Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > L.A. Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2013, 6:32 AM
CGN Contributor

Thanks for having me, I pretty much kept to myself (which isn't like me)(I was the one shooting from the rickety picnic table) I didn't know what to expect as this was the first time I have shot outside since the navy, Thanks to the volunteers that kept this a safe environment that I intend to bring my kids to in the future. I learned a bunch, and had a ball.

Note to self: bring more Ammo!
Old 07-28-2013, 7:53 AM

Had a great time once again. Picked up an Argentine 1909 Calvary Carbine, got to chrono my .38, .44, and 8mm handloads, try some some of SantaMonica9's tasty chicken kabobs, and shoot both a WWII 1911 and Norwegian Krag. Also demo'ed my Ruger Old Army for a half dozen people and got the blessing from the jumbopanda himself to use a Solar Tactical magazine lock on an AK I am planning on buying next month.

And let's give credit to everyone who worked on the grill to make this happen: SantaMonica9, CrazyChinaman, opouly, and anyone else who helped out that I didn't see because I was too busy grubbing.

Thanks to all who helped make this a safe and fun event!

BB
Old 07-28-2013, 8:36 AM
.22LR Riffle
CGN Contributor

_MG_8367 by 79522LR, on Flickr

_MG_8371 by 79522LR, on Flickr

_MG_8373 - Copy by 79522LR, on Flickr

_MG_8369 by 79522LR, on Flickr

_MG_8366 - Copy by 79522LR, on Flickr

_MG_8370 - Copy by 79522LR, on Flickr

_MG_8375 - Copy by 79522LR, on Flickr
Old 07-28-2013, 3:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by santamonica9 View Post
yup the gentleman with the suburban took them for next month. sadly i cant make it. special thanks to crazychinaman & beetlebaily for manning the grill. especially chinaman b/c he had to deal with the worst designed tongs & was just in the grilling zone!

thanks to calguns - the people in the background we the public have no idea about....david, jacob, howie. etc etc

defcon - your pics are SICK (for those older folks in todays slang sick is something very good ) looking forward to seeing more, like the one i hope you took of my table all layed out

thanks again to everyone who came out today & made this happen today, It was awesome.
SantaMo9, I couldn't say it better, definite +1. I was the one in the 'burb. There you go calling me a gentleman. Now I have to act respectable. Sorry you won't be there next month.

As you say, I have the leftovers. If they're not fresh by next month then I'll buy new. I guess you could say I was hauling buns on the way home.

As a bonus, I have the evil tongs. Maybe we should gold plate them and we can present them as a perpetual award for something. Won't do anything with them 'til I find out whose they are and whether or not they want them back.

Howie, thanks for sharing your shade and table with the likes of me. Beetle Bailey, thanks for letting me shoot your fine revolvers. That was my first time shooting cap and ball. I want one of those too now. Considering what it takes to load one, maybe we can set up a "progressive loading line".

The shooing was fine, but I liked meeting/talking with everyone just as much.

Take care everyone, see you in a month. TD
Old 07-28-2013, 4:29 PM

Due to these photos, I think they are going to have to change the name.
Shoot n Que ... and Showcase of Guns, or Gallery of Guns.
dc
Old 07-28-2013, 7:18 PM

defcon, thanks for the cool pics! I keep meaning to check out the other side, but I can never make it past the grill area

TackyDriver, the revolvers are available any time. Glad you enjoyed them. The cap and ball revolver you shot is the Ruger Old Army and sadly is no longer in production but they were made for about 30 years so there are a lot of them out there. You were shooting a .457" roundball over 35 grains Goex FFFg and a homemade lubed felt wad. Forgot to chrono it (too many things going on!) but it is supposed to be about 900 fps. BTW with a twist of a screw, you can remove the cylinder and place it in a simple fixture to load the cylinder "off the gun". That would speed things up a bit as well as make it easier to load conical bullets should you wish to do so. But, I like my balls.

David13, your friends did well with the black powder gun. Hope to see them again next time.
Old 07-28-2013, 7:29 PM

Wish I could have been there, looks like you guys had a blast!
Old 07-28-2013, 8:51 PM
CGSSA Associate

Guns, Grilling, and bacon. Such a wonderful combo.
Old 07-29-2013, 2:29 PM

I know Howie was taking some pics and one of the other guys video'ed himself shooting the Ruger Old Army, so post them up!