Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Old 08-06-2013, 6:29 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default **Official Sign-up for CGSSA Long Beach Reloading Clinic V.1.0 **

Note to Mod. Please do not merge this thread.

Here is the sign up page for the First Ever LONG BEACH/Lakewood and surrounding areas reloading clinic.

WHEN AUGUST 25th!!

We set up multiple presses to teach reloading to beginners.

This class differs from most reloading classes that merely lecture. This will be a "Hands on" reloading class where you will make and take the ammo you craft.

We will set up to load for several pistol calibers and at least two rifle calibers. Components can be brought or bought at the class.

We will cover the basics of reloading in a way that will be remembered. You will learn by doing hands on.

Most standard pistol calibers can be covered. Rifle may be limited to 30-06, .308 and .223. However ask if you have a rifle caliber and we have dies and components it could happen. Brass could be the deciding factor here.

There will be a donation for this class of $60.00 for Pistol or $65.00 for Rifle.

Components for one box of pistol (50 rounds) or 2 boxes of 223 (40 rounds) or 1 box of large rifle (20 rounds) are included. Brass is not included.

**There will be clean brass in most cases available for exchange as there is no time to clean brass the day of the event. Should you like to get your brass cleaned PM me to get it done in advance.**

Registration- 8:00 am
Start Time- 9:00 am

Lunch- Noon

Following lunch if you wish to load additional ammo and have your own components you are welcome to do so. Lunch is included along with club dues for one year.

If you have attended a prior workshop and have components to load you may join in after lunch and use the club gear to load some ammo after the class is done.

Some clean brass will be available on exchange basis as there will not be enough time in the class to clean your brass. Should you have Rifle brass that needs cleaning if you can get it to me or some other current reloader we will run it through the tumbler prior to the class.

If you would like to attend, please post and PM me. Please also include the rifle or pistol calibers you would be interested in making and taking home to shoot.

The class size will be limited to 8-12 students. ID will be required. Must be 18 years old or must be 21 to load Pistol ammo unless with a parent.

We are also looking for experienced reloaders for oversight and safety. So PM me if you are willing to help.
Places reserved for and calibers of interest

Students & Caliber
1. Message2Rey -- 223
2. HDGasser --223 or 308
3. Baka --223
4. HDGasser Cousin --223
5. JFWLB- 45acp
6. Sean5063 --223
7. Leukocytez -- 9mm
8. Evil Homer --223
9. Cold Water --223

RESERVES

Volunteers
1. Colt562
2. Bumslie
3. Beetle Bailey
4. AP1040
5. Nirrad
6. tuguanatoes
Than Oversexed & Underlaid...:D

Last edited by Colt562; 08-24-2013 at 5:47 AM..
Old 08-06-2013, 6:37 PM
Veteran Member

I'll be there to help

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanimal View Post
I love you! (some Homo)
Quote:
I am a Gay muslim sometimes.
Go Broncos!
Go Kings Go!
Old 08-06-2013, 7:57 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I'm pretty sure ill be there too!

.308 or .223's. doesn't matter to me

Last edited by HDgasser; 08-06-2013 at 7:59 PM..
Old 08-06-2013, 8:00 PM

Please put me down as a volunteer. Also, I have dies for:

6.5x55 Swedish
7.5x55 Swiss
.303 Brit
7.62x54r Russian
8x57 Mauser (JS)

So if anyone wants to load those, just let me know and bring some brass.

Also getting some .44 magnum/.44 special dies and 7.65x53mm Argentinian (Belgian) Mauser dies soon so that will be available as well.
Old 08-06-2013, 8:14 PM

I'd like to be a volunteer.

I'll bring 40 brass (500 plus cases cleaned) and about 500 Rainier plated 45 cal 185 gr HP bullets to donate to the class.

If there is space I would like to load 5.56, have brass, but only if there is extra room otherwise I'll wait till a later class.
Old 08-06-2013, 8:23 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDgasser View Post
I'm pretty sure ill be there too!

.308 or .223's. doesn't matter to me
as a student correct?
Old 08-06-2013, 8:24 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle Bailey View Post
Please put me down as a volunteer. Also, I have dies for:

6.5x55 Swedish
7.5x55 Swiss
.303 Brit
7.62x54r Russian
8x57 Mauser (JS)

So if anyone wants to load those, just let me know and bring some brass.

Also getting some .44 magnum/.44 special dies and 7.65x53mm Argentinian (Belgian) Mauser dies soon so that will be available as well.
Perfect, If you happen to see someone that wishes to load them please bring them, if not then no worries to bring them.
Old 08-06-2013, 8:32 PM

25th is good for me. Sign me up as student with .223 brass. I've coordinated with Nirrad to clean the shells at his house. I'll shoot thru if there's a spot open...
Old 08-06-2013, 8:35 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by message2rey View Post
25th is good for me. Sign me up as student with .223 brass. I've coordinated with Nirrad to clean the shells at his house. I'll shoot thru if there's a spot open...
Perfect, got you down for 223. see you there.
Old 08-06-2013, 8:40 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt562 View Post
as a student correct?
Yessir!

Sorry guess I should said that before.

Last edited by HDgasser; 08-06-2013 at 8:42 PM..
Old 08-06-2013, 8:42 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

got you signed up!
Old 08-06-2013, 9:18 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I don't know how I missed this. I guess I was fixated on the original thread. I want to be on the list as a student(.45 ACP) and as a volunteer.

I will come early, stay lay late, do grunt work(I'm best at that) and whatever else. Ask me to cook at your own peril. I will also bring my new .45-70 dies in case someone has the desire to load some thumpers.

Also, I got some decent wood tonight scavenging. pm me tomorrow night for the specifics.

John
And in all fairness, just because JMB did it doesn't mean anything. He'd have won WWII with a soup can, a fork, and a couple rocks. Seriously, even McGuyver and Steven Hawking get together every now and then and are like "How the **** did he do that?..."
Old 08-07-2013, 2:39 AM

Please count me in!

Student

Ian

Reporter: "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist?"

Marine: "Recoil."
Old 08-07-2013, 10:24 AM
Veteran Member

Bump

Quote:
I love you! (some Homo)
Quote:
Go Broncos!
Go Kings Go!
Old 08-07-2013, 5:16 PM

Quote:
Perfect, If you happen to see someone that wishes to load them please bring them, if not then no worries to bring them.
Yeah, I figured if I mentioned it was a possibility maybe someone would post that they want to load one of those rounds and then I would bring the dies that day. You never know when someone's got an old foreign rifle sitting around they want to shoot.
Old 08-07-2013, 6:48 PM

Please sign me up as a student. I would like to load 223. thx
Old 08-08-2013, 5:35 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

So all this talk in the other thread and only 3 people signing up... C'mon guys!!!
Old 08-08-2013, 2:19 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

we have about 4. So far all 223. We need at least a couple more, maybe some people that want to learn how to reload pistol?

LIST HAS BEEN UPDATED IF YOU DONT SEE YOUR NAME AND YOU PM'D ME PLEASE PM ME AGAIN.
Old 08-08-2013, 4:52 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
we have about 4. So far all 223. We need at least a couple more, maybe some people that want to learn how to reload pistol?

LIST HAS BEEN UPDATED IF YOU DONT SEE YOUR NAME AND YOU PM'D ME PLEASE PM ME AGAIN.
I'm down to learns me sums pistola loads too!!

I have plenty of 9 & 45 brass to play with
Old 08-08-2013, 5:44 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDgasser View Post
I'm down to learns me sums pistola loads too!!

I have plenty of 9 & 45 brass to play with
Ok perfect,

Please keep in mind, you will only be able to load one type of ammo. If you want to reload pistol and rifle, you will either need to buy components at the clinic or buy them before. Only one type will be provided which was covered in the fees.
Old 08-08-2013, 8:16 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Ok perfect,

Please keep in mind, you will only be able to load one type of ammo. If you want to reload pistol and rifle, you will either need to buy components at the clinic or buy them before. Only one type will be provided which was covered in the fees.
Sounds good to me!
Old 08-08-2013, 9:21 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I just want to make sure my name is added to the list. I know I have been assured that I am there, but I also know that sometimes things happen and I am just covering my own butt.

I want to be added as a student for .45 ACP(there's your pistol ammo) and also as a volunteer to do any set up/ tear down, grunt work that needs to be done. I am more than happy to show up early and stay late to get the job done.

I am feeling kind of bad that hardly anyone has signed up for this. I thought that everybody was waiting in the wings for something to happen and I got too wrapped up in trying to push this forward. Maybe I spoke too soon?

If I did I would like to publicly apologize to Bigbronco, Bumslie, Colt, HDGasser, and all the rest of you that were spurred on by my enthusiasm. I am sorry if I jumped the gun and I will try not to let it happen again. I am just so jazzed by this concept and I think it can really pay off in dividends for the whole community to get this thing steamrolling.

I think I will post a thread in OT to try to get some momentum going. I know that was the way I initially found out about these state clubs forming.

John Wheeler
And in all fairness, just because JMB did it doesn't mean anything. He'd have won WWII with a soup can, a fork, and a couple rocks. Seriously, even McGuyver and Steven Hawking get together every now and then and are like "How the **** did he do that?..."
Old 08-08-2013, 11:01 PM

You can put me down as a volunteer for instruction.

I have dies for: .223, .308, 8x57 Mauser JS, .30-06 Springfield, .303 British, 6.5x55 Swedish, 9mm, and .45 ACP.

I also have a Giraud trimmer that I can lend out for this class for .223, .308, and .30-06 for extremely fast trimming, but I also recommend showing people the "normal" way of trimming, lest we all get spoiled with the Giraud!
Old 08-09-2013, 4:14 PM

My guess is a lot of people just haven't seen the thread yet. They might only log on to the forum once or twice a week. Or it could be schedule conflicts.

Didn't they collect the screen names of the people that attended the first meeting at Straw Hat? Maybe those people can get a PM with a link to this thread? Just a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfwlb View Post
I just want to make sure my name is added to the list. I know I have been assured that I am there, but I also know that sometimes things happen and I am just covering my own butt.

I want to be added as a student for .45 ACP(there's your pistol ammo) and also as a volunteer to do any set up/ tear down, grunt work that needs to be done. I am more than happy to show up early and stay late to get the job done.

I am feeling kind of bad that hardly anyone has signed up for this. I thought that everybody was waiting in the wings for something to happen and I got too wrapped up in trying to push this forward. Maybe I spoke too soon?

If I did I would like to publicly apologize to Bigbronco, Bumslie, Colt, HDGasser, and all the rest of you that were spurred on by my enthusiasm. I am sorry if I jumped the gun and I will try not to let it happen again. I am just so jazzed by this concept and I think it can really pay off in dividends for the whole community to get this thing steamrolling.

I think I will post a thread in OT to try to get some momentum going. I know that was the way I initially found out about these state clubs forming.

John Wheeler
Old 08-09-2013, 6:48 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
My guess is a lot of people just haven't seen the thread yet. They might only log on to the forum once or twice a week. Or it could be schedule conflicts.

Didn't they collect the screen names of the people that attended the first meeting at Straw Hat? Maybe those people can get a PM with a link to this thread? Just a thought.
That is an OUTSTANDING idea! Why didn't I think of that? What about it Colt? I'm pretty sure you were the one collecting the screen names. If you want, you can send me the list and I will PM the members.

John
Old 08-09-2013, 6:53 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfwlb View Post

John Wheeler
Get jazzed. It's fun and contagious. It's hard for me to because of how many projects I'm doing just for the reloading
Club. But yeah, put it out there, pm
People, post threads, get your community involved. Don't let us dictate it. You'll have a better core group of enthused individuals like yourself.

It's fun! So get out there and start encouraging other people to join in the fun.

Quote:
I love you! (some Homo)
Quote:
Go Broncos!
Go Kings Go!
Old 08-10-2013, 6:55 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

bump
Old 08-10-2013, 8:22 AM
Calguns Addict

If you need another helper sign me up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
I've been know to cross dress and go the other way at certain events.
Old 08-10-2013, 1:51 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Got a couple pieces of brass for ya Nirrad!!

Brass BuMp!

Old 08-11-2013, 10:13 AM

So far, it looks like most people want to reload .223 rem. I have a Forster .223 micrometer seating die on the BBT so I will be bringing that to the clinic along with my regular .223 and .45 ACP die sets.
Old 08-11-2013, 1:15 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
So far, it looks like most people want to reload .223 rem. I have a Forster .223 micrometer seating die on the BBT so I will be bringing that to the clinic along with my regular .223 and .45 ACP die sets.
Please also bring any 223 shell holders you might have.
Old 08-11-2013, 9:31 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Old 08-12-2013, 12:11 PM

Get me on the list!!!! Student 9mm
Old 08-12-2013, 6:10 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leukocytez View Post
Get me on the list!!!! Student 9mm
Sweet, you are now on the list
Old 08-13-2013, 7:04 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

What the hell happen to Exodous?!
Old 08-13-2013, 9:11 AM

Any one wanna sell me some 223 brass ? if so count me in
SIG MOSQUITO
22 BOBCAT
795 MARLIN
SPR SPIKES BUILT0
Noveske AR pistol
Old 08-13-2013, 9:15 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil homer View Post
Any one wanna sell me some 223 brass ? if so count me in
If you can not get any, we will have some available at the clinic for pre-panic prices.

Quote:
I love you! (some Homo)
Quote:
Go Broncos!
Go Kings Go!
Old 08-13-2013, 10:37 AM

Awesome
SIG MOSQUITO
22 BOBCAT
795 MARLIN
SPR SPIKES BUILT0
Noveske AR pistol
Old 08-13-2013, 12:50 PM

Evil homer - I will have some extra if you need any (no charge - just make a donation to the club).

Ian

Reporter: "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist?"

Marine: "Recoil."
Old 08-13-2013, 2:24 PM

Thanks Baka and of course I will donate as I did on our first meet as well,
See you guys on aug 25.
SIG MOSQUITO
22 BOBCAT
795 MARLIN
SPR SPIKES BUILT0
Noveske AR pistol