Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 2:48 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBrebel View Post
Americans are arrested for all kinds of retarded violations of 'law'. Most of us will continue doing what we want and trying not to get caught by the gun toting thugs who serve the State. Some of us just love to comply with these laws and get a purring kitty feeling when we obey the master.
^^^^^
THIS

But ya gotta be smart about it!
To keep it you must give it

"I will talk with you no more.
I will go now, and fight you."
(Red Cloud)
Old 06-13-2013, 2:56 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.1904 View Post
Again. I plead to possession of a concealed weapon, possession of a high capacity magazine, simple possession of marijuana, and possession of marijuana paraphernalia.

No felonys. No probation.

30 hours community service, taking of a basic handgun safety course. And a $200 fine.
Did they confiscate the magazine?

And thanks or posting, you may have saves another formerly clueless person here a worse fate.
To keep it you must give it

"I will talk with you no more.
I will go now, and fight you."
(Red Cloud)
Old 06-13-2013, 3:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by taperxz View Post
In this example, the OP would have admit to doing so.
Which he de-facto did, by pleading guilty.
Old 06-13-2013, 4:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
Which he de-facto did, by pleading guilty.
Not if the charges were mis-represented by both the court and his counsel. He needs to get another lawyer.
Old 06-13-2013, 5:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Not if the charges were mis-represented by both the court and his counsel.
Absolutely. I think we don't disagree, but we're talking about different things. You probably wanted to say the following: The best way for the prosecutor to get evidence that he actually did illegally import a high-cap mag, or manufacture one from a rebuild kit, would have been for him to admit that during an interview. What I was saying is that he did admit that committed whatever crime he thought was charged with (say for example PC 32310, perhaps not correctly interpreted by him) when he pleaded guilty. Those two statements are likely both correct.
Old 06-13-2013, 5:34 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

A mind is a Terrible thing to waste and just say no to drugs. ....

“Silence makes cowards out of the best of men” –Abraham Lincoln

Wounded Knee is the prime example of why the Second Amendment exists, and why we shouldn’t be in such a hurry to surrender our Right to Bear Arms. Without the Second Amendment we have no way to defend ourselves and our families.
Old 06-13-2013, 8:14 PM
Calguns Addict

Hey OP, as I said you should really look into SB755. I think it would affect you if passed, so the more time to prepare the better. Best of luck to you, and thanks for posting.
Old 06-13-2013, 8:57 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meplat View Post
Did they confiscate the magazine?

And thanks or posting, you may have saves another formerly clueless person here a worse fate.
Absolutely. They confiscated the pistol also. Buuuuuuut didnt give me any sort of receipt? The second i go to court to show i met the requirements i'm gonna file the paperwork to get the gun released and we're gonna see what happens.
"Then there are sheepdogs. The sheepdogs are the bastions of safety. The sheepdog lives solely to protect the flock and confront the wolf. They live for the opportunity to be called to duty to protect the innocent. The sheepdog has fangs and the propensity for violence but hopes that he will not have to resort to it. However, he lives for that day when he will be able to use his warrior skills and mindset to keep the wolf from harming the sheep."
Old 06-13-2013, 8:57 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertjosh View Post
Hey OP, as I said you should really look into SB755. I think it would affect you if passed, so the more time to prepare the better. Best of luck to you, and thanks for posting.
Will do buddy. Thank you
"Then there are sheepdogs. The sheepdogs are the bastions of safety. The sheepdog lives solely to protect the flock and confront the wolf. They live for the opportunity to be called to duty to protect the innocent. The sheepdog has fangs and the propensity for violence but hopes that he will not have to resort to it. However, he lives for that day when he will be able to use his warrior skills and mindset to keep the wolf from harming the sheep."
Old 06-13-2013, 9:05 PM

If you are spot smoker you should have any guns

Jmho
Old 06-13-2013, 9:08 PM
Just me, baby. Just me.
CGN Contributor

^ Must be high...
Old 06-13-2013, 9:12 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Not if the charges were mis-represented by both the court and his counsel. He needs to get another lawyer.
I agree. It's just a question of dollars and not having enough of them. I'm gonna start fishing around though. The problem is the general public is so clueless and ignorant when it comes to gun rights and law. I was seemingly the only one who had actually read the PC for standard capacity magazines. They charged me with the definition(?) of a high capacity magazine in CA. Maybe when i go to get everything signed off and dismissed they'll realize the mistake?
Old 06-13-2013, 9:17 PM
Calguns Addict

Gotta love how many people are content, and even happy, that the government is treating the right to keep and bear arms as a privilege that only "special" people get to exercise.

Who gives a crap whether it's a military base or not? Your rights, when they're rights, don't end at some arbitrary line the government draws.

You guys who are happy with all this just suck, and suck hard.
The Constitution is not "the Supreme Law of the Land, except in the face of contradicting law which has not yet been overturned by the courts". It is THE SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND, PERIOD. Your oath to uphold the Constitution is a joke unless you refuse to enforce unadjudicated laws you believe are Unconstitutional.

The real world laughs at optimism. And here's why.

I hope I end up having to donate another $1000 to CGF... However, this $500 is one I hope to not have to donate...
Old 06-13-2013, 9:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
I agree. It's just a question of dollars and not having enough of them. I'm gonna start fishing around though. The problem is the general public is so clueless and ignorant when it comes to gun rights and law. I was seemingly the only one who had actually read the PC for standard capacity magazines. They charged me with the definition(?) of a high capacity magazine in CA. Maybe when i go to get everything signed off and dismissed they'll realize the mistake?
If you were worried about money you should have thought about that prior to open carrying and having weed in the car.

Do you realize that with the combination of convictions you have that you may lose your gun rights?
Old 06-13-2013, 10:23 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by swat View Post

Jmho
Wat
Old 06-13-2013, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
stop trying to be clever:

handgun is a G26
OP is in his early 20's
Age means nothing, if they were alive on jan 1 2000. My son is 15 and has magazines. I've wondered about firearms on Miramar, I know the navy bases have big signs out front, but no such signs on Miramar. I'll keep that in mind.

Mark

Last edited by markw; 06-13-2013 at 10:54 PM..
Old 06-13-2013, 10:59 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by swat View Post

Jmho

i totally agree, pot smokers should have any guns they want.

well um... said

More armed citizens = Quicker response times, less victims.
Less armed citizens = more victims

Guns should only be surrendered one bullet at a time.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:29 PM

,an bet you needed the pot after all that lol. But anyways god story to share. Thanks
Old 06-14-2013, 6:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snafoo View Post
I think next time, when you find pot in a car, it means: skip work and smoke pot all day today.

That'll save you from the whole ordeal next time. You might end up buying 5 gallons of ice cream though.
hahaha
Best response yet.
Old 06-14-2013, 9:31 AM

Camp Pendalton has a firing range open to civlians for a fee. If the MP could explain to me how no civis can bring guns onto base, yet there is a range on base open to the public if you are a member of the range ???
Old 06-14-2013, 9:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Absolutely. They confiscated the pistol also. Buuuuuuut didnt give me any sort of receipt? The second i go to court to show i met the requirements i'm gonna file the paperwork to get the gun released and we're gonna see what happens.
Magazines are just property but you should have paperwork for the serialized weapon.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:56 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baboosh View Post
Don't take the negativity the wrong way OP. Were you an idiot? Hands down Yea.

But you did something 95% of people wouldn't do and that is man up and post it here.
Quote:
Seriously?

This kid is 24 and been on the forums for some time. He's not some 18 year old who borrowed someone's car and got stuck in a situation. It's obvious he should not own firearms as he is not mature or level headed enough.

But yea lets defend him and attack other people.
Quote:
No offense OP but you're an idiot. You knowingly drove a car with drugs in it. On top of this you drove to a security check point with a gun.....

I hope your gun rights are taken away so you don't do anything that hinders all of us.
I can't fathom how the OP would take the negativity of your comments the wrong way.
Old 06-14-2013, 4:38 PM

First, let me say I'm a reserve deputy that works on a military base (three guesses).

Anyone can bring firearms onto the base, as long as you tell the gate guards, in fact we do CCW testing on the base. So that's not the problem.

Here's what actually happened to the OP (if his story is correct): they found the marijuana and decided they were going to do something about it because you were an employee. As another poster stated, they're bound by state laws in this situation. They also know that if they call the SDPD to come give you a citation based on that, SDPD will tell them they'll be there, oh, next week some time. That's why you weren't going to jail on that charge.

On the concealed weapon charge, same issue, so they give you a ticket for that. As far as the magazine charge goes, some JAG officer was just trying to pad his stats, and really didn't know what the law was.

All told, you got a $200 fine and community service for bringing MJ on the base. Not a bad outcome from your point of view.
Old 06-14-2013, 5:46 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Yes; I pleaded that I am guilty of being a high cap magazine.
Old 06-15-2013, 8:17 AM
I need a LIFE!!

He is lucky it was not much worse. Next time check your vehicle for your pot head friend's debris before going on a military installation.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:43 AM

Thanks for sharing Mr.1904. I wish you the best, and I am glad that you didn't get "the book thrown at you"!
Old 06-15-2013, 1:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simi-Surfer View Post
really?

Driving with no insurance - isn't that against the law?
Drug possession - isn't that illegal too?
Weapon not locked up properly? - is this legal?
Isn't the base on Federal Property? can you legally bring them on base?

And you think that there was some injustice done to you?
every last one of those laws are unjust. So yes, I would agree that an injustice was done. but even if all those laws were awesome, possession of standard capacity magazine is without a doubt not illegal and to be charged with that (and probably property confiscated) is an absolute injustice.

It is sad that so many NRA members think these laws are just or that people convicted under them are getting what they deserve.
Old 06-15-2013, 1:18 PM

Quote:
No offense OP but you're an idiot. You knowingly drove a car with drugs in it. On top of this you drove to a security check point with a gun.....

I hope your gun rights are taken away so you don't do anything that hinders all of us.
I hope your gun rights are taken away just so you get a taste of your own medicine.
Old 06-15-2013, 1:20 PM

Quote:
Yea attack me and defend someone who paints gun owners as idiots.

I have zero sympathy for him.
attack all those who attack our rights.

you want someones god given rights revoked because you think he makes you look bad? you make yourself look bad.
Old 06-15-2013, 1:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hossb7 View Post
Good job insulting the intelligence of someone who DIDN'T drive on to a military base with possession of drugs and a gun.
but he did advocate for the revocation of ones god given rights which is a lot worse than "possession" of anything.
Old 06-15-2013, 2:01 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnewton View Post
but he did advocate for the revocation of ones god given rights which is a lot worse than "possession" of anything.
I doubt God cares about his or your gun "rights". Someone who is not responsible shouldn't have a gun. Someone who gets high on weed, shouldn't have a gun with him when he's getting high (or maybe at all, but whatever). Just like drinking and driving are a bad combo, if you can't own a gun in a responsible manner, you shouldn't have one. I hope he looses his gun rights honestly, if just for a while, till he shows more ability to be responsible. This guy makes gun owners and calgunners (since he has been on here for a long time) look bad... that reflects unfortunately on us all, and not in a good way.

If you don't like the price of something I am selling please feel free to move along... The market, not you, will determine what it's worth. Thanks!
Old 06-15-2013, 2:13 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshinoro2007 View Post
I doubt God cares about his or your gun "rights". Someone who is not responsible shouldn't have a gun.
Nor should they have an automobile, a baseball bat, a screwdriver, a knife, or anything else that they could possibly use to bring harm to another, even if only by accident.

Right?

Quote:
Someone who gets high on weed, shouldn't have a gun with him when he's getting high (or maybe at all, but whatever). Just like drinking and driving are a bad combo, if you can't own a gun in a responsible manner, you shouldn't have one. I hope he looses his gun rights honestly, if just for a while, till he shows more ability to be responsible.
Then you must also hope that he loses his driver's license.

Why don't you also advocate that he be stuck into a mental institution for a period of time? Until, of course, he shows more ability to be responsible.

Quote:
This guy makes gun owners and calgunners (since he has been on here for a long time) look bad... that reflects unfortunately on us all, and not in a good way.
I don't give a crap how someone makes us look, at least when it comes to whether or not that person holds onto his rights. Which is to say, I may not be happy about how an individual makes us look, but that is not justification for advocating that he lose his rights!

You obviously don't even know what rights are. Maybe you should lose your right to speak until you do, because you can't speak responsibly about rights until you really know what they are. How would you like that?

To protect liberty properly means penalizing people only for actions with significant negative, direct, and REAL consequences to others. Anything else means behaving like an authoritarian state, and I, for one, will never get behind that.
The Constitution is not "the Supreme Law of the Land, except in the face of contradicting law which has not yet been overturned by the courts". It is THE SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND, PERIOD. Your oath to uphold the Constitution is a joke unless you refuse to enforce unadjudicated laws you believe are Unconstitutional.

I hope I end up having to donate another $1000 to CGF... However, this $500 is one I hope to not have to donate...

Last edited by kcbrown; 06-15-2013 at 2:17 PM..
Old 06-15-2013, 2:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbrown View Post
Nor should they have an automobile, a baseball bat, a screwdriver, a knife, or anything else that they could possibly use to bring harm to another, even if only by accident.

Right?

Then you must also hope that he loses his driver's license.

Why don't you also advocate that he be stuck into a mental institution for a period of time? Until, of course, he shows more ability to be responsible.

I don't give a crap how someone makes us look, at least when it comes to whether or not that person holds onto his rights.

You obviously don't even know what rights are. Maybe you should lose your right to speak until you do, because you can't speak responsibly about rights until you really know what they are. How would you like that?

Ok, sure. This guy was illegally carrying concealed (I don't disagree that the laws in CA are ridiculous and LTC is essentially not attainable, however it is the law of the land, like it or not); carrying concealed on a MILITARY BASE no less. Weed in the car (sure, it was his friends...got it). The standard capacity mag to me was the least important thing, depending on how and when he acquired it, maybe not illegal. There has to be some level of intelligence for certain things, like driving (often unmet in LA), and shooting/owning guns. What we set that level as, can be debated.

You mad?

If you don't like the price of something I am selling please feel free to move along... The market, not you, will determine what it's worth. Thanks!
Old 06-15-2013, 2:25 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Ok, sure. This guy was illegally carrying concealed (I don't disagree that the laws in CA are ridiculous and LTC is essentially not attainable, however it is the law of the land, like it or not); carrying concealed on a MILITARY BASE no less.
And what, pray tell, makes a military base so special that people shouldn't be carrying there?

This should be interesting.

Quote:
Weed in the car (sure, it was his friends...got it).
Which harms ... who, exactly?

Quote:
The standard capacity mag to me was the least important thing, depending on how and when he acquired it, maybe not illegal. There has to be some level of intelligence for certain things, like driving (often unmet in LA), and shooting/owning guns. What we set that level as, can be debated.

You mad?
Legality isn't the issue here. You are essentially advocating that someone lose their rights for actions which harm nobody. That makes it clear that you are not a real supporter of liberty, that you prefer authoritarianism, probably authoritarianism that puts you towards the top (what a surprise!)...

Last edited by kcbrown; 06-15-2013 at 2:30 PM..
Old 06-15-2013, 2:29 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
There has to be some level of intelligence for certain things, like driving (often unmet in LA), and shooting/owning guns. What we set that level as, can be debated.
Ah, another supporter of literacy tests for voting, I see...

Also someone who is in favor of punishing people for things they might do instead of things they actually do.

You realize you're just digging yourself deeper into the ground here, right?

Old 06-15-2013, 2:54 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbrown View Post
Ah, another supporter of literacy tests for voting, I see...

Also someone who is in favor of punishing people for things they might do instead of things they actually do.

You realize you're just digging yourself deeper into the ground here, right?
Not really, since I don't care what you or anyone else thinks about what I'm saying. I did learn something though, that I'd rather never read your posts again, thus... welcome to my ignore list. You seem like a really angry person, good luck with that.

Old 06-15-2013, 3:29 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Not really, since I don't care what you or anyone else thinks about what I'm saying. I did learn something though, that I'd rather never read your posts again, thus... welcome to my ignore list. You seem like a really angry person, good luck with that.
A shame you won't see this response, but others will. So be it.

If you don't even care about what others think of what you say, then how can you learn from their responses to your comments? That seems a bit closed-minded. But hey, it's your loss.

As to being angry, I only get angry on the forums when I see others advocating an authoritarian position on a forum composed of people who will lose everything they hold dear if that authoritarian position actually comes to fruition. I am a defender of liberty. You're damned right I'm going to get angry when I see someone advocating against it here, of all places, most especially if they're someone who, like you, should know better. For by advocating against liberty of others, you endanger your own liberty. As an NRA member and a gun owner, you are already on thin ice as regards liberty (as are we all), which makes it all the more surprising that you would advocate against liberty in the way you have. You really need to drop back and reconsider your position.

Last edited by kcbrown; 06-15-2013 at 3:35 PM..
Old 06-15-2013, 3:30 PM

Quote:
I doubt God cares about his or your gun "rights". Someone who is not responsible shouldn't have a gun. Someone who gets high on weed, shouldn't have a gun with him when he's getting high (or maybe at all, but whatever). Just like drinking and driving are a bad combo, if you can't own a gun in a responsible manner, you shouldn't have one. I hope he looses his gun rights honestly, if just for a while, till he shows more ability to be responsible. This guy makes gun owners and calgunners (since he has been on here for a long time) look bad... that reflects unfortunately on us all, and not in a good way.
I do not care what you think God cares about. We are endowed by our Creator with certain inalienable rights weather you like it or not.
Old 06-15-2013, 3:38 PM

Apparently the big victim of possession of a flower and keeping and bearing arms without a permission slip is kenshinoro2007, Simi-Surfer, Baboosh and hossb7 and everyone should lose their rights because of their now tarnished reputation. Oh sorry for having victimized thee.
Old 06-15-2013, 3:42 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnewton View Post
I do not care what you think God cares about. We are endowed by our Creator with certain inalienable rights weather you like it or not.
show me in the bible where it talks about your gun rights. stop talking nonsense, you're embarrassingly dumb. Sorry not everyone on here agrees with you or will defend the OP. I still don't believe large parts of the whole story, but that's a different topic.

Closed Thread