Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 07-13-2013, 10:13 AM
Veteran Member

Location: Roseville area, or wherever they pay my confiscatory rates for things only I know how to do (lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clee View Post
... How does CAT teach all these students on the line without muzzling the guy in front of you when you holster and unholster your gun?
I am unclear as to why you think there is a special problem unique to CAR. Pull back to SUL, following the contour of your own body back to the holster ... no problem. A 4-count draw with an "averted 2" muzzles no one from almost any standing position, including CAT. That's too easy for it to have not been obvious.

Quote:
Next at 11:00, the shooting on the move portion, do they really teach people to cross their legs while moving?
It's called "putting one foot in front of the other" ... not sure what you saw, but it appears that you are actively searching for something to criticize.

Quote:
Man the more I research this "system" it proves to me its a joke and ha no real world applications.
As an overall primary system, it's lacking in many respects. My primary issue with it is that it takes far too much training to be certain that you won't be flagging your own bicep. It does have some advantages in some cases, for someone willing to learn.

I don't pretend to be an "authority." I'm just a guy who trains a lot, shoots a lot and has a perspective.

Check the ZombieTactics Channel on YouTube for all sorts of gun-related goodness CLICK HERE

Last edited by ZombieTactics; 07-13-2013 at 10:18 AM..
Old 07-13-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieTactics View Post
It's called "putting one foot in front of the other".
Watch the students do it. Its called tripping over yourself with a gun. Football sidesteps are not smart when you have a gun pointed downrange.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:09 PM
Veteran Member

Location: Roseville area, or wherever they pay my confiscatory rates for things only I know how to do (lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clee View Post
Watch the students do it. ...
I see the students doing a lot of incorrect or less-than-optimal things in all sorts of videos. Whether or not that it something actively taught by the instructors is another matter entirely ... as is the question as to whether or not the instructors themselves are teaching the technique in question correctly.

At about 9:53 - for instance - the young woman is "doing CAR wrong", having the elbow of her strong hand raised so high as to block her peripheral vision. Both the student and the instructors seem to be using something other than a proper CAR support-hand position in some cases ... no idea why. Perhaps they've modified the technique, or it could be that they never learned it correctly in the first place (which is irritatingly common regarding CAR).

Regarding "crossing the legs", I know that Paul Castle started teaching a 90-degree fully-bladed stance early on, but later switched to a more of a 45-degree position. The 90-degree position does indeed present some real issues if you are stepping foot-over-foot ... not really the case with 45-degrees.

These subtleties and variances are among the reasons I don't consider CAR a good default technique.

I don't pretend to be an "authority." I'm just a guy who trains a lot, shoots a lot and has a perspective.

Check the ZombieTactics Channel on YouTube for all sorts of gun-related goodness CLICK HERE

Last edited by ZombieTactics; 07-13-2013 at 12:16 PM..
Old 08-26-2013, 5:55 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzar View Post
Absolutely. They released another trailer a few days ago with the full DVD release scheduled for August 2013.
Happy end of summer, fellas!
We've released the DVD and have started shipping all orders. If you're looking to take your pistol skills to the next level using Combat and Competition proven techniques*, order yours now from:

http://www.wayofthegun.us/store/

*Center Axis Relock not included
Old 08-04-2014, 3:07 PM

More bad techniques courtesy of the new TV Show Legends: tea-cupping, not a ready position, eyes looking at the ground and trigger finger hovering in the trigger area.