Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Survival and Preparations
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Survival and Preparations Long and short term survival and 'prepping'.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:18 AM

Default Thinnest New Leatherman - for EDC

Seems like an odd request, right? Nope. Most new Leatherman multi-tools are getting thicker and thicker. I used a Sideclip earlier today and wow, it is incredibly thin, but has been discontinued.

So far, I've found the Skeletool to be marginally thin at 5/8" (but lacks a true needle-nose pliers - it's blunt nosed).

The thinness I'm looking for is around 1/2" by 4" long (full-size equivalent). Leatherman doesn't post dimensions on their website...

Thanks!
Old 07-15-2013, 11:11 AM

The Leatherman I carry in my pocket every day is the Leatherman Squirt PS4. It's small enough to be no bother no matter what I'm wearing, but has the pliers, scissors, knife, and screwdriver tips I want to have with me at all times. It's 2 3/8 long by 13/16 wide by 1/4 thick.

I have a full-size Leatherman Wave (not with me so I can't measure it), but it's big enough that I only carry it in a pack or when I want to wear a belt sheath, unless I have a specific purpose in mind that day for carrying it in my pocket.

Last edited by Paltik; 08-21-2013 at 2:18 PM..
Old 07-15-2013, 11:11 AM
Veteran Member

You can still get the Sideclip on eBay, but they'll come at a premium or they're used- which isn't necessarily bad. I'm a Sideclip carrier and it's so unnoticeable I constantly find myself tapping my pocket to make sure it's still there. My only pet peeve with the Sideclip is the lack of a blade lock.

You can also get a clip as an accessory and add it to a model (like the discontinued but much cheaper Kick). The current Sidekick model is only 3.8" long closed, but it looks just a little thicker than the Sideclip.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paltik View Post
The Leatherman I carry in my pocket every day is the Leatherman Squirt PS4. It's small enough to be no bother no matter what I'm wearing, but has the pliers, scissors, knife, and screwdriver tips I want to have with me at all times. It's 2 3/8 long by 13/16 wide by 1/4 thick.

I have a full-size Leatherman Wave (not with me so I can't measure it), but it's big enough that I only carry it in a pack or when I want to wear a belt sheath, unless I have a specific purpose in mind that day for carrying it in my pocket.
Thanks, but that's not really full-sized... I have several Micra's which are larger than the Squirt, and the handles are just not enough.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootergmc View Post
You can still get the Sideclip on eBay, but they'll come at a premium or they're used- which isn't necessarily bad. I'm a Sideclip carrier and it's so unnoticeable I constantly find myself tapping my pocket to make sure it's still there. My only pet peeve with the Sideclip is the lack of a blade lock.

You can also get a clip as an accessory and add it to a model (like the discontinued but much cheaper Kick). The current Sidekick model is only 3.8" long closed, but it looks just a little thicker than the Sideclip.
I have the Sidekick and it's quite fat. So fat that it doesn't even fit in the included leather sheath.