Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-18-2013, 1:30 PM
SilverK20A3 SilverK20A3 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 99
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default Semi-serious question: Is a fear of death by lack of gun laws a valid reason?

I know this sounds ridiculous, but when applying for a LTC, how's this for a reason:

I need a LTC because my life is in immediate danger due to the lack of stringent gun laws. I genuinely fear the availability of bullet buttons and off roster handguns on California streets. These must be legitimate public safety hazards! Otherwise, why are legislators fighting to close these loopholes? In the mean time, I need a means to protect myself from imminent danger due to the availability of firearms with these features.

Micro stamping, the mag cap limit, and safe the handgun roster are not doing enough to protect my life. I am in mortal danger with the definite possibility of death by extremely potent assault weapons. Therefore, please grant me a LTC!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-18-2013, 1:51 PM
jdben92883 jdben92883 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Corona
Posts: 2,884
iTrader: 154 / 100%
Default

Go ahead and use that as your good cause and you'll get a non-semi rejection.
__________________
NRA Benefactor Member
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-18-2013, 2:55 PM
Simi-Surfer's Avatar
Simi-Surfer Simi-Surfer is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ventura Co
Posts: 719
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Not sure that will do it.
__________________
"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" [Matt 28:19]

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-18-2013, 5:53 PM
SilverK20A3 SilverK20A3 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 99
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Just trying to make a satirical (comical?) point using CA gun laws, haha.

"Non-semi rejection." Good one! Heh.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-18-2013, 6:15 PM
Simi-Surfer's Avatar
Simi-Surfer Simi-Surfer is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ventura Co
Posts: 719
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Sure
__________________
"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" [Matt 28:19]

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-18-2013, 7:55 PM
thesav's Avatar
thesav thesav is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 160
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

It works in San Fran. At least that's what Dianne told me she uses when she renews hers...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-18-2013, 9:59 PM
ArcherDog ArcherDog is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 803
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

You justified them telling you to keep 911 preprogrammed in your phone for protection....no LTC needed.
__________________
Ian Lindsay
Tracy, CA
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-18-2013, 10:46 PM
bohoki's Avatar
bohoki bohoki is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: 95492
Posts: 17,943
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

how is that any different than everybody else

and if you claim phobia they will just say you are not mentally stable
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-19-2013, 12:09 AM
anbu_yoshi's Avatar
anbu_yoshi anbu_yoshi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 1,509
iTrader: 62 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverK20A3 View Post
I know this sounds ridiculous, but when applying for a LTC, how's this for a reason:

I need a LTC because my life is in immediate danger due to the lack of stringent gun laws. I genuinely fear the availability of bullet buttons and off roster handguns on California streets. These must be legitimate public safety hazards! Otherwise, why are legislators fighting to close these loopholes? In the mean time, I need a means to protect myself from imminent danger due to the availability of firearms with these features.

Micro stamping, the mag cap limit, and safe the handgun roster are not doing enough to protect my life. I am in mortal danger with the definite possibility of death by extremely potent assault weapons. Therefore, please grant me a LTC!
Your board name suggests that you are a fan of silver hondas. Specifically the 160hp base K20A3 powered base model RSX or hatchback civic si from that same era.

Conclusion... You sir are trolling.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-19-2013, 1:04 AM
SonofWWIIDI's Avatar
SonofWWIIDI SonofWWIIDI is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Santa Clara county
Posts: 18,734
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Hahaha! Good one! That's like saying I need to drive drunk because I might get hit and killed by a drunk driver since we don't have enough laws to prevent drunk driving!

Last edited by SonofWWIIDI; 06-19-2013 at 4:08 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-19-2013, 8:29 AM
bohoki's Avatar
bohoki bohoki is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: 95492
Posts: 17,943
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofWWIIDI View Post
Hahaha! Good one! That's like saying I need to drive drunk because I might get hit and killed by a drunk driver since we don't have enough laws to prevent drunk driving!
that doesn't make any sense
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-19-2013, 8:38 AM
therealnickb's Avatar
therealnickb therealnickb is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,428
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverK20A3 View Post
I know this sounds ridiculous,

Therefore, please grant me a LTC!
When you begin as you did, the answer will be no. JMO.
__________________


"I've heard this is a good read. I'm mean, I haven't read it myself but many very smart people said it's a good read. Believe me, many people are saying it....."
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-19-2013, 3:32 PM
Dvrjon Dvrjon is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,312
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealnickb View Post
When you begin as you did, the answer will be no. JMO.
Phrase it any other way...the answer is still "No".

JR
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-19-2013, 4:44 PM
SonofWWIIDI's Avatar
SonofWWIIDI SonofWWIIDI is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Santa Clara county
Posts: 18,734
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohoki View Post
that doesn't make any sense
Much like the original post (not the original post-er).

Carrying a gun because you are worried that there are not enough laws preventing the carrying of a gun.

And, statistics (which you may feel free to look up yourself) show that drunk people more frenquently survive otherwise fatal car wrecks than sober people.

And no, I am not advocating driving drunk.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-19-2013, 5:38 PM
anbu_yoshi's Avatar
anbu_yoshi anbu_yoshi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 1,509
iTrader: 62 / 100%
Default

I think the better example would be:

"I need clearance to obtain a fighter jet because I feel that I need to be able to protect myself in case of a fighter jet attack. This is only because of the growing number of fighter jets being built."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 6:46 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.