Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > E P Lowers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2013, 5:30 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Default E P Lowers more information

Hello everyone,

We are EP Lowers founded under EP Arms LLC in 2012 in Bakersfield, CA by me Chris Cook. I had been building and selling custom AR-15ís and gunsmithing for many years. However my dream was to market my own unique products. That is when the idea of a polymer 80% lower was formed; now after a lot of hard work that dream is a reality but Iím not stopping there. My vision is a buttstock to barrel company providing not only lowers but, hand guards, grips, magazines, and any and all accessories as well as other 80% products like AR-10 lowers and 1911 frames made from the same robust materials.

What we offer currently is an 80% completed AR-15 lower receiver unlike any other in the firearms industry. We offer the first ever 80% polymer lower available and the only 80% lower that requires no jig to complete. We are calling it the EP-80. They are made from a super strong fiber reinforced polymer. The exact composition is proprietary but this is much stronger than what is used in other polymer receivers and we did this for two reasons; first we want the best product out there; second rigidity and high strength are necessary for milling. With that said; the buffer tube area is reinforced with additional material as is the front pivot pin area. This is because there has been other lesser polymer lowers by other manufacturers that have failed in these areas. We want the costumer to be confident in our product so we beefed up those areas to meet consumer demands; although our material is much stronger than whatís been previously used. The lowers are jig less in that; the fire control pocket is dissimilar in color so itís clearly outlined what needs to be removed. In the case of the black lowers just mill out the white and leave the black area and you're done. Fire control and pivot pin areas are clearly marked for drilling. You will need a drill press and using a mill vise makes it a lot easier but that's not required. One could just drill to depth and dremel out too or for that matter the process can be finished with a dremel alone. We have been milling them on a harbor freight press and mill vise. As with standard metal lowers it will take some care and patience to complete them but can be quite novice friendly as well. Our product is made in the USA; and we offer a lifetime limited warranty.

We currently offer the only 80% polymer lower available on the market. We are working on an 80% AR-10 mold as well and we have plans to do 80% 1911 polymer frames as well as hand guards, magazines, butt stocks etc. We are working every day to bring these new products to market as well and improve our existing product. We plan on offering at least one new unique product within the year

Our product is offered online at www.eplowers.com. Also we invite folks to check us out on facebook for daily updates at www.facebook.com/EPLowers. Our product will be available at dealer locations as well and we have plans to market at gun shows very soon.

Thank you so much

Kind Regards,
Chris Cook, founder
EP Lowers
EP Arms LLC

E P Arms LLC
www.eparms.com
www.facebook.com/eplowers
Old 07-01-2013, 5:48 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPLOWERS View Post
Fire control and pivot pin areas are clearly marked for drilling. You will need a drill press and using a mill vise makes it a lot easier but that's not required.
do you have a "non-gun" determination letter from ATF allows those dimpled fire control pin holes? All the recent letters I have seen from ATF seem to prohibit the manufacturer from doing anying to locate the holes for the user.

FrontSight Training Course certificates available $25, PM for details on them and other options.
No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 07-01-2013, 5:49 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganboy View Post
I bought one and the grip screw hole area still needs to be tapped. Is that normal or did I get one that forgot to get that area finished.
the video I watched showed that that hole needed to be tapped during the finishing process.

FrontSight Training Course certificates available $25, PM for details on them and other options.
No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 07-01-2013, 5:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
the video I watched showed that that hole needed to be tapped during the finishing process.
The problem I see with that is the never mention needing a trap to finish the lower and not all of us will watch a video on something that basic enough after completing a 80% lower before. Only reason I went with ep is they have a polymer product available now.
Old 07-01-2013, 6:19 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
I bought one and the grip screw hole area still needs to be tapped. Is that normal or did I get one that forgot to get that area finished.
The screw hole for the grip handle is not threaded. It was manufactured this way so when the screw is tightened it will be at tight as possible. The guy in the video decided to go about it with a thread tapper is all.

E P Arms LLC
www.eparms.com
Old 07-01-2013, 6:21 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
do you have a "non-gun" determination letter from ATF allows those dimpled fire control pin holes? All the recent letters I have seen from ATF seem to prohibit the manufacturer from doing anying to locate the holes for the user.
We have been in constant contact with the BATFE and because of our molding process we have no pre machining. It is a built into the mold.

E P Arms LLC
www.eparms.com
Old 07-01-2013, 6:31 PM

I wouldn't personally want to drive a bolt into an non-threaded hole in polymer no matter how strong the material is. Just sounds like asking for a crack to form in the material.
Old 07-01-2013, 6:38 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
I wouldn't personally want to drive a bolt into an non-threaded hole in polymer no matter how strong the material is. Just sounds like asking for a crack to form in the material.
We have sized the hole to be set up for this type of thread and ease of installation. We do carry a limited lifetime warranty so if it was to happen we would cover a crack under warranty. Thank you for your questions and we always welcome feedback such as this.

E P Arms LLC
www.eparms.com
Old 07-01-2013, 6:40 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
We have been in constant contact with the BATFE and because of our molding process we have no pre machining. It is a built into the mold.
To add to your query. We have only set the holes in the mold slightly. They do not protrude beyond the wall thickness of the final machined pocket.

Thanks again for your questions.

E P Arms LLC
www.eparms.com
Old 07-24-2013, 1:07 PM

So do you or do you not have a Determination letter that states your lower is not a firearm?
Old 09-03-2013, 5:47 PM

Quote:
We have sized the hole to be set up for this type of thread and ease of installation. We do carry a limited lifetime warranty so if it was to happen we would cover a crack under warranty. Thank you for your questions and we always welcome feedback such as this.
Good to hear that
Old 10-07-2013, 8:49 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
even for Blemished lowers?