Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2013, 3:12 PM

Default Horrible Customer Service @Signal Hill Store

I have been buying guns from Turners for over 20 years and today was by far
the worst customer service I have had.

I walked in to do a PPT and as soon as we checked in the manager said to us that the wait would be about an hour. I thought this was very strange since the store was not full of customers.

We waited patiently for over and hour and a half do due a PPT. They guy doing the PPT was horribly pre-occupied with just walking around and hanging out in the back of the store.

I have used other Turner Stores for PPT's such as West Covina and Pasadena and have never waited more than 25 mins.

I was truly disgusted by the horrible service. If it weren't for my buyer, I would have just left.

I certainly will not be buying any guns from these circus clowns at Signal Hill.

Worst Turners Service I have ever received here at Signal Hill.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:52 PM

It is unfortunate and not excusable that you had to wait so long for service.

I encountered the same situation at the Norwalk store. Like you, seller and I waited an hour to complete the PPT. However, right from the start, the manager told us it would be at least and hour wait. Also firearms section was so swamped and they had all available staff helping out.
Old 08-19-2013, 8:46 PM
Veteran Member

Maybe the system was running slow? Did they give you ANY reason as to why it took so long? I mean, if the system was slow or down, at least that's a feasibvle excuse.
remember, these guys working there are not making much $ per hour, so it's kinda sad, as some of them do not give a flying eff IMO
Camp Pendelton, CA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3rd_Battalion_9th_Marines
Old 08-19-2013, 8:57 PM

I was there yesterday afternoon and it was very crowded at the gun counter. When I was leaving someone at the front door was checking in because they were doing a PPT. If that was you I saw, it wouldn't surprise me that it took you that long to finish your transaction.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:14 PM

The excuse the guy gave me was that they only have two computers to do DOJ paperwork. Obviously they try real hard not to due PPT's since they make no money on the transfer. I can understand that they want to sell as many guns as possible but they also have to understand that many people are regular customers as well who come in throughout the year to purchase guns, ammo, knives, etc. On this particular occasion I was simply doing a PPT.

I really like the service in West Covina and Pasadena. I was just in Pasadena on Thursday to do a PPT and the young lady that helped us completed the transaction in under 25mins. Not to mention she was very friendly and good looking!

I will continue to patronize ONLY these two locations. I won't let a few bad apples at different locations ruin the service that I have come to expect from West Covina and Pasadena.
Old 08-20-2013, 8:30 AM

try fountain valley next time. they've always been good...

"I want the truth! You can't handle the truth!!!" A Few Good Men
Old 08-20-2013, 8:36 AM

I stopped going to turners in Torrance and signal hill because of the minimum hour long wait time. I go to sharpshooters in Torrance now. Max 20 minutes and I'm out.
Old 08-20-2013, 8:45 AM

Made from first purchase from the Pasadena store. Service was top notch. Parking sucks, but I can deal with that.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:48 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I've done several PPTs at both Signal Hill and Norwalk and have never had an issue. But if its busy, there is nothing they can do, they do only have two computers and they can't just bump you to the front to complete the PPT.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:02 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

It bums me out that Turners doesn't have a presence here anymore. Maybe send an email to corporate to see if they'll try to do anything about it.

A couple months ago I had the pleasure of meeting who I think was the owner. Real cool guy.

NRA Member
SAF Member

Quote:
A tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny.
Old 08-25-2013, 9:38 AM

I've done ppt's at Pasadena and Oxnard. I've found that its best to pull a number and then bring in the firearm for a gun check even if the other party is not there. I have never been rejected from service because its only a ppt. The stores are required to do them and the employees get a "credit" for doing them equal to selling a firearm so it's in their interest to do them. I agree turners needs more pos stations but when it's busy, it's busy. A lot of people are purchasing firearms these days and its only going to get worse. A bit of advice... Don't do transactions during busy hours! Mid day on week days or first thing Sunday morning are times I've found to be less crowded.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:04 AM

Turners in Orange.Great guys and service.IMHO
Old 08-25-2013, 3:56 PM
Banned

Fat short troll young kid at the Rancho store is rude too! I hope they read this!
Old 08-25-2013, 4:05 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Sorry for your poor treatment. I've utilized the store in Kearney Mesa (San Diego), they said it would take about an hour. The store was pretty packed so I didn't mind the wait.

Front Sight Commander Member www.frontsight.com
NRA Benefactor Life Member www.nra.org
CRPA Life Member www.crpa.org
Old 08-27-2013, 7:47 PM

hate to say, this is why i dont shop at signal hill turners anymore either!!! Also I bought so many guns from signal hill store, never again. go see Jose at the Hawthorne store. He's very helpful and friendly.
Old 09-05-2013, 8:05 PM

I've been treated poorly twice at SH Turners. They've lost my business. I will gladly drive 5-10 minutes further to a store that has better customer service. I haven't had a problem at other Turners stores though, just this one.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:13 PM

Default SOL

They could care less. I told them the other day about this thread and one ASSH*%E guy there said "So, I don't care", and he walked away in to the back room. just before he walked away I wanted to buy 2 comp. AR uppers that they had in stock, I called before I came to the store. I stood there for few min thinking he was going to come back out, maybe he was getting something or someone, like the manager. Anyway, 5 min went by. I left and went to Rifle Gear to buy them. $1200 loss again for signal hill turners.

Last edited by baitball; 09-11-2013 at 12:26 PM..