Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Liberty Optics-REMOVED-
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Liberty Optics-REMOVED- Hosted by Scott Berish, Owner of Liberty Optics

Old 04-21-2008, 7:07 AM

Default Liberty Optics Blog

We now have a blog. It was done at the suggestion of very high priced (but low cost) business advice. I look at it as a way of connecting with my customers and you will be able to decide, on a personal level, whether you would like to do business with us or not.

http://libertyoptics.blogspot.com

Thanks,

Scott
Old 04-23-2008, 5:35 PM

Just posted about Vortex Optics, mostly concerning the intangibles about the company.
Old 04-23-2008, 5:57 PM
Calguns Addict

Default Some additional high priced (but low cost) advice.

The best thing going for blogs is SEO value, by putting it up on some 3rd party VS without even a hotlink to a site with a cart you are losing most if not all of the value of a business blog. In addition your website is effectively non-functional so developing SEO is probably a waste of time anyway.

In short- Hire a competent web developer, make your cart easy to use, put the blog on there, link between the two as much as possible.

The troublemaker formerly known as Blackwater OPS.
Old 04-23-2008, 6:49 PM

I understand. It's not strictly a business blog, it will be personal and political too. I didn't hotlink to the website because the website isn't ready. I've hired two web develiopers in the past and I found they wouldn't listen to what I wanted nor did they "get" the tactical/gun genre. The cart is shut off, and will be turned on in the near future when the site is ready. I do not want to put the blog on there since the site will be via a new program, but self made. I will link between the two, but i will use Google's "VS" (I think this is correct).

Thanks for the feedback. Things will evolve quickly.

Scott
Old 04-23-2008, 8:36 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyOptics View Post
I understand. It's not strictly a business blog, it will be personal and political too. I didn't hotlink to the website because the website isn't ready. I've hired two web develiopers in the past and I found they wouldn't listen to what I wanted nor did they "get" the tactical/gun genre. The cart is shut off, and will be turned on in the near future when the site is ready. I do not want to put the blog on there since the site will be via a new program, but self made. I will link between the two, but i will use Google's "VS" (I think this is correct).

Thanks for the feedback. Things will evolve quickly.

Scott
No problem. If you want a quote for the website from a guy who gets guns, and knows how to follow directions, let me know.

The troublemaker formerly known as Blackwater OPS.
Old 04-28-2008, 6:41 AM

I appreciate that. The website's new foundation has been set, and we have a new look and feel. Not ready for primetime, but definitely a vast improvement over the old.

When we get bigtime, we will look you up for a quote.

Scott

Last edited by LibertyOptics; 04-28-2008 at 5:15 PM..
Old 04-28-2008, 5:16 PM

Just posted a new entry in the blog, an introduction to Ellis Optics. Keep these guys on the radar, especially if you will be in the market for a Nightforce or Loopy Mark 4 in the coming weeks. These scopes offer real promise and innovation.

Thanks!

Scott
Old 04-28-2008, 9:35 PM

Looks like a freaking tank. FFP and illum is gtg in my book, but damn, I hope they offer mil knobs. I hate MOA, just can't use it anymore.

Btw, youre going to make me poor scott.
Old 04-29-2008, 5:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmithcats View Post
Looks like a freaking tank. FFP and illum is gtg in my book, but damn, I hope they offer mil knobs. I hate MOA, just can't use it anymore.

Btw, youre going to make me poor scott.

I want to show restraint b/c we haven't seen the finished product yet, but they are open to a special order with 50 units minimum (a rare low minimum, but these scopes are basically handmade/machined). For the long range crowd, Ryan wants to do a 5-30x50, FFP illuminated, with Mil knobs. On paper, these scope would kick ***. Price would be about $1300, give or take.

We'll see. We don't take endorsements lightly, but we are waiting to see how these scopes look.

As one tacky Gunbroker dealer puts on his auctions, it's only money, we're confident you'll make more We promise the lowest prices for you guys, so we'll share the poorhouse
Old 05-15-2008, 8:18 PM

Check out the latest blog post. The title is "The Politics of Buying".