Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun discussions Trap, Hunting, Defense and more. A place for enthusiasts to discuss the shotgun.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:36 AM

Default Mesa Tac LEO Adapter Question...

I am currently installing a Mesa Tactical LEO Stock Adapter onto my Remington 870 Express Tactical. The stock that I purchased came with a full buffer tube kit, but I am pretty sure that I don't need to install the spring and buffer with this configuration. (The "kit" was several different products with different sets of directions for each part, none of which were particularly clear). I have little to no experience with the AR platform, so this is a bit out of my wheelhouse. I don't want to stuff unnecessary parts into this kit that are just going to add weight and rattle around. Anyone have experience with these? Do I need to install the spring and buffer, or can I just thread the buffer tube into my stock adapter, cinch down the castle nut, and call it a day?

Thanks.
Old 06-25-2013, 3:40 PM

Scroll down about 20 threads and you will find your answer. This was just asked a couple of days ago. Simple answer I no, do not install the buffer and spring.
Old 06-25-2013, 4:59 PM
Veteran Member

the spring and buffer do you no good because there's no rearward-travelling bolt carrier group to catch and return to battery. save yourself the weight.
“Keep it up, America, keep telling your youth that mud and danger are fit only for intellectual pigs. Keep on saying that only the stupid are fit to sacrifice, that America must be defended by the low-brow and enjoyed by the high-brow. Keep vaunting head over heart, and soon the head will arrive at the complete folly of any kind of fight and meekly surrender the treasure to the first bandit with enough heart to demand it.” (Robert Leckie)