Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder > Curio & Relic Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic Gallery Post pictures of your favorite milsurp here.

Old 08-01-2013, 11:22 AM

Default Yugo PAP M59 value

Hey guys, I acquired a Yugo PAP M59 (NOT M59/66) recently that's in fair condition (some stock wear and light blueing wear). The wife wants a new handgun so I figure I should sell this one to help minimize the damage, do you guys have any idea what these go for these days?
Old 08-01-2013, 11:35 AM
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor

Location: The People's Glorious Republik of Southern Kalifornistan

The PAP M59 Zastava SKS is in my opinion among the finest SKS variants available. As a shooter, I prefer them over Russians all day long. If your rifle is 100% matching numbers (Some EP'd parts are normal on a PAP!) I'd ask for $500. Mismatched parts, wear, banged up stock, and you get to about $400.

They are fine rifles. Yugoslavian guns have always impressed me with their sturdy builds.
Old 08-01-2013, 1:12 PM
Veteran Member

I am a fan of the Yugo SKS models.

One way in which they differ from most other SKS's is that they do not have a chrome lined barrel. Consequently, a prospective purchaser should inspect the bore thoroughly. Most surplus ammo (including Yugoslavian) has corrosive primers, and these barrels will corrode afterward if not properly cleaned using the cleaning process for corrosive ammo immediately after use. There could be rust (from current maltreatment) or pitting (from past maltreatment) and the buyer and seller should be aware of this and check and price accordingly.

I have two of the 59's and one 59/66 and they are good guns.
Old 08-01-2013, 1:41 PM
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor

Location: The People's Glorious Republik of Southern Kalifornistan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruss01 View Post
I am a fan of the Yugo SKS models.

One way in which they differ from most other SKS's is that they do not have a chrome lined barrel. Consequently, a prospective purchaser should inspect the bore thoroughly. Most surplus ammo (including Yugoslavian) has corrosive primers, and these barrels will corrode afterward if not properly cleaned using the cleaning process for corrosive ammo immediately after use. There could be rust (from current maltreatment) or pitting (from past maltreatment) and the buyer and seller should be aware of this and check and price accordingly.

I have two of the 59's and one 59/66 and they are good guns.
Agreed. Checking the barrel is a good idea on any used gun, but with Yugos it is especially important.