Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 07-04-2013, 4:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares Armor View Post
At this moment they will be handled on a case by case basis. Once the situation with our 20,000 Unit order that is late is handled and off my plate I will be modifying the refund policy to be much more liberal. We would prefer to switch product to items that we can deliver immediately. We have several different billet lowers in stock and have a steady supply of them.

I am sorry that I cannot be more liberal with it at this time. We do break our policies on refunds almost every day and issue them on a case by case. however, we have already paid for many products that we have not yet received.

I have visited this particular supplier in person. He has promised to ship by the 8th, I will give him 3 additional weeks. If he again fails to deliver at the end of this month there will be legal action taken. We have signed notarized contracts that include personal guarantees.

This is what credit card companies are for. What this company is doing is against many credit card companies policies, and most of your credit card companies will issue a refund and tell ARES to F off. Especially after you tell them you paid for a product 7 months ago, and still have not received a refund or product.

I'm assuming the "case by case basis" is referring to customers who know their rights and the laws and present that to this shady company.

You seem like you are attempting to take this company in a better direction, however, I am still seeing crappy "policies" in use. Its also hard (read: Impossible) for me to jump on board after being crapped on for 7 months.

edit- Just read the prior posts where it says you guys have fought against the credit card reversals. You my friend have balls. I now HOPE people get a class action lawsuit against this company. I'd gladly be on that list.

Last edited by Onlyincali; 07-04-2013 at 5:06 PM..
Old 07-04-2013, 5:27 PM
1911 Aficionado
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fherot View Post
I just have to chime in and say: am I the only one who gets that Ares Armor
Just wants to know who the guy is so he can look into it?

No! You have to guess, hmph.
Via email, all it takes is a name and invoice / receipt number, not a ticket system.
Old 07-04-2013, 5:34 PM

If you send an email it gets a ticket... You are correct that is the exact information we need.
Old 07-04-2013, 5:58 PM

I for one will never ever order from ares again. I dont care if there is a complete turnaround. What your company did is inexcusable and blaming suppliers for not delivering is hypocritical in your part. If you truly want to make things right you should start refunding all request regardless of reason just like any other reputable business.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:30 AM

Well I just emailed them in regards to a groupbuy problem. They clearly have a new CRM in place. I got assigned a ticket number. At least they are tracking their support issues now
Old 07-05-2013, 10:55 AM

Just a follow up ... within an hour of my email I got a phone call. They are shipping me out a frame today and are working hard to resolve the issue.

Thank you Ares Armor for the quick turn around on this! I will post a picture when the frame gets here.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Once the situation with our 20,000 Unit order that is late is handled and off my plate

I have visited this particular supplier in person. He has promised to ship by the 8th, I will give him 3 additional weeks.
Will this order fill out all the current backorders or will you still be short?
Old 07-05-2013, 12:35 PM
Banned

Old 07-05-2013, 1:10 PM

I think with everything said so far I feel the company is headed in a better direction.

I am part of GB1-1911... (i need 3 grips!) funny thing is I like most ppl in my group buy are not sure who is picking up what/sent via mail anymore? If you could post something in the GB threads that would be helpful.

I feel this isn't a reflection on the GB organizers but when your read the thread you can pick up on the drama that took place.

As with anything... talking to your customers goes a long way.

Thanks,
Old 07-05-2013, 1:32 PM
NOT BANNED..yet
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloChicken View Post
Ares Armor may find themselves in a similar position. Just because you have not been served by a class action suit does not mean it is not in the works.
Everything that has been presented here, and all email communication by soon to be plaintiffs is evidence showing less than honorable retailer-customer relationships.
A contract, verbal or otherwise, when broken is actionable - the responsibility to make it right to the customer is up to the seller. This includes a (prompt) refund if that is what the customer wants. Double talk and ongoing failed promises leave the retailer (in this case, Ares Armor) vulnerable to punitive (readunishment), damages secondary to their actions in addition to the actual damages of not producing what was promised.

Just something to think about when you delay refunds to those that have not been taken care of as promised.

Personally, I would never, ever buy anything from Ares Armor at this point, regardless of what has happened in the past. Your actions are enough for me to be forewarned.

to the customers, good luck getting your products
RIGGGGHHHHHTTTT, because suing a company for not delivering a product that you had BACKORDERED makes total and complete sense. When you ordered, you clearly knew that they would ship it when they had it, and that it might take awhile. That's like you calling up LWRC, ordering an M6A3, putting down a deposit, and then suing them because they can't deliver fast enough. FURTHERMORE, if Ares can show that under their return/refund policy that you, through your purchase agreed to, does not specify that you are entitled to a refund because of "waiting to long", than your lawsuit will get tossed out faster than you can blink. Furthermore, it will be a sad and dark day when members of California's largest and most politically affiliated gun group starts going after the companies that support it.

To Ares, I've ordered in the last, ill order plenty more again. Keep true to your original post and your business will skyrocket
/thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by njineermike View Post
Biden is only there so nobody assassinates Obama. He's like a bullet proof vest that drinks too much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by five.five-six View Post
It's right next to the part that says gays can get married and sluts get free birth control.
ΦΑ
Old 07-05-2013, 6:58 PM

I appreciate FINALLY hearing something so I won't pass judgement on that, but I would like to know what happened to the .308 lower I shelled out $$$ for (in December) only to hear the manufacturer isn't even going to start producing them until some unknown time
Old 07-05-2013, 7:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobil View Post
I for one will never ever order from ares again. I dont care if there is a complete turnaround. What your company did is inexcusable and blaming suppliers for not delivering is hypocritical in your part. If you truly want to make things right you should start refunding all request regardless of reason just like any other reputable business.
As having been through a TON of this drama from GB1, this note marks a change in ownership at Ares. The company was owned by D, then not owned by D, and now owned by D again with all the drama makers now gone. Its frankly not the same company at all and if you have been following GB1, refunds were offered to anyone who was unhappy. Publicly stated and has been backed up. I have been decidedly in the not a fan group, however Dimitri is what has always made this company and finally he has the ability to do whatever is needed to make right. You can't hold a company responsible when management changes and the new owner tries to fix things, seems well ... goofy to me. I have lost far more than anyone on this board in this roller-coaster but D has manned up both publicly and in private for all things Ares even though none of the issues were his and he was in no position to fix them. The new customer management system went in as soon as D had any power again. Old management's answer was to turn off all the phones and ignore the issue. D has everyone answering phones and as of a few minutes ago, the company has literally 4 unread/un-responded to e-mails. I know this because I am here untangling GB1. Those who know my story in all this know just how livid I should be and how bitter I should be about the company, here I am sorting the GB out and D has done awesome in every way to make up for all the bad of the past. Again, bad he did not control at all. Short of grips, he's made good on everything I had been begging for for a very long time. And the grips actually have a direction now. I think even the title of this thread shows enormous humility. Anyone else in his position would have let the company fail and started fresh. The type of man he is speaks volumes when he could have washed his hands of this mess that some one else created and instead he deals with public hate and threats because he founded this company years ago and feels that he needs to make good on promises made from a legacy he created. That's pretty cool and in this day of passing the buck, its quite rare.

If you want an AMAZING German Shepherd, I know people www.ragnarshepherds.com.
Old 07-05-2013, 7:27 PM

Frankly, with Dimitri back at the helm, I have full faith in Ares and Dimitri to get things done.
I applaud you, Dimitri, for coming here and doing this, A true measure!

Lastly, even though it really isn't any of our business, I know how hard it is juggling family and business life. I have a daughter too, they're a blessing for us daddies .

Look forward to completing our business and doing more.

Richard

The Second Amendment will always be under attack, because it is the only veto held by the people.
TTAG -Sammy-
Old 07-05-2013, 7:34 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Thanks to Dmitri for what looks like a step in the right direction. I guess we'll see. Hoping for the best, expecting less..
NRA Life Member - CRPA Life & Board Member - SAF Life Member - Monterey County Carry Initiative Sponsor
Statements posted here are the sole opinions of the author and not those
of CGN, CGF, CRPA, or any other institution or agency unless otherwise noted.
Old 07-05-2013, 7:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Banana View Post
I know this because I am here untangling GB1. Those who know my story in all this know just how livid I should be and how bitter I should be about the company, here I am sorting the GB out and D has done awesome in every way to make up for all the bad of the past.

This make me happy as well, glad your on the scene!!

The Second Amendment will always be under attack, because it is the only veto held by the people.
TTAG -Sammy-
Old 07-05-2013, 11:27 PM
Bit Pusher
CGN Contributor

Jesus Christ, stop crying. Anyone who ordered a rudius and didn't know you were paying for a product that was under development needs to get their brain checked.

Dmitri, thank you for standing up and handling the issues. Good luck with the internet lawyers.
Old 07-06-2013, 6:37 AM
Vendor/Retailer

I can attest to the drama at Ares. When I went up there to check on another group buy there were 4 guys at the counter doing.... Nothing. No phones were ringing, no frantic email answering, nothing. I was confused by that and even asked them about it but I just got the lazy stinkeye.

Looks like it will be better going forward.
Old 07-06-2013, 6:51 AM
Veteran Member

I also want to point oit that dimitri has been doing wonders helping other customers out through me too. He is really what this company needed and I am very proud he can be so humble after these experiences. Thank you dimitri!
Old 07-06-2013, 9:40 AM
Veteran Member

Guys,

We were busy cooking meat on the 4th of July. Who called and was busy working with their daughter at the shop. Dimitri.

Who was busy untangling months of laziness and arrogance this weekend till the wee hours?

Dimitri.

The company had great customer service, innovative products, a ton of cash, happy customers, and was taking a legal activist role in our community. I think they plunked down around 10k to Calguns alone. Some of the noisy ones working there who talked a big game about making things better took their shot, and crashed disastrously.

While everyone was busy price gouging, copying Ares' business model, delivering crap product and more, Ares kept prices flat, busted their rumps, took on the government in ways most of us have nightmares about, and delivered for customers right up until new management took over in January/February.

Those who publicly made false or misleading statements on behalf of Ares have left the building. We visited the shop yesterday and things are humming. The shop was full of people stuffing orders, answering phones, and taking care of customers.

To those who asked, yup...Dimitri isn't taking a paycheck.

If people need refunds, D is actively issuing them. Those who want product shipped, they are also getting product shipped or having better product delivered.

The guy who delayed our grip work for nearly a year? Gone. Manufacturing back on track and better than ever. Good riddance.
The guy who was rude to customers on the phone? Gone. Nice ladies (and gentleman) now take your calls. It is a whole fresh and competent crew.

Glad to see old management back and things getting back in order.

Signed,

The guy with the $25,000 order.
Old 07-06-2013, 1:01 PM

I would like to know what Ares plans are for build parties for the rudias. I already have my frames. I just want to know if I need to make other plans for milling, or if Ares plans on starting up build parties in the future.
Old 07-06-2013, 1:18 PM

Talking Trust advice

I am not a customer, but from what I am reading there are plenty of mad people. My advise to you that may restore your credibility would be to give out your personal phone number and promise to return all calls personally within x # of hours.

good luck
Old 07-06-2013, 1:27 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Ares Armor Customers,

For those of you who don't know who I am. My name is Dimitri and as of about two weeks ago I took back my position as the CEO and am in full control of Ares Armor. I am going to start this letter off with a promise; I will take zero compensation in the form of a paycheck, bonus or any other workaround from Ares Armor until every single order for 80% products has been completed.

I would like to personally apologize for several things that we as a company have clearly done wrong.

Our communication with our customers has been atrocious and there is absolutely no excuse for that. Being busy is not a good reason to ignore the customers that support you. This is completely inexcusable behavior. We took in far too many orders than we were set up to handle. We have fallen far behind. Bill Gates once said, "Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning." I have spent the last few nights awake scouring the internet reading every negative review I could find. There was plenty to learn.

My focus and the foremost of my attention will be directed at cleaning up our customer service. We have been making some very serious changes in the way we operate.

1. We will no longer take back orders through our website for 80% products.
2. We have set up an online live inventory system for all products that are not made to order items such as Tactical Nylon and Custom Kydex.
3. We have launched a new customer support system that will allow us to organize and respond to inquiries in a timely manner. If you want to get a hold of us please send an email to support@aresarmor.com or go to support.aresarmor.com and submit a ticket directly into our customer support system.
4. We have hired additional staff to ensure that we have someone answering the phones and returning calls.

In life, a man is judged by not only his own words and actions but by the company he keeps. Some of our partners that have acted as suppliers have been poor company indeed. We have received dates, times, quantities, and promises that have all been false. We are to blame for allowing this to happen.

We have secured alternate supply chains and will work nonstop to ensure that we fill orders as fast as we possibly can.

For those of you that have open orders with us. I will not rest until your order is filled.

Dimitri Karras, CEO
Ares Armor
It took this long for you to make these changes and admit a ****ty job? This should have been done months ago proactively. Whoever was at the helm of this operation exhibited extremely poor management and business skills.
"Then there are sheepdogs. The sheepdogs are the bastions of safety. The sheepdog lives solely to protect the flock and confront the wolf. They live for the opportunity to be called to duty to protect the innocent. The sheepdog has fangs and the propensity for violence but hopes that he will not have to resort to it. However, he lives for that day when he will be able to use his warrior skills and mindset to keep the wolf from harming the sheep."
Old 07-06-2013, 1:54 PM
Veteran Member

Its not that it took dimitri this long. HE WAS NOT INVOLVED AT ARES UP UNTIL NOW.
Old 07-06-2013, 2:24 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfifer View Post
Its not that it took dimitri this long. HE WAS NOT INVOLVED AT ARES UP UNTIL NOW.
please explain.
NRA Life Member - CRPA Life & Board Member - SAF Life Member - Monterey County Carry Initiative Sponsor
Old 07-06-2013, 2:43 PM
I need a LIFE!!

You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do - Henry Ford
Old 07-06-2013, 2:49 PM

What more needs to be explained... D was not in charge and was not running the company.

As long as D is in charge I'll give Ares another shot.
Old 07-06-2013, 2:50 PM

Quote:
Please submit a help ticket through our new system and we can try to get you taken care of.

email support@aresarmor.com or submit it directly it by going to support.aresarmor.com
I'm not one of your customers, nor will I ever be. I'm simply saying you should now deliver on what you've promised.

Old 07-06-2013, 2:52 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
please explain.
You should read before asking. It was said that Dimitri left the company for personal reason, one of them being his family. He then came back to the company to sort out the bad. He is talking about bringing back the company. I however have gotten skeptical in my age and will wait to see if he can deliver.

"Yo buddy, you still alive?" -Larry "Pixy" Foulke

Quote:
Originally Posted by FremontJames View Post
XenosAce, San Diego's finest drunk wrasslin' tranny 'snatchin security guard.
Old 07-06-2013, 2:55 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob86 View Post
What more needs to be explained... D was not in charge and was not running the company.

As long as D is in charge I'll give Ares another shot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenosAce View Post
You should read before asking. It was said that Dimitri left the company for personal reason, one of them being his family. He then came back to the company to sort out the bad. He is talking about bringing back the company. I however have gotten skeptical in my age and will wait to see if he can deliver.
perhaps you should read before replying.
i knew the answer to the question i asked.
jfifer's statement was incorrect.
dmitri was involved.
then he wasn't.
now he is again.
thanks for playing.
Old 07-07-2013, 7:57 AM

having seen a small few companies almost crashed by a few wrong people making some incredibly stupid choices behind those in charge (or say while they couldn't otherwise stop said bad choices), i have to say i can't totally blame the man apologizing to us right now. also unfortunate that they happened to help/encourage build parties along. with that being said though, talk is cheap, i'll see how this plays out as i've been meaning to order a few of their products.

on a different note, Ares:
- what is the difference between the ares mk2 comp vs the original comp aside from weight difference, less ports, and minor changes in appearnace? is it just as robust as the previous one, just as tunable (i.e. less ports = less intermediate steps in tuning), same size, etc.
- differences between the 2 new slings you have (long range vs regular mk2)?
Old 07-07-2013, 11:58 AM
CGN Contributor

Wish the OP luck in bringing Ares back.

Here I am.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
Wish the OP luck in bringing Ares back.
I agree.
Old 07-08-2013, 8:24 AM

Dimitri,
Are you guys revamping your webpage? It is out of Service.
Old 07-08-2013, 9:27 AM

Its back up!
Old 07-08-2013, 10:07 AM

Good Luck Ares Armor, this sounds like an uphill battle for sure....
Old 07-08-2013, 12:20 PM

Dmitri,

There is a certian value which can only be given to a person (man or woman) who provides a humble apology. As someone who is finishing up his BS in Aviaition Business Administration and soon to roll into an MBA program, I do applaud the business model which you are trying to instill.

If you would like to hire someone part time to help with the busniess and customer relations aspect, shoot me an IM. I live in San Diego.

As others have said, talk is cheap and though I am not (cheap that is), I am more than willing to work the hours required to help you turn the business around. Pluse it'll be fun for my MBA.

Ross

Got Zydrate?

Help, I'm having premonitions of future flashbacks.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:29 PM

when I ordered my 80% I was told up front it was back ordered. I was told it would be at least 6 months or more until I received my order. I only contacted them once and a few days later Lindy emailed me with a ship date. Sounds just like a company that got ahead of itself and suffered some management issues that Dmitri seems to want to fix. I say give the man a chance. Im sure many of you have been to a business or worked for a business that suffered from a management change and saw the downfall or degradation of the company. If he says he going to fix it let him work and fix it. If he doesnt then at least he had the chance. Send him a ticket so he knows who you are of you want a refund and let him work.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:32 PM

I got my 1911 80% as promised yesterday. He came through as he said he would. I will probably be getting a few ar lowers from them in the future.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:44 PM
Banned

Is it wierd that I'm getting swfa 1-6 group by flashbacks right now
Old 07-10-2013, 8:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinofsleep View Post

on a different note, Ares:
- what is the difference between the ares mk2 comp vs the original comp aside from weight difference, less ports, and minor changes in appearnace? is it just as robust as the previous one, just as tunable (i.e. less ports = less intermediate steps in tuning), same size, etc.
- differences between the 2 new slings you have (long range vs regular mk2)?
I didn't see anyone answer this so I will try. I do not know the answer on the sling, sorry.

As to the MK-II vs the original. The MK2 is lighter, like a TON lighter. They put in the ridges which gives more surface area...meaning more efficiency. It is also one piece ... meaning it is not stack-able like the original. It seems some customers were stacking them so much that they were getting to be contestants for the Darwin awards. I believe because of that last part that the originals are being phased out. I am a girl, so on some of my guns I will probably find the funds for an MK2 simply based on losing a pound from my guns...if you compete in something like 3 Gun, then its well worth the funds based on weight loss alone. If you are not weight constrained and live in a free state, I would grab a couple-few originals. I have not seen videos or comparisons of the both and hopefully Dimitri or someone at Ares can weigh in here. I have seen a video that for some reason has not made it to You Tube of a 90lb woman shooting full auto with an original. Full auto should have bounced her backwards several feet over the time she was shooting. Un-tuned single stacked, the gun barely fluttered and she was not pushed back at all. With a bit of tuning, the flutter would have been gone altogether.

If you want an AMAZING German Shepherd, I know people www.ragnarshepherds.com.