Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Technology and Internet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Technology and Internet Emerging and current tech related issues. Internet, DRM, IP, and other technology related discussions.

Old 08-16-2013, 3:40 PM

Default Ammo finding/instock notification scripts

Awhile back, someone posted some PHP scripts that sent email when stock at various vendors was available, but I can't seem to find them through a CG search.

I'd write my own, but my php skills are very dusty and I'd have some catch up to do... last php coding I did was when PHP3 was new. Going to modify it some to display on my own active desktop page and send notices if pricing thresholds are hit. I'm looking specifically for .22lr and reloading components.

Anyone have a custom script they use for ammo/reloading supplies that they'd wouldn't mind sharing? I have my own server where it'll reside. Can use perl, but would prefer PHP.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-16-2013, 7:36 PM
Calguns Addict

Someone did something in Korn shell and I responded with a proof of concept in Perl.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...3&postcount=21

I still think Perl is the way to go since you can leverage LWP and just have your Perl script automatically add items to the checkout cart and place the order for you when it detects the items in stock.

The problem with writing something that hits other vendor/retailer sites is that there isn't a standard format used so your parsing is going to be unique per site.

Distinguished Rifleman #1924
NRA Certified Instructor (Rifle and Metallic Cartridge Reloading) and RSO
https://www.ocabj.net | http://jocabphoto.com

My AR15 Service Rifle - Used for CMP/NRA High Power Service Rifle Competitions
My Eliseo R5 (Remington 700) Tube Gun - Used for NRA High Power (Match Category) Competitions
My M1 Garand Service Rifle - Used for JCG Matches, rebuilt by Dean's Gun Restorations
Old 08-16-2013, 11:36 PM

That's it. LWP is already installed. It has been an even longer time since I've done any PERL programming. Time to RTFM.

Thanks much!

Last edited by diveRN; 08-16-2013 at 11:43 PM..