Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 06-20-2013, 6:25 PM
coma13's Avatar
coma13 coma13 is offline
Übermensch
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: A farm somewhere.
Posts: 2,073
iTrader: 51 / 100%
Default

Filling up!
__________________

As in a ruin where violets grow
In moss covered fields
On cold marble stone
Love sometimes steals into a heart...
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 06-20-2013, 6:25 PM
Ism415's Avatar
Ism415 Ism415 is offline
Banned
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: One % hill
Posts: 8,130
iTrader: 63 / 100%
Default

I'm in the house!!!
__________________


I REGRET THAT THERE ARE ONLY 24 HOURS IN A DAY WITH WHICH TO WATCH MY LITTLE PONY.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 06-20-2013, 6:33 PM
calcul8's Avatar
calcul8 calcul8 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 28
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coma13 View Post
Filling up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ism415 View Post
I'm in the house!!!
Me three

If this was a private thread I'd post the pic I took... Good turnout tonight!

Sent from my Phone using Freedom
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 06-20-2013, 8:18 PM
OaklandScottie's Avatar
OaklandScottie OaklandScottie is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Oakland, duh.
Posts: 105
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Great turn out! Loved it, and am going to get all my lazy *** friends to go to the Oakland screening. Glad to see such a diverse crowd out watching it instead of the NBA finals or the Giants game...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 06-20-2013, 8:36 PM
db.40's Avatar
db.40 db.40 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 129
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcul8 View Post
Me three

If this was a private thread I'd post the pic I took... Good turnout tonight!

Sent from my Phone using Freedom
Saw u taking the pic. Pretty decent turn out. Great job kris and team. Now lets get it to DVD so I can buy it and show it to all friends and family!

Edit: ice-t's comment during the credits was hilarious
__________________
“The totalitarian states can do great things, but there is one thing they cannot do: they cannot give the factory-worker a rifle and tell him to take it home and keep it in his bedroom. That rifle, hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or laborer’s cottage, is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

Last edited by db.40; 06-20-2013 at 8:38 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 06-20-2013, 8:46 PM
coma13's Avatar
coma13 coma13 is offline
Übermensch
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: A farm somewhere.
Posts: 2,073
iTrader: 51 / 100%
Default

I was impressed by the movie. I hope they can pick up some more showings, I'd love to bring more people.
__________________

As in a ruin where violets grow
In moss covered fields
On cold marble stone
Love sometimes steals into a heart...
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 06-20-2013, 8:51 PM
ShooterDoc ShooterDoc is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 14
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Really enjoyed that! Now how do we get the sheeple masses to watch?
The scene of that poor elderly lady being slammed against the wall was heart breaking.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 06-20-2013, 9:36 PM
Bsandoc40's Avatar
Bsandoc40 Bsandoc40 is offline
CGSSA Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Norcal
Posts: 2,411
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Great turn out. I was running late as my girlfriend couldn't figure out what to wear..

Wonderful film. Took my girlfriend in the attempt to show her what we, calguns, have known for the start. I think she now fully understand why I feel so strongly about our rights.

Sorry I couldn't have talked to more people at the screening... Honestly, it was pretty intimidating to know that the people at the theater are as dedicated, or more so, as I am about guns and our rights. Also, I knew if I got to talking to some of you folks... I would have totally ignored the fact the "little lady" was with me..

San Francisco, and the Bay Area in general, isn't all "anti-gun" liberals. Tonight showed that there are many of us here...
__________________

Auto-Ordnance 1911-A1 .45 ACP
Česká Zbrojovka CZ-75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm
Heckler & Koch VP9 9mm
Kimber 1911 "Raptor II" .45 ACP
Remington 870 Tactical Express 12gauge
Sig Sauer P226 MK25 Navy 9mm
Springfield Armory 1911 "MC Operator" .45 ACP
Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 06-20-2013, 9:46 PM
Ism415's Avatar
Ism415 Ism415 is offline
Banned
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: One % hill
Posts: 8,130
iTrader: 63 / 100%
Default

That was such a great time. Some parts got my blood boiling that's for sure
__________________


I REGRET THAT THERE ARE ONLY 24 HOURS IN A DAY WITH WHICH TO WATCH MY LITTLE PONY.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 06-20-2013, 9:47 PM
Syna Syna is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 8
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Cool to see other pro-2nd amendment cal gunners! It was great that Top Shot's Chris Cheng came to the SF showing, too!
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 06-20-2013, 9:58 PM
5.6mm_Gw_Pat_90's Avatar
5.6mm_Gw_Pat_90 5.6mm_Gw_Pat_90 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 68
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I'm surprised at how many people turned up.

I met one Calgunner at the lobby asking if there was a way to get in since he didn't have a ticket. If that's you and you're reading this, I'm sorry I couldn't do more to help and I hope you did get into the theater without much of a hitch.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 06-20-2013, 10:50 PM
Swiss's Avatar
Swiss Swiss is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Contra Costa
Posts: 797
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

There's an Oakland show? You mean my wife and I and two friends spent 1-1/2 hours in a historic backup to cross the Bay Bridge from Oakland and now I learn there's a goddamn Oakland show???
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 06-20-2013, 11:14 PM
calcul8's Avatar
calcul8 calcul8 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 28
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by db.40 View Post
Saw u taking the pic. Pretty decent turn out. Great job kris and team. Now lets get it to DVD so I can buy it and show it to all friends and family!

Edit: ice-t's comment during the credits was hilarious
And now you know who calcul8 is

Fellow Calgunner wanted to know how the turnout was since he wasn't going to be able to make it so I snapped the pic for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooterDoc View Post
Really enjoyed that! Now how do we get the sheeple masses to watch?
The scene of that poor elderly lady being slammed against the wall was heart breaking.
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsandoc40 View Post
Great turn out. I was running late as my girlfriend couldn't figure out what to wear..

Wonderful film. Took my girlfriend in the attempt to show her what we, calguns, have known for the start. I think she now fully understand why I feel so strongly about our rights.

Sorry I couldn't have talked to more people at the screening... Honestly, it was pretty intimidating to know that the people at the theater are as dedicated, or more so, as I am about guns and our rights. Also, I knew if I got to talking to some of you folks... I would have totally ignored the fact the "little lady" was with me..

San Francisco, and the Bay Area in general, isn't all "anti-gun" liberals. Tonight showed that there are many of us here...
I feel bad that I didn't stay to chat, but me=shy and not so good with meeting people, especially large groups of new folks. Then again... we're all there for the same cause so it's not like there wouldn't be anything to talk about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ism415 View Post
That was such a great time. Some parts got my blood boiling that's for sure
Agree x infinite %

Last edited by calcul8; 06-20-2013 at 11:19 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 06-20-2013, 11:47 PM
Bsandoc40's Avatar
Bsandoc40 Bsandoc40 is offline
CGSSA Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Norcal
Posts: 2,411
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss View Post
There's an Oakland show? You mean my wife and I and two friends spent 1-1/2 hours in a historic backup to cross the Bay Bridge from Oakland and now I learn there's a goddamn Oakland show???
The Oakland screening was setup really late... Not sure it got close to the minimum reserved tickets to secure an actual screening.
__________________

Auto-Ordnance 1911-A1 .45 ACP
Česká Zbrojovka CZ-75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm
Heckler & Koch VP9 9mm
Kimber 1911 "Raptor II" .45 ACP
Remington 870 Tactical Express 12gauge
Sig Sauer P226 MK25 Navy 9mm
Springfield Armory 1911 "MC Operator" .45 ACP
Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 06-20-2013, 11:52 PM
Bsandoc40's Avatar
Bsandoc40 Bsandoc40 is offline
CGSSA Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Norcal
Posts: 2,411
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

For those that couldn't make it tonight...

Folks have been trying to get the film on Netflix/Amazon...

https://www.change.org/petitions/bri...lix-and-amazon

Sign the petition... takes a few seconds. Trust me, if you guys get a chance to watch the film on Netflix. It is worth the few seconds to sign the petition. Watching the film on Netflix while cleaning your guns... sounds like a good night spent!!!
__________________

Auto-Ordnance 1911-A1 .45 ACP
Česká Zbrojovka CZ-75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm
Heckler & Koch VP9 9mm
Kimber 1911 "Raptor II" .45 ACP
Remington 870 Tactical Express 12gauge
Sig Sauer P226 MK25 Navy 9mm
Springfield Armory 1911 "MC Operator" .45 ACP
Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 06-21-2013, 1:04 PM
jdberger's Avatar
jdberger jdberger is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,934
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

There will be an Oakland screening early next month. I'll be there. I'll also be bringing at least 3 non-gun people. This is a great way for folks to explain to their friends why they are so passionate about gun rights. They watch this and suddenly, they "get it".

Link to the Oakland screening.
__________________
Rest in Peace - Andrew Breitbart. A true student of Alinsky.

90% of winning is simply showing up.

"Let's not lose sight of how much we reduced our carbon footprint by telecommuting this protest." 383green


NRA Benefactor Member

Last edited by jdberger; 06-21-2013 at 1:27 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 06-21-2013, 1:11 PM
jdberger's Avatar
jdberger jdberger is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,934
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsandoc40 View Post
For those that couldn't make it tonight...

Folks have been trying to get the film on Netflix/Amazon...

https://www.change.org/petitions/bri...lix-and-amazon

Sign the petition... takes a few seconds. Trust me, if you guys get a chance to watch the film on Netflix. It is worth the few seconds to sign the petition. Watching the film on Netflix while cleaning your guns... sounds like a good night spent!!!

Actually it's more important to get people into theaters now.

Though some will convince friends and family to come over for a fun evening and watch a gun documentary (I'm imagining my wife rolling her eyes as I'm typing this), it's more likely that the folks watching this at home will be the already converted.

Take a non-gunny to a show where they can be captivated by the message displayed on a giant screen.
__________________
Rest in Peace - Andrew Breitbart. A true student of Alinsky.

90% of winning is simply showing up.

"Let's not lose sight of how much we reduced our carbon footprint by telecommuting this protest." 383green


NRA Benefactor Member
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 8:35 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.