborrhoids: a chronic tendency to repeatedly call for bills that won't work, to fix laws that don't make sense, to regulate objects one doesn't understand.
Help "stop the madness."
Next step? >>> We need more pro 2nd a Legislators — HELP Elect Pro-2A Susan Shelley!
Old 09-06-2013, 3:35 PM

let me add... one of the biggest moves to broaden appeal; be much more vocal about the 2nd amendment as it applies to GAYS. The majority of lefties I've talked to haven't even heard of groups like the Pink Pistols and it ALWAYS gives them pause.
In 2013, I can't think of a better way to say "the 2nd affects everybody, and isn't about effin' hunting" than this.
It's been said by some here that gun owners are the only unprotected minority. I think the key to victory is showing that gun owners don't exist on some island; but are everywhere and include members of already "protected" groups.

Grabborrhoids: a chronic tendency to repeatedly call for bills that won't work, to fix laws that don't make sense, to regulate objects one doesn't understand.
Help "stop the madness."
Next step? >>> We need more pro 2nd a Legislators — HELP Elect Pro-2A Susan Shelley!
Old 09-06-2013, 4:17 PM
Ready fo HILLARY!!

Any news on SB374? Looks like it was amended so I assume the Senate and Assembly will have to vote on it again.
Old 09-06-2013, 4:30 PM

Sorry, I have been too busy shooting my assault rifles, high cap hand guns and machine gun here in New Mexico to keep up. Are you guys screwed yet? If not, how close are you?
Old 09-06-2013, 4:43 PM

OMG dude you are too funny!! Are you also drinking Big Gulps as you look look in the general direction of New York?
Old 09-10-2013, 12:32 PM

Think RECALL.....
Old 09-10-2013, 1:19 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Think liberal super majority, then forget recall
Old 09-10-2013, 7:13 PM
Veteran Member

wow
Old 09-11-2013, 2:13 AM
I need a LIFE!!

So SB 374 passed yesterday and is headed to the governor's desk for his signature. I told you all that this law would pass and I got hate replies. I was, unfortunately, correct in saying it would pass. We are screwed people. Leave this toilet of a state like I am. The fight has been lost!

Old 09-11-2013, 2:59 AM
#1 Bull Goose Loony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jake View Post
So SB 374 passed yesterday and is headed to the governor's desk for his signature. I told you all that this law would pass and I got hate replies. I was, unfortunately, correct in saying it would pass. We are screwed people. Leave this toilet of a state like I am. The fight has been lost!

Not to nitpick...

SB374 passed the Assmbly, still needs to return to the Senate for a vote on the new, amended version. They have until Friday Midnight.

Then it will pass and head to the Governor's desk for his signature.
CA Legislature Bill Search - http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...chClient.xhtml
C D Michel, lots of reporting on current CA Legislation - http://www.calgunlaws.com
Second Amendment Foundation - http://www.saf.org
Old 09-11-2013, 4:59 AM

Default WE ARE SCREWED

We are soooo screwed in Socialist California... Where is the NRA? Where are the people who are pro 2nd Amendment in California? We need to do recalls like Colorado did. We did it to Gray Davis... But now California is a safe haven for the very far left now... In a few years I will probably move out California and into a FREE State! What's good have forums like this when all we do is talk, talk, talk and no actions to stop those who are chipping away our civil liberties and gun rights...
Old 09-11-2013, 9:19 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

If all that's left is socialists, they will run out of money very quickly. Good luck.
Old 09-11-2013, 9:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jake View Post

I actually thought like you. I moved to the gun loving state of WY on July 30th 2013. Guess how long it took me to realize I was part of the problem for running? 10 days... I settled up on my lease, told my new employer sorry and came back to CA to stand with my fellow patriots.

I have the words "When tyranny becomes law, Resistance becomes duty". Tattooed all across my back. Its my own version of the two similar historical quotes. I'm glad I had it on me. It reminded why I put it there in the first place.

Moving out of CA to flee tyranny is the easy way out. Even the most free gun state in the country, Wyoming is now seeing liberals take over. According to old school Wyoming residents the south-east part of the state is a lost cause. Theyd rather CO claim it.

You won't escape the socialists. There is no place to hide. But if you don t stand with your fellow patriots today there will be no one left to stand with you tomorrow.

Last edited by kentactic; 09-11-2013 at 9:46 AM..
Old 09-11-2013, 10:00 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23 Blast View Post
Before today, we were looking at the doctor who had a very grave expression on his face. There was still a flicker of hope.

Then he told you "you have to get your affairs in order".

Yes - not unanticipated, but still unwelcome news.
This is much worse. At least in the case of the physician, there's only one family's life ruined at a time. The politicians in CA have pretty much just flushed the entire BoR and hosed everyone in the state.
"The cases will publish forever the discouraging truth that the Supreme Court of the United States favors some laws over others, and is prepared to do whatever it takes to uphold and assist its favorites."
-Anton Scalia, Supreme Court Justice
Old 09-11-2013, 3:29 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Stupid question: all bolt action rifles with detachable mags are NOT effected by SB374?
Old 09-11-2013, 4:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDogUSMC View Post
Stupid question: all bolt action rifles with detachable mags are NOT effected by SB374?
Nope but your 2nd amenment is affected. Your really upset right?

-Sent from hiding using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2013, 4:53 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentactic View Post
Nope but your 2nd amenment is affected. Your really upset right?

-Sent from hiding using Tapatalk
**** yeah I'm upset. I own plenty of ARs as well. I just want to know what to buy now and what I can hold off until later.
Old 09-11-2013, 5:09 PM
Not Cabinetguy
CGN Contributor

Is there any good flyers I could post up at sac state? If so, PM me
Old 09-11-2013, 5:19 PM
#1 Bull Goose Loony

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinetguy View Post
Is there any good flyers I could post up at sac state? If so, PM me

http://www.firearmspolicy.org/the-vault/
CA Legislature Bill Search - http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...chClient.xhtml
C D Michel, lots of reporting on current CA Legislation - http://www.calgunlaws.com
Second Amendment Foundation - http://www.saf.org
Old 09-11-2013, 8:03 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I actually thought like you. I moved to the gun loving state of WY on July 30th 2013. Guess how long it took me to realize I was part of the problem for running? 10 days... I settled up on my lease, told my new employer sorry and came back to CA to stand with my fellow patriots.

I have the words "When tyranny becomes law, Resistance becomes duty". Tattooed all across my back. Its my own version of the two similar historical quotes. I'm glad I had it on me. It reminded why I put it there in the first place.

Moving out of CA to flee tyranny is the easy way out. Even the most free gun state in the country, Wyoming is now seeing liberals take over. According to old school Wyoming residents the south-east part of the state is a lost cause. Theyd rather CO claim it.

You won't escape the socialists. There is no place to hide. But if you don t stand with your fellow patriots today there will be no one left to stand with you tomorrow.
I have zero interest in standing up and fighting as this state is no longer worth it to me. Guns are only part of the reason I want to leave and I can promise you I won't have an epiphany when I leave and come back to fight for anything in this state. It's a cesspool of libtards and many other things that would get me banned if I posted them here. Needless to say you can all have this state and enjoy it. Meanwhile, I'll be enjoying my freedoms in another state!

Old 09-11-2013, 8:22 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Look, Big Jake. I'm leaving Cali too...for a number of reasons. I'll be moving my business out of the state and will be gone in early 2015. In doing so, I will be released FTOM a myriad of anti-small business taxes and regulations and will increase my annual income and net worth significantly; while reducing my overhead a great deal.

But until the last day I'm here, I will do everything I can to fight as hard as I can to repeal, recall and reject these abominable laws. I will lend my time, talent and treasure in every instance I can. If the 2A falls here, it can fall anywhere. And once that happens, there will be no safeguards against taking the rest of our constitutional rights, because we will not have the critical ability to literally defend ourselves against the unprecedented tyranny we now face.

What I will no longer do is discourage those who have to, or choose to, stay. I will stand shoulder to shoulder through the mud and the blood until we win; even if Its after I leave. Today, the battle is here, tomorrow it will be Arizona, Texas, Florida or Kentucky.

So do us a favor, we all know how YOU feel now. You have made it abundantly clear. Don't be a subversive that promotes fatalism or apathy. Venting is one thing - undermining the true and just cause is another. Please refrain from posting negativity in here and let us use it as a place to reassure each other and bolster our spirits. Ok?
Old 09-12-2013, 12:43 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default STAND AND FIGHT!!!

Quote:

I could not have put it more eloquently than you just did ... WE MUST STAND AND FIGHT. CALIFORNIA IS GROUND ZERO OF THE BATTLEGROUND FOR OUR 2A RIGHTS!!!
Old 09-12-2013, 3:47 PM
Calguns Addict

Now that is a sweet tatoo. I usually hate tats but that sounds good. I've been thinking of "from my cold dead hands"
Old 09-12-2013, 4:16 PM
Made in the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag360 View Post
Now that is a sweet tatoo. I usually hate tats but that sounds good. I've been thinking of "from my cold dead hands"
tats are very personal and I have several - so typically I wouldn't (and shouldn't) comment... but that slogan is kinda cliche'...

Maybe something more personal or unique that represents similar?....

Again, I shouldn't comment on what goes on someone elses body... but I felt compelled
Old 09-12-2013, 4:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned View Post
tats are very personal and I have several - so typically I wouldn't (and shouldn't) comment... but that slogan is kinda cliche'...

Maybe something more personal or unique that represents similar?....

Again, I shouldn't comment on what goes on someone elses body... but I felt compelled

Fair enough. But that's not an exact quote I've ever found anyone say. The two versions your use to are:

"When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty."

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty."

I used part of each.

But never the less I like the quotes and many may say it but very few live it.

Its on the top and botton of my back. A giant mural will be inbetween once I find 1500 bucks laying around lol.