Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 10:39 PM

I went to Camanche Hills Hunting Preserve this past weekend and shot sporting clays and grouse bunker. Very nice lodge with lunches that are reasonable. There are three sporting clay fields. There is also a gunmaker located at this club named Dale Tate. He worked for years at James Purdey & Sons. There is also an engraver named Charles Lee who worked at Purdey and Sons. Pretty amazing club that should be added to your map. http://www.camhills.com/

I don't expect everything handed to me. Just set it down anywhere. Unknown
Old 04-25-2013, 11:37 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by savannah View Post
I went to Camanche Hills Hunting Preserve this past weekend and shot sporting clays and grouse bunker. Very nice lodge with lunches that are reasonable. There are three sporting clay fields. There is also a gunmaker located at this club named Dale Tate. He worked for years at James Purdey & Sons. There is also an engraver named Charles Lee who worked at Purdey and Sons. Pretty amazing club that should be added to your map. http://www.camhills.com/
Good call! I never think of this place as I hardly shoot sporting clays. However, if you do, this is a superb place to go!
Old 05-04-2013, 6:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDub1950 View Post
I've added it but can't find any info about it. I assume this is an outdoor range? Is it a formal range and a place to shoot in the NF?

"Oroville" is the county run range behind lake oroville. It is also known as "the rabe road range". Try looking for info under 'Rabe rd. range'. It is open to the public, has a few benches, , 300 yd. facility, and no cost/ no rangemaster. think spenceville, only larger, safer, and flatter.
Old 05-07-2013, 9:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmusic View Post
"Oroville" is the county run range behind lake oroville. It is also known as "the rabe road range". Try looking for info under 'Rabe rd. range'. It is open to the public, has a few benches, , 300 yd. facility, and no cost/ no rangemaster. think spenceville, only larger, safer, and flatter.
Is this also known as "Clay Pit"?
Old 05-13-2013, 3:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalNative View Post
Is this also known as "Clay Pit"?
I've never heard of it referred to that way, but maybe? It looks like a clay pit.
Old 05-29-2013, 3:58 PM

Thanks OP. I have to say to people tht are goin to go shoot off Benetti road off sly park exit, please pick up your trash. This place is constantly filled with casings and garbage tht people leave behind and we are going to lose this priveledge if we don't pick up after each other.

Happy shooting guys'
Old 05-30-2013, 12:50 PM

Yes, please pick up your trash off Benetti Road. Was up there Sunday and went down that road for over a mile and found a nice big private place to shoot for the three families that went. Lots of trash though when we got there. Empty shotgun shells, casings, boxes, cans....

Such a nice place to shoot up there. With so many place to shoot up there, hard to clean them all up
Old 07-14-2013, 9:51 PM

Just an update for the map and everyone else. The location called bonneti rd. near jenkinson lake has two locations shown. Today we were at the one to the lower left of the map and a total a-hole forest service guy came by and called the sherif. The sheriffs who showed up were totally cool and basically told the forest guy to piss off. They then pointed us to the correct place to shoot which is further up morman immigrant trail on the right. Apparently the map services of google etc. are incorrectly labeling Bonneti rd.
Old 07-19-2013, 9:42 PM

Default Manteca Sportsman's Club

Anybody goes to this range? I'm just trying to look for a place to practice.
Old 08-15-2013, 9:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShipyardDog View Post
Anybody goes to this range? I'm just trying to look for a place to practice.
Been there once and range local was giving us words because there was a foregrip on a acr. Only went to to rifle range but only offers 100yd unless your shooting a 22 then you can shoot the 50yd target. Most lanes are uncovered and there were a couple that were covered. I wasn't impressed but I would try going again if I'm too lazy to drive to Livermore.
Old 08-22-2013, 9:45 PM

Jackson arms - south san francisco
reeds - santa clara
sunnyvale rod and gun - cupertino
los altos gun club - los altos? near saratoga
targetmasters - milpitas
Old 09-29-2013, 12:01 PM

THANKS FOR PUTTING THIS TOGETHER FOR ALL OF US!
Old 10-29-2013, 6:11 PM

Careful at the Oroville range. Local sheriff's will sit up on the road and watch with binoculars. I got pulled over the last time I was there, pulled out of my vehicle and had the searched. I asked what I had done and was told that I littered at a wildlife preserve. I had been shooting at a bag of flour so I could see the report. If any of you have been to this range you know that it is filled with old TVs, tires, refrigerators, etc. I got a $230.00 littering ticket for leaving a shot up bag of flour at the 300 yard berm!
Other than that, great range.
And the clay pit is referring to the off road recreation area right next to it.
Old 12-07-2013, 7:43 AM
Dirt Farmer
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Pool Guy View Post
Careful at the Oroville range. Local sheriff's will sit up on the road and watch with binoculars. I got pulled over the last time I was there, pulled out of my vehicle and had the searched. I asked what I had done and was told that I littered at a wildlife preserve. I had been shooting at a bag of flour so I could see the report. If any of you have been to this range you know that it is filled with old TVs, tires, refrigerators, etc. I got a $230.00 littering ticket for leaving a shot up bag of flour at the 300 yard berm!
Other than that, great range.
And the clay pit is referring to the off road recreation area right next to it.
I have heard of others being cited there for littering. It is a DWR facility, but managed by DFG. The Game Wardens usually write the citations, as far as I know.

There is also "DWR Security" that drive white SUVs, but I have never seen them interact with anyone. They'll watch with binoculars and take pictures.

Senate Public Safety Chair Loni Hancock:
"Yeah, we do that quite a lot, actually..."

- Joint Legislative Informational Hearing on Firearms - Newsom Initiative #1756 - May 3rd 2016
Old 03-02-2014, 8:23 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolncode3 View Post
Alta Mesa Gun Club
10100 Reigl Rd, Wilton
http://www.altamesagunclub.com/#2897

Did hunter safety class there. Never shot there though. Trap I think.
Added Altamesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by roushstage2 View Post
Rendezvous Primitive Arms in Ione has an indoor handgun range. I know nothing more than that though (rates, types of ammo and calibers allowed...).

Rendezvous Primitive Arms
28 W. Main Street
Ione, CA 95640
Their web site talks about an archery range, but not about a gun range.
I've emailed Rendezvous.
Old 03-02-2014, 8:30 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by savannah View Post
ADDED
Old 03-02-2014, 8:42 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Added Altamesa

Their web site talks about an archery range, but not about a gun range.
I've emailed Rendezvous.
Bob at Rendezvous replied quickly.

Yes, they do have an indoor firearms range. 3 lanes. It's been added.
Old 03-02-2014, 8:46 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8rrob View Post
Just an update for the map and everyone else. The location called bonneti rd. near jenkinson lake has two locations shown. Today we were at the one to the lower left of the map and a total a-hole forest service guy came by and called the sherif. The sheriffs who showed up were totally cool and basically told the forest guy to piss off. They then pointed us to the correct place to shoot which is further up morman immigrant trail on the right. Apparently the map services of google etc. are incorrectly labeling Bonneti rd.
Can anyone else comment on this? Are there 2 spots or just one? Or are people using 2, and only supposed to be using 1? I'm leaving both marked for now.
Old 03-02-2014, 9:10 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEKNIGHT View Post
Jackson arms - south san francisco
reeds - santa clara
sunnyvale rod and gun - cupertino
los altos gun club - los altos? near saratoga
targetmasters - milpitas
All have been added.
Old 03-02-2014, 9:13 AM
Veteran Member

As of Mar 2nd 2014, I've updated all the range info I've received.

Let me know if you have others.
Old 03-04-2014, 4:57 PM

Coyote Valley Sporting Clays
1000 San Bruno Ave
Morgan Hill, CA 95037
Pacific Rod and Gun Club
520 John Muir Dr
San Francisco, CA 94132 Coyote Point Rifle and Pistol Range
1601 Coyote Point Dr
San Mateo, CA 94401
Markley's Indoor Range and Gun Shop
14 Blanca Ln
Watsonville, CA 95076
United Sportsmen, Inc. Concord
4700 Evora Rd
Concord, CA 94520

Last edited by Jel; 03-04-2014 at 5:05 PM.. Reason: added a few more...
Old 03-04-2014, 10:31 PM

Please update to reflect that the clear creek management area will reopen 3-14-14

New Idria, California
Old 03-05-2014, 8:57 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapperforward View Post
Please update to reflect that the clear creek management area will reopen 3-14-14

New Idria, California
Can you pin that down to a specific shooting spot with coordinates or directions or crossroads? The BLM web site isn't helpful for that kind of stuff.
Old 03-05-2014, 9:20 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jel View Post
Coyote Valley Sporting Clays
Pacific Rod and Gun Club
Coyote Point Rifle and Pistol Range
Markley's Indoor Range and Gun Shop
United Sportsmen, Inc. Concord
ADDED
Old 03-05-2014, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Can you pin that down to a specific shooting spot with coordinates or directions or crossroads? The BLM web site isn't helpful for that kind of stuff.
You can shoot once you are at least 4 miles past the New Idria ghost town that you have to drive through to access the management area.

The Clear Creek Recreation Area is located near the southeast corner of San Benito County. Visitors get to the Clear Creek Recreation Area by choosing one of the following routes to drive:

From King City via Bitterwater

From King City take the Bitterwater road north 15 miles to Highway 25. Turn left At the intersection and continue north for another 2 miles until you reach the junction of Highway 25 and Coalinga Road. Turn right onto Coalinga Road. Continue with the directions for "Bitterwater to Clear Creek."
From Hollister via Bitterwater

You reach Joaquín Rocks by traveling highway 25 between Hollister and Bitterwater. We catch Coalinga road about 38 miles south of Hollister. Highway 25 take a sharp right turn, Coalinga Road goes straight. Continue with the directions for "Bitterwater to Clear Creek."

From Hollister via Idria

To make the trip via Idria, we leave Hollister by traveling highway 25 to Paicines (about 10.5 miles). Turn left (southeast) on Panoche Road and continue for 31 miles until you come to New Idria Road. Follow New Idria Road for 21 miles until you arrive at the old ghost town of New Idria. Drive through the town an follow Clear Creek Road up the hill (there is no sign). Travel about 3 miles and you'll find youself in the Clear Creek Recreation Area..

Bitterwater to Clear Creek

The Highway 25 - Coalinga Road junction is at the northwestern end of Bitterwater valley. This photo is taken from on Highway 25 as we are coming from Hollister. Coalinga Road is directly in front of us.

(N36° 24.449; W120° 59.595)

We travel Coalinga Road for about 16 miles until we come to the Clear Creek Recreation Area.

From Coalinga

From Interstate 5 take Highway 198 towards Coalinga. Turn right on Gale Road, then turn right on Derrick Road. Turn left on Los Gatos Creek road and go about 30 miles until you see the BLM sign and kiosk for Clear Creek; You will also see the Raymond Eade Memorial. Cross the river and turn right onto Clear Creek Road.

Clear Creek Recreation Area

Ford across the San Benito River here and continue ... you are now in the Clear Creek Recreation Area.

Here is a great site for more information. The webpage says the area is closed but BLM had announced that it will reopen to the public 3-14-14.
http://www.picacho.org/
Old 03-05-2014, 10:58 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapperforward View Post

The Clear Creek Recreation Area
ADDED
Old 03-25-2014, 7:48 PM

Quote:
Can anyone else comment on this? Are there 2 spots or just one? Or are people using 2, and only supposed to be using 1? I'm leaving both marked for now.
the listing your have marked as caps crossing is in fact Bonneti road (there are at least 14 different spots to shoot along Bonneti.. some will support multi group shoots).. im not sure where caps crossing is really. but that is Bonneti (map is wrong)... your other location is unknown to me but ill try and head that way this weekend and see whats up... (weather permitting)

nice map
Old 03-25-2014, 8:02 PM
Veteran Member

yes, these are hard to pinpoint with multiple spots and various names for the same spot.

Will gladly add any info you cab provide.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:07 AM

the area you have marked as Bonneti road is not accessible.. if you zoom in on the map you can see its is gated and the gate is closed ... the other problem is you can clearly see there is a parking lot there.. striped and everything.. that parking lot is a tail head for a few walking trails.. I would not recommend anyone shooting at this location.. Bonnetti is a few miles up the road and a much better and safer place to plink
Old 04-20-2014, 1:32 PM

Here's another for Vacaville, right off I-80. Indoor pistol and rifle (only 25 yds). Have rentals as well..
http://www.gunsfishing.com/ContactUs.aspx
Old 05-04-2014, 2:39 PM

Add Laguna Seca Rifle and Pistol Range in Salinas? It's inside Laguna Seca Recreation Area,

http://www.co.monterey.ca.us/parks/lagunaseca_map.html
• Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
• Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
• Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
• Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
• Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:53 PM
Veteran Member

There have been more changes in Google Maps. Looks like I need to import and adjust it in a new version .. not letting me update the current one. I'll figure it out in the next couple of days and do these last 3 updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
the area you have marked as Bonneti road is not accessible.. if you zoom in on the map you can see its is gated and the gate is closed ... the other problem is you can clearly see there is a parking lot there.. striped and everything.. that parking lot is a tail head for a few walking trails.. I would not recommend anyone shooting at this location.. Bonnetti is a few miles up the road and a much better and safer place to plink
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndnbrav View Post
Here's another for Vacaville, right off I-80. Indoor pistol and rifle (only 25 yds). Have rentals as well..
http://www.gunsfishing.com/ContactUs.aspx
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieB View Post
Add Laguna Seca Rifle and Pistol Range in Salinas? It's inside Laguna Seca Recreation Area,

http://www.co.monterey.ca.us/parks/lagunaseca_map.html
Old 05-05-2014, 12:38 AM
CGN Contributor

Smile

This is a great resource!

Moved to Folsom in December, been wondering where the open land options are for a while now - friend of mine generally described an area east of Placerville today and I went to search it out on Google. Found what LOOKED like a really good area to go, but wasn't sure...

Then I remembered "search" #duh...

Been reading lots of great threads here on CalGuns, then I found this map thread...

Thank you so much for putting this together,and for everyone who has been contributing...

Oh - BTW - this is my first comment on the site - just joined CalGuns forum today!
Old 05-05-2014, 12:46 AM
Veteran Member

Glad it helped. The place you mentioned was probably Benetti Rd I'd guess. There are several comments about the spot, but seems like there are multiple locations within a mile or so. Someday I'll drive out there and mark the GPS coordinates of some of the places.

BTW if you want a closer range, check out Sac Valley. Great outdoor range, family friendly and great staff.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:43 PM
Tactical Reloader
CGN Contributor

Thnx a bunch for putting this together !!

Need Auto Collision repair / Bay Area ? See my thread !!

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=476124
Old 05-08-2014, 11:42 PM

san leandro pistol and rifle?
http://www.slrifle.com/Home/hours
Old 05-08-2014, 11:47 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigma6 View Post
It's already on the map
Old 05-25-2014, 6:52 PM

Location: SF Bay Area then go east to the hills with wind mills

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigma6 View Post
Good job with the map.
San Leandro is not on it though.
I was there yesterday and it hasn't moved LOL.
Old 05-25-2014, 7:03 PM
Veteran Member

Interesting! It was there when I checked your first post, now it's not. Maybe something with the map conversion. I'll add it back. Thanks!!
Old 05-25-2014, 8:45 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

How about San Leandro rifle and pistol?

Www.Slrifle.com