Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 06-13-2013, 11:05 PM

Default Does it have to be ON my person?

I have had my LTC for nearly two years and have wondered this, and even emailed Amber Wong @ SSD without reply.

Nowhere does it state that the weapon has to be on my person. "In immediate control" is something I've heard before. This is relative and subjective. A guy I know says, "If I'm driving, sometimes I will put my Glock (in holster) between the driver seat and center console." "I also put it in a Serpa holster (trigger covered) in the handlebar pouch, covered with a blanket or towel, on my baby stroller when jogging." Apparently jogging shorts dont mix with a heavy weapon.

Anyone have any experience with this?
Old 06-13-2013, 11:14 PM
Calguns Addict

It doesn't have to be on you.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicdude View Post
I have had my LTC for nearly two years and have wondered this, and even emailed Amber Wong @ SSD without reply.

Nowhere does it state that the weapon has to be on my person. "In immediate control" is something I've heard before. This is relative and subjective. A guy I know says, "If I'm driving, sometimes I will put my Glock (in holster) between the driver seat and center console." "I also put it in a Serpa holster (trigger covered) in the handlebar pouch, covered with a blanket or towel, on my baby stroller when jogging." Apparently jogging shorts dont mix with a heavy weapon.

Anyone have any experience with this?
As long it is in your immediate control and it is concealed you are good to go.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:53 PM

Or, my friend is

Thanks guys
Old 06-14-2013, 2:35 PM

Think of it as if stored in a purse, backpack, or satchel for some men. Technically not on them, but in their control.
Old 06-18-2013, 8:27 AM
Banned

A LTC does not give you any rights, it exempts you from some prohibitions in the penal code.

Common sense aside, you can have your loaded permitted gun anywhere in a vehicle no matter who else is in the car, and whether or not you are in the car, because "control and direction" applies to the vehicle not the gun. I don't know if this also applies to bicycles, little red wagons, or wheelbarrows.

Theoretically, unless you give your keys to a valet, you can park at Park and ride, lock the car, take a round the world trip, come back 6 months later, having left your loaded permitted gun under the seat, and not have broken the law.

Like I said, common sense should always apply. Not rights, exceptions.