Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Commercial Sales
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Commercial Sales For the Commercial sales of Firearms and Accessories. Read the rules before posting.

Old 07-03-2013, 9:03 PM

Ordered a set.
Old 07-07-2013, 9:37 AM
Vendor/Retailer

deckhandmike - Where have you seen 3 weeks for coated armor delivery times? I simply log on to my Calguns every day or so just to check if I have PM's. I generally don't have a whole bunch of time to surf through the forums to see who has responded to old threads. Furthermore, I have not seen any emails from you, especially since I cannot figure out who you are just by your Calguns user ID. I just checked my PM's back to 5/29 and there is not one PM from your user ID. Can you confirm otherwise?

I do not always get the chance to go through the commercial sales forum to see who has replied to threads. Like I said, I log in as much as I can generally just to see if I have new PM's. We're ridiculous busy. Each and every customer is extremely important to us, so don't feel like you're being ignored.

Our phone number is also on our website, and our email address is also on there as well. Please feel free to email me to get an updated status on your order. info@thetargetman.com

Thank you,

Jeremy

Please shoot me an email and let me know

Be sure to visit our site for UNBEATABLE pricing on AR500 Targets and Ballistic Body Armor! www.TheTargetMan.com

"LIKE" us on Facebook! (we will post coupons and unadvertised specials on FB!)

View our Calguns Subforum!
Old 07-07-2013, 9:47 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckhandmike View Post
Any updates on my order? I received an email on 6/22/13 saying my order was complete but the tracking order does not work. Order #3445. I emailed but have only received an auto reply.
Deckhandmike - I did not see that you contacted us via a reply to a thread. I do not consider this a "contact". Please know that as I pointed out, we're ridiculous busy and do our best to keep up with PM's and emails. Being said, I do not have a whole bunch of time to "surf" through the threads to see who posts up all the time. We do try to keep up with our threads, but PM's and email are priority. We check the threads as often as we can. We're working 16 hour days almost daily....even on weekends.

There are some orders from June 22, and even a couple from June 18 that have yet to ship. The reason being is we rejected a ton of plates from Rhino Liner. Functionally, they are perfect, but apparently they had a bunch of cosmetic flaws. We sent them back to get stripped and recoated.

When we print labels, we generally batch print with the intention of shipping all the labels withing a few days. Rhino has had a ton of hurdles and aside from them goofing up the coating on 130+ plates, they also had roof damage from a storm. The roof leaked and collapsed in a few areas of their bay. This created excess humidity and they were not able to spray. I'm not making excuses for them, but that is the truth of what happened. Nothing ever goes easy it seems.

The owner of RL is going in today and will be bringing by a bunch of plates. Darn near every order will ship by Tuesday. I apologize about the wait as it has been excessive. Believe me, I'm contacting Rhino daily to get status updates. The holiday and the storm have also delayed things just a bit.

Lastly, please know we're working as hard/fast as we possibly can to get orders out. I have responded to all emails that I know of, so please excuse me if you have not received a reply from us. Feel free to contact us directly at 520-789-0875

Thank you,

Jeremy

Be sure to visit our site for UNBEATABLE pricing on AR500 Targets and Ballistic Body Armor! www.TheTargetMan.com

Last edited by TheTargetMan; 07-07-2013 at 10:56 AM..
Old 07-07-2013, 11:12 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTargetMan View Post
Things went absolutely crazy with the orders. We now have things very manageable and new orders will ship in 3 +/- weeks from this point forward. The armor "surge" has slowed a little bit (this is welcomed believe it or not) and we have become more efficient then ever. I apologize about the wait as it was definitely longer then the initial 6-7 week lead time we advertised. We will never sacrifice quality to meet lead times. I hope you agree the long wait, though a little irritating, was worth it.
This is where I got the three weeks thing from. Post 157 of your info thread. My order was placed on 5/02/13 and yes I have emailed.

Last edited by deckhandmike; 07-07-2013 at 11:45 AM..
Old 07-07-2013, 12:04 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckhandmike View Post
This is where I got the three weeks thing from. Post 157 of your info thread. My order was placed on 5/02/13 and yes I have emailed.
deckhandmike - That was for orders placed as of current. We have adjusted the lead time again on our site. Its so hard to keep up with everything, but we do our best. Like I stated earlier, we printed your label in the time frame specified in which your order would ship, but we rejected the plates from Rhino. Would you want plates that look like this below? I will NEVER sacrifice quality to make a lead time.

All I can do is apologize and tell you we're working as hard/fast as we possibly can. We do our best to ship within estimated lead times, but things do happen that delay the manufacturing process. The problem with the manufacturing process is that a lot of this is outsourced. When you outsource, you lost control. We simply cut and bend the plates. Then the plates go out for blasting and then from blasting they go directly to Rhino. If the blaster is down or if Rhino is down, that causes an obvious delay in the lead time. Again, our lead times are estimates and we do our best to keep up.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Last edited by TheTargetMan; 07-07-2013 at 12:14 PM..
Old 07-07-2013, 12:18 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks for the update.
Old 07-14-2013, 4:24 PM

Just ordered my set! cant wait for these to get here so I can see how they will fit in my PIG.After back surgery, its going to be nuthin but carbine and pistol courses, Yeehaw
Old 07-15-2013, 5:47 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrc44 View Post
Just ordered my set! cant wait for these to get here so I can see how they will fit in my PIG.After back surgery, its going to be nuthin but carbine and pistol courses, Yeehaw
Nice! Thanks for the order!!

For the others who have ordered and not shipped (for those we printed labels for in the saga above); your orders will be in the mail tomorrow.

Thanks again!!

TTM

Old 07-15-2013, 6:46 PM

Ordered a set last night. Can't wait to get my paws in these bad boys.
Old 07-16-2013, 9:11 AM

Just wanted to thank Jeremy for all the help with my questions(my first plate purchase), really appreciate it. These guys rock!
Old 07-17-2013, 6:04 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Thanks for the orders guys, and the kind words. We are 4 weeks or less now on coated armor orders.

Jeremy

Old 08-02-2013, 8:01 AM
Vendor/Retailer

To the top! Thanks guys!!

Old 08-12-2013, 3:23 PM

Just got my set in the mail and they look great.

Old 08-14-2013, 6:11 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel650 View Post
Just got my set in the mail and they look great.

Glad you like them. We're moving more armor then we ever thought imaginable. Simple formula for sales.... TOP quality AR500 Omega Armor, TOP quality frag mitigation coating (FAR outperforms PAXCON, Line-X, and other polyurethanes), and BEST pricing in the industry! Not to mention the coolest looking and most comfortable armor too!