Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Range Cleanups
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Range Cleanups Schedule dates and time to clean up outdoor ranges. If we don't who will?

Old 07-08-2013, 8:42 PM
Veteran Member

Here is the sign I think people are talking about. Basically it stipulates to keep the place clean or we will shut it down.

Went out this weekend and of course there was trash, shell casings, lots of shotgun hulls, glass, etc everywhere. Someone also dumped trash in the ditch by the road, TV sets and wood and plastic shotup buckets. I took what I could, but not a lot.

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks & corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

KrisAnne Hall on Oregon

"I am sullied - no more" Col. Ted Westhusing
Old 07-08-2013, 8:45 PM
Veteran Member

Honestly, I'm surprised no one has shot the sign yet... all in due time I guess.

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks & corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

KrisAnne Hall on Oregon

Old 07-08-2013, 8:55 PM

That sign has been there for sometime now... it's just a reminder for the hooligans to pick up their ****.
Old 07-08-2013, 9:04 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobGR View Post

Here is the sign I think people are talking about. Basically it stipulates to keep the place clean or we will shut it down.

Went out this weekend and of course there was trash, shell casings, lots of shotgun hulls, glass, etc everywhere. Someone also dumped trash in the ditch by the road, TV sets and wood and plastic shotup buckets. I took what I could, but not a lot.
As you pull in that sign is on your right side on the top of the berm and has been there at least a year, directly on your left side on top of the same berm there was a white aprox. 18x18 inch metal sign on a 6 foot metal post that said "No Trespassing", looked like a bran new county sign. One of the rangers pulled it up and just laid it over. Other people said there were others which sounded like they are where the roads go off of BLM land and on to other properties.

Good to see that Eat Dirt's Calguns sign is still in good shape.

Last edited by chknlyps2; 07-08-2013 at 9:07 PM..
Old 07-08-2013, 9:13 PM
Veteran Member

Ah, thought that was the sign previous posts on this thread were talking about. I do know the road at the bend was blocked off with boulders and now has "private property, no trespassing" posted, that was a while ago too though. Never saw the sign the ranger took down.

KrisAnne Hall on Oregon

Old 07-08-2013, 9:22 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsout323 View Post
That sign has been there for sometime now... it's just a reminder for the hooligans to pick up their ****.
Wish they would read it or just have common decency.... but if you went to the beach this past Independence Day weekend, it's rather apparent people could care less. Absolutely trashed.

KrisAnne Hall on Oregon

Old 07-08-2013, 9:24 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chknlyps2 View Post
As you pull in that sign is on your right side on the top of the berm and has been there at least a year, directly on your left side on top of the same berm there was a white aprox. 18x18 inch metal sign on a 6 foot metal post that said "No Trespassing", looked like a bran new county sign. One of the rangers pulled it up and just laid it over. Other people said there were others which sounded like they are where the roads go off of BLM land and on to other properties.

Good to see that Eat Dirt's Calguns sign is still in good shape.
Well, there is a spot on BLM near this spot I have shot at before. The last time I went to that spot someone had put up" No Trespassing" signs near the road in. If the Ranger pulled up that sign at steele peak, it makes me think it had no force or right to be there, which makes me more curious about the signs put up where I shoot. Are they sprouting up by some group that thinks its their duty to keep us out or are they there because someone made a claim on the BLM land. In case some of you don't know, there are mining claims in the area and have been for years. I don't know if they still allow new claims in this area, but then again who is putting up "no trespassing" signs?

NRA Endowment Life Member
CRPA 5 yr Member

"...which from their verbosity, their endless tautologies, their involutions of case within case, and parenthesis within parenthesis, and their multiplied efforts at certainty by saids and aforesaids, by ors and by ands, to make them more plain, do really render them more perplexed and incomprehensible, not only to common readers, but to lawyers themselves. " - Thomas Jefferson
Old 07-08-2013, 9:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobGR View Post
Wish they would read it or just have common decency.... but if you went to the beach this past Independence Day weekend, it's rather apparent people could care less. Absolutely trashed.
Yeah, it's really unfortunate. Which is why I haven't been to the beaches for sometime now-- used to bum it until even the waters got really dirty/polluted.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:09 AM

Count me in! I'd really like to come help out. I am fairly new to So Cal, so if someone could PM with more precise directions to the spot I would greatly appreciate it. I'll be in a Tundra if stuff needs Hauling and I'll be more than happy to bring some cold water.
Old 07-11-2013, 2:19 PM

Took a trip there last weekend.... It's not *** terrible as I've seen it but regardless it was still trashed. Ill be up there this Saturday picking up a bit. Happy shooting!
Old 07-11-2013, 2:42 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Location: Somewhere in the Inland Empire between the mountains, the desert, and the beach

When is the next official cleanup?

Hopefully I will be going this Saturday morning to plink!
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one.
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. --Groucho Marx
Old 07-11-2013, 2:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Licht View Post

Hopefully I will be going this Saturday morning to plink!
It would be great to get one going pretty soon here.
Old 07-12-2013, 9:24 PM
Calguns Cleanup Member
CGN Contributor

I agree, we should have one in the next few months. I was part of the April 27th one and that turned out great, had alot of good people out there.
Old 07-12-2013, 9:32 PM

We're heading out Sunday if anyone is interested.
Old 07-12-2013, 9:34 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Licht View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by koocan View Post
It would be great to get one going pretty soon here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean714 View Post
I agree, we should have one in the next few months. I was part of the April 27th one and that turned out great, had alot of good people out there.
Well right now BLM has no money in the budget for a dumpster, we got lucky on the 27th because there was an earth day clean up a few miles away and they had some space in their dumpsters, the trucks that hauled the trash there were donated by another agency as a favor.

How much trash is there...... is there enough to fill a roll off dumpster?
Old 07-12-2013, 11:32 PM
Calguns Cleanup Member
CGN Contributor

Ill be out there this morning for a few hours, ill check it out and let you know Robbie. I was there a month ago and wasent that bad, just by the road when you first hit the dirt.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:33 PM

I'm heading there in the am. Ill report back
Old 07-13-2013, 5:48 AM
CGSSA Associate

I have been doing cleanups down here in San Diego . Could somebody PM me directions to the BLM up there in Riverside county. At some point it would be nice to have a joint county clean up.

Please protect me from the evil that I see, and the darkness that I cannot.----Rev.Johnson
Old 07-13-2013, 4:43 PM
Calguns Cleanup Member
CGN Contributor

The report is in, not real bad but needs some work. I went around the backside of Steele Peak and was more trash than before. I saw big window signs that were scattered around. Theres that one hill as you turn on the left that always has crap all over it. But one good thing is i saw less tvs,tires,glass,etc. than ever before. So i take it people are reading the Calguns sign when you first drive in. But i would say in another month or two it will need a good clean up again. I heard some guys shooting automatic stuff today, im always looking around me to know whats going on. I took about 30 mins and filled a garbage bag up just in the little area i was in. heres some pics to share my day. Note: I saw a couple of older guys picking up trash and casings, Thank you guys.

Old 07-13-2013, 5:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean714 View Post
The report is in, not real bad but needs some work. I went around the backside of Steele Peak and was more trash than before. I saw big window signs that were scattered around. Theres that one hill as you turn on the left that always has crap all over it. But one good thing is i saw less tvs,tires,glass,etc. than ever before. So i take it people are reading the Calguns sign when you first drive in. But i would say in another month or two it will need a good clean up again. I heard some guys shooting automatic stuff today, im always looking around me to know whats going on. I took about 30 mins and filled a garbage bag up just in the little area i was in. heres some pics to share my day. Note: I saw a couple of older guys picking up trash and casings, Thank you guys.

I heard the auto popping off too! Was very surprised to hear that. But like Sean said place wasn't too bad. Where I was located there were several (probably around 5) phone books that had been previously shot up. Forgot my trash bag so I just laid them in my car. Bad idea they were full of ants and I didn't notice. Oh well! Was a good day of shooting
Old 07-13-2013, 10:46 PM

Can anyone pm me the grids coordinates. I can figure out how to get there. Rest easy I always pick up after myself... I go to Hodges. But often to far for me. Thanks every one...
Old 07-15-2013, 11:45 AM

I'm in if someone wants to schedule another clean up day. Perhaps we could take up a collection for dumpters? My son and I went yesterday. Every time we go we bring extra garbage bags and leave with five times what we brought in. I pulled an old TV and plastic bucket off the hill but couldn't fit any more trash in my jeep. I left it beside the road hoping someone with a truck might pick it up. Thanks if you did.
Old 07-15-2013, 1:33 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Location: Somewhere in the Inland Empire between the mountains, the desert, and the beach

Should do it on the 3rd Saturday of a month.... that's free dump day for many Riverside County dumps. Just bring lots of pickup trucks!
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one.
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. --Groucho Marx
Old 07-17-2013, 4:41 PM
CGN Contributor

Thumbs up

All the work you guys have done has not gone unnoticed, BLM gave Calguns an award for all the work you volunteers have done. Congratulations guys!

Please see thread here. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...7#post11842437
Old 07-17-2013, 4:57 PM

Keep up the great work, and let's keep this place
Old 07-17-2013, 8:07 PM
Calguns Cleanup Member
CGN Contributor

Great News, thanks for sharing chknlyps2. Thanks to all that helped clean Steele Peak and keep it open.
Old 07-20-2013, 4:55 PM

i am also down for the clean up just let me know ahead of time!!!!!
Old 07-21-2013, 7:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhh s.k View Post
i am also down for the clean up just let me know ahead of time!!!!!
X2, I live close.
Old 07-28-2013, 6:43 PM

If some one could pm the directions . I would appreciate it ..
Old 07-29-2013, 1:04 AM
Banned

Location: Currently in a shanty I made in the river bottom by Eastvale.

The problem I have with all of these cleanups is I get easily distracted by the bullets laying all over so I start picking them up and then well, pockets full of lead and I forget why I am there, but I have lead to take home!

Camel back works great too. Glad I had one last time.

Maybe I will test some of the new 24.7gr 44 mags this week. Unleash the Deagle on the backside of the hill...
Old 08-19-2013, 11:49 AM

Im in, whens the next clean up scheduled?
Old 08-19-2013, 12:34 PM

Was out yesterday...pulled a dude out of a ditch at the entrance.

20 + people right next to the road.

I went all the way around, passed tons of shotgun hulls and clay.

Not too much in the way of large appliances and stuff any more.

It was HOT!
Old 08-19-2013, 10:48 PM
Banned

Hey guys i am in Menifee,but have no car at the moment and am new to the area and don't know my way around,but if someone can pick me up i was born game like Rooster Cogburn.i bust *** when i work folks.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:59 PM

question never been but do you have to pick up your broken clays???
Old 08-24-2013, 8:27 AM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by peewhy View Post
question never been but do you have to pick up your broken clays???
The rangers say you should...
Old 08-24-2013, 5:07 PM

I was here this morning with 4 others, when we showed up the sun was coming over the hills. where we set up there was piles of shotgun shells. when we left it was starting to get warm, all the shells were picked up and our brass. were so thankful that this place is open, everyone needs to leave the place cleaner than when they showed up. we left around 11
Old 08-24-2013, 7:58 PM

Man, pretty trashed compared to other times-- we cleaned up what we could once we were done. We were here since 7AM, and found several spots covered in shotgun shells, glass, plastic, etc. F***ing people I swear... take this place for granted and ruining it for others.
Old 08-25-2013, 1:14 PM
Banned

Location: Currently in a shanty I made in the river bottom by Eastvale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chknlyps2 View Post
The rangers say you should...
That is a joke right?

If they seriously expect people to pick up their broken clays, man, that place will NEVER be clean. I can say that with very bold authority. (I do not even know what it means, but it sounds like I know what I am talking about fo SHO)

I mean, logistically speaking, when you shoot a clay in mid air it is usually all over the place in pieces. Plus they are CLAYS, they are biodegradeable that last time I checked, Actually everything is biodegradeable, but clays were supposed to degrade extra fast...

Unless of course it is meant that you should not leave target clays sitting around ont he rocks and all. I do not see a problem with doing that, but taking them back? Just shoot them already. I like to shoot a clay until it is in little itty bitty kitteh- err pieces. Anyways. We have a couple of them rubber balls that we throw out and fetch at the end of the shooting session now... :\

just sayin...
Old 08-25-2013, 9:25 PM

Even if clays are biodegradeable, why would you want that sea of orange? Just finished a couple of clean ups and we made the location spotless including clays.

from the BLM / CA FAQ:

Always pick up and remove targets, empty shells, and any other debris after you have finished. You can be cited for littering if you leave any debris; for this reason, in the desert region, you are not allowed to use clay pigeons as targets. Even the so-called “biodegradable” clay targets remain indefinitely in the dry, fragile landscape of the desert.

from the BLM/Needles office:

Shoot only retrievable, freestanding targets. It is illegal to shoot glass, trees, or Historical Structures. Shooting clay targets (Clay Pigeons) is not allowed on public lands. Take all used targets with you.

NOTE: if you Google further, BLM Utah and Idaho say it's ok, but you have to pick up all target trash.
Old 08-30-2013, 6:50 AM

went there last sunday just to the entrance and boy was it dirty I took a bag full of empty shot gun shells and trash but im not going to sit here and say it looked clean after I took what ever trash I picked up it needs a full blown clean up again the place looks really trashed right now