Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Sacramento Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2013, 7:44 PM
C3 Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Default Cal Expo Gun Show - Sept 21/22 - Volunteers needed!!!

If you'd like to volunteer to work at the CalGuns booth at the September 21&22 Crossroads of the West Gun Show at Cal Expo, please post your willingness in this thread.

There are 4 shifts (2 each day - 7am to Noon and Noon to 5PM on Saturday, 8AM to Noon and Noon to 4PM on Sunday).

I will be there for all 4 shifts. I need 2 booth veterans on each shift and 1 newbie per shift. If you've done it before, I'd love to have you there again. If you've never done it before, here's your chance.

Newbies will have to pay $20 for the blue CalGuns polo shirt, but you get to keep it. Admission is free and we try to work out the parking costs, as much as is possible.

Here's your chance to step up and help spread the word and meet a lot of other CalGunners at the same time.

First come, first served, so volunteer early and often.

Thanks in advance and I look forward to meeting the newbies and seeing the veterans again.

Tom

NRA Life Member (Benefactor level)

"Those who give up some of their liberty in order to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty, nor safety." B. Franklin
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) in Your Community
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) and Appleseed Event Calendar

The 2nd Amendment is not about hunting or competition shooting. It's all about your inalienable rights to life and liberty.
Old 07-30-2013, 8:09 PM

Would love to have the opportunity but of course wife will probably be in labor with my luck. Lol maybe next year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD so lay off the spelling critique. Thanks
Old 08-04-2013, 8:57 PM

I work for “The Gun Range now” I would love to come out and meet some more gunners. Let me know if someone is still needed.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:29 PM

I would be interested, but I would be a newbie.
Old 08-05-2013, 3:26 PM

Noon to 4 on Sunday sound good, but WAY newbie.
Old 08-05-2013, 5:16 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Tom, Looking forward to working with you again.

Sunday 800 - 1200
Old 08-06-2013, 3:53 PM

This newbie asks... What does working in the booth entail?
Old 08-06-2013, 4:41 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness68 View Post
The main purpose is informing people about Calguns. You get to meet other local CG'ers and talk to fellow gun owners. People will come up and ask various questions about owning a gun in California. If you know the answer, then answer their question and refer them to the Calguns website. If you don't know the answer, refer them to the Calguns website .

It is very casual and I always have a good time.
Old 08-07-2013, 5:02 PM
C3 Leader
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness68 View Post
Grabbed this off the SoCal Del Mar thread.

Quote:
We all know about the current protest about the gun show being held at Del Mar, so now it is even more important to have representation there. You'd be surprised at how many people at the gun show have never heard of Calguns. Although at the booth we are not there to offer opinions (only information), it is important to point out that we have 2A and CRPA forums, in addition to Calguns Foundation and Calguns Shooting Sports Association info.

Please note new volunteers will have to pay $20 for their blue Calguns booth polo shirt.

Contact NotEnufGarage with any questions.

How do I attend as a new volunteer?

Please arrive at the requested time/correct location to check in with the Booth Coordinator and get your CGN Polo. Individuals are to put on a friendly face and be approachable. Avoid conversing with one another if the general public is present at the booth. Face your audience and avoid having your backs to the public.

1. Please, NO SMOKING, NO DRINKING OF ALCOHOL.
2. Wear the official blue polo – CGN T-shirts are not acceptable.
3. No hats.
3. AM volunteers to arrive in advance to help with set up before the show opens to the public, as requested by the booth coordinator.
4. PM volunteers to assist with tear down towards the last 30 minutes of the show on Sunday.
5. Calguns materials are to be displayed on the table; personal items are to be stored below the table or out of sight.
6. ALL guns MUST be inspected and tied, and have a “Not For Sale “ on them. Usually rack has not for sale sign
7. Law enforcement personnel should be treated with respect at all times regardless of the personal views of volunteers. Anyone violating this rule will be asked to leave, sans polo, and your $20.00 will be refunded.
8. Stay off your phone.

Talking Points
• You are not an attorney and cannot offer legal advice, but you can be open in answering general firearms questions. If someone has a question that you cannot answer, have him ask it on the forum -- that is what the site is for.
• Offer to discuss your experiences and why you enjoy being a member of Calguns.
• Stress that Calguns supports the gun rights of all. Steer clear of discussing topics that may be “inflammatory”.
• You are responsible for what you say. Be careful! There can and will be people there who may try to trip you up or who think they know it all and will challenge you. Giving no answer is better than giving a wrong answer. The default answer to any question you don't know should be to refer them to the booth coordinator or refer them to CGN where they can post their question and get the answer from one of the "legal beagles" available there.
• It is also not uncommon for someone to approach you and attempt to lure you into an illegal firearm transaction. Do not get involved in any such activity and if the person persists, contact Law Enforcement. The booth coordinator does not keep bail money on his person.

Here's what the booth typically looks like. General Calguns printed info, stickers, patches, t-shirts, and usually a couple interesting firearms (marked not for sale) on display. Note how happy you will be as a Calguns volunteer!

Vick

"Nobody ever defended anything successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more." (George Patton)

Calguns T-shirts, hats and stickers
New eCommerce site is up, if you have any problems with it, let me know.

The Gulag Archipelago - Online read .pdf

Last edited by Can'thavenuthingood; 08-07-2013 at 5:08 PM..
Old 08-07-2013, 10:45 PM
CGSSA Associate
CGN Contributor

I am likely unavailable this weekend.

This is a great opportunity for you guys!
Old 08-13-2013, 4:47 PM
C3 Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Change of plans... Crossroads show booth cancelled. We're going to try the McManns Roadrunner show at Sacramento Depot Park.

See this thread for more info - http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=807530

NRA Life Member (Benefactor level)

"Those who give up some of their liberty in order to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty, nor safety." B. Franklin
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) in Your Community
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) and Appleseed Event Calendar

The 2nd Amendment is not about hunting or competition shooting. It's all about your inalienable rights to life and liberty.