Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 06-12-2013, 2:19 PM

Default Supporting/ launching/converting a celebrity

Winning a mainstream entertainer

We've vilified the entertainment industry as a whole and rightly so.

We have an occasional windows of opportunity to turn one who's sitting the fence.

As a community, we have the power to launch an entertainer and protect them from Hollywood or the music industry.

Look what happened when we blacklisted Staples.

We can do something in the positive side. Additionally, how about adding celebrities to the NRA that are mainstream outside our demographics.

The gun community is also very diverse.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. You don't have to agree with their philosophy, behavior, lifestyle but you can avoid alienation. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Gun owners tend to be conservative but there are also a lot of one issue voters.

We have to ask them not to drink the Kool-Aid or spread it.

I think we can identify most of our enemies when a person says, "common sense." That phrase is no longer valid.

A celebrity has to be checked for background and if they have an extreme lifestyle or behavior.

Food for thought.

"Let them hate so long as they fear."
Old 06-12-2013, 2:43 PM
Veteran Member

I want whatever ^^^^^ is having!
Old 06-12-2013, 3:21 PM
Banned

It would be easy to have country singers support the 2A.

People out of hollywierd.... Nope. Not gonna happen.

Consider that George Lucas... you know... that guy that did the Star Wars series along with many, many many hit movies... is rumored, and ONLY RUMORED to be the largest gun collector in all of komifornia. A decent part of rumored to be *HIS* collection was actually on display at the NRA museum awhile back....

I saw a picture of him along with someone else related to the first star wars movie shooting trap.

This is one of the biggest most successfull names in hollywood.... and he doesnt pubicly state his personal beliefs.

Low 'a list' or any 'b list' star, and even top stars have a hard time risking being 'blacklisted' by hollywood for being pro gun.

Thats a very short list of people that have publicly done so. Angelina Jolie, and she stated Brad Pitt are gun owners, I dont think he publicly stated so, but a lot of people know that a *CONVICTED FELON* actor has a CCW... that mark wallberg guy...

So... in short.

Country stars, yep easy.

hellywood.... nope. not gonna happen.
Old 06-12-2013, 5:23 PM

I bring this up after I read an article on guns.com concerning a comment that Katee Sackhoff (Longmire tv show) made. The comment is ambiguos but I thought, what if she owns a firearm or is a closet pro gun/pro2A?

I know that probably 99.9999% of Country music artists are pro-gun/2A. There just aren't enough of them to fill the vacuum that logic left behind.

Yeah, Pro-gun/2A/Republican actors are black-listed and can barely land a straight-to-DVD movie.

Relevant entertainers:

Jason Priestly. Actually a good actor despite his 90120 type cast.

R. Lee Ermey - 121 movies - who took insults and intimidation to a level that may not be surpassed for the next 100 years. He did get canned from Geico commercials though.

Kurt Russel although he's married to full retard Goldy Hawn.

Beck, Glenn
Carey, Drew (fading)
Clancy, Tom (boring)
Geller, Sara Michelle (good actress, type casted though from Buffy).
Gibson, Mel (bat***** crazy)
Hannity, Sean
Nugent, Ted (obviously) but I can't say I've ever listened to his music or could even name a song.
Savage, Michael (my hero). He's banned from the UK since he has been labeled as a right wing extremist/terrorist and has said bad things about the royals
Schroeder, Rick (not much going on but he's a decent actor. Just type-casted).
Seagal, Steven (even though he's a fat *****clown)
Stein, Ben (that's odd)
Willis, Bruce (fading)
Yankovic, Wierd Al (I would say that's odd but he is odd by definition)
Coulter, Ann
Davis, Geena (MENSA member)
Derek, Bo (not really relevant but still beautiful and those of us who are 40+ will not forget, "10.")
Jovovich, Milla (probably the most relevant).
Ryan, Jeri (7 of 9 in Star Trek. I don't even care if she acts. All she has to do is stand there on screen in her spandex borg suit for 90 minutes and I'll buy that ticket.)

Old 06-12-2013, 5:26 PM

Not sure but it's flammable and banned in 18 states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyxcom View Post
I want whatever ^^^^^ is having!

Old 06-12-2013, 5:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrt2 View Post
I bring this up after I read an article on guns.com concerning a comment that Katee Sackhoff (Longmire tv show) made. The comment is ambiguos but I thought, what if she owns a firearm or is a closet pro gun/pro2A?

I know that probably 99.9999% of Country music artists are pro-gun/2A. There just aren't enough of them to fill the vacuum that logic left behind.

Yeah, Pro-gun/2A/Republican actors are black-listed and can barely land a straight-to-DVD movie.

Relevant entertainers:

Jason Priestly. Actually a good actor despite his 90120 type cast.

R. Lee Ermey - 121 movies - who took insults and intimidation to a level that may not be surpassed for the next 100 years. He did get canned from Geico commercials though.

Kurt Russel although he's married to full retard Goldy Hawn.

Beck, Glenn
Carey, Drew (fading)
Clancy, Tom (boring)
Geller, Sara Michelle (good actress, type casted though from Buffy).
Gibson, Mel (bat***** crazy)
Hannity, Sean
Nugent, Ted (obviously) but I can't say I've ever listened to his music or could even name a song.
Savage, Michael (my hero). He's banned from the UK since he has been labeled as a right wing extremist/terrorist and has said bad things about the royals
Schroeder, Rick (not much going on but he's a decent actor. Just type-casted).
Seagal, Steven (even though he's a fat *****clown)
Stein, Ben (that's odd)
Willis, Bruce (fading)
Yankovic, Wierd Al (I would say that's odd but he is odd by definition)
Coulter, Ann
Davis, Geena (MENSA member)
Derek, Bo (not really relevant but still beautiful and those of us who are 40+ will not forget, "10.")
Jovovich, Milla (probably the most relevant).
Ryan, Jeri (7 of 9 in Star Trek. I don't even care if she acts. All she has to do is stand there on screen in her spandex borg suit for 90 minutes and I'll buy that ticket.)
Very interesting list.... but I'd have a hard time stating "bruce Willis (fading)"... since his umteenth die hard movie just came out on DVD....

I agree with you word for word about Jeri Ryan... Who knew?!?!?!?! even asexual virgin trekkie's liked a smokin hot chick in tight cloths?????

Glen Beck- you didnt say it, but ***NUTJOB!!!!****

Oh, and it didnt make your list, and I dont know better, but I would *assume* that Clint Eastwood is pro gun.... or a least pro chair.

And I must be getting old, so I gotta ask..... who the heck is katie sackhoff? Is that supposed to be a famous person? I must be living in a cave with my high speed internet and 300 channels of ATT uverse and have no idea who the heck that is.....

Last edited by postal; 06-12-2013 at 6:02 PM..
Old 06-12-2013, 5:57 PM
Banned

And you know whats really strange.......

Is a lot of big names in hellyweird (Some actors, but a LOT of producers, directors, and such) are Jews.... You would think that after WWII pretty much ANY Jew would fully embrace 2A.....

Go figure.....

Shows the amount of 'common sense' in hellyweird....
Old 06-12-2013, 6:12 PM

I don't get the Jewish issue either.
Of all people and having been persecuted for over 3000 years +.
But there are a lot of secular Jews (Jews in name only).
And in Israel your average Joe is sporting a Galil or M16 on the way to 7-11.
Here's a decent article on why: Why are Jews anti firearm?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by postal View Post
And you know whats really strange.......

Is a lot of big names in hellyweird (Some actors, but a LOT of producers, directors, and such) are Jews.... You would think that after WWII pretty much ANY Jew would fully embrace 2A.....

Go figure.....

Shows the amount of 'common sense' in hellyweird....

Old 06-12-2013, 6:18 PM
Banned

Oh....

Here's the big thing.... look at the 'other side'...

While I only have 2 names for anti's that are actors... it sickens me....

1- ahnold shwhatsaneggah.... whose fame is soley from action shoot em up movies.... who banned the 50BMG in kahlefoneeha... (even I'm not old enough to remember him as a body builder....)

2- slumvester stillalone.... also whose fame is soley from action shoot em up movies unless you're as old as I am and remember Rocky...

3- look at all the 'tards' from horrywoo that are proud members of "peta"-- anyone that does that is likely anti gun, anti rights....

4- the band greenday..... that actually writes music anti republican, anti freedom and makes millions......

Lastly, I really couldnt care less about what some famous person says or does.... Those people are generally so far out of touch with reality living in a totally fake and catered to world, I just DONT CARE what they think.

It actually really pisses me off when some out of touch spoiled celebrity wants to tell me how to think, what charity I should donate to, and worst of all, how to vote.....

I really dont have any respect for most of them since they're on permanent vacation in lala land out of touch with reality.
Old 06-12-2013, 6:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrt2 View Post
I don't get the Jewish issue either.
Of all people and having been persecuted for over 3000 years +.
But there are a lot of secular Jews (Jews in name only).
And in Israel your average Joe is sporting a Galil or M16 on the way to 7-11.
Here's a decent article on why: Why are Jews anti firearm?.
Interesting read....

I guess it makes sense in a way, but personally I want more evidence.. (not asking you to provide it)

I recall clearly meeting an old jewish man from Israel that fought in some conflict I cant recall.... He had a large nasty scar accross his forehead that was permanently stained in yellow from dissinfectants....

He told me he ran out of ammo, and used his bayonet in trench battles, and was cut with a bayonet...

That was one of the toughest old birds I ever met.... I spent 6 yrs in the US military. I was well aware of what IDF dealt with on a regular basis, and had been to Israel for a week back in 1996.... Those are some seriously motivated, highly trained and capable people.... You DONT mess with them... Often times I hear the US military is the most capable, most highly trained in the world.... I say no.... Look at IDF.... They have far smaller numbers, but they are a force to be reckoned with....

So, this article could explain this separation of Israeli Jews vs Americanized jews, but it would be nice for to me to learn more about it- after all, it's hard to swallow just how different they are....

Last edited by postal; 06-12-2013 at 6:35 PM..
Old 06-12-2013, 8:30 PM

Don't forget to add Tom Selleck and Eric Estrada to the list of pro gun actors.
Old 06-12-2013, 8:44 PM

Postal: Yeah, the IDF are bad a55es. They've been fighting over 3000 years so plenty of practice. We beat their 7 day war though. Desert Storm land battle was more than 100 hours; I fought 147 hours no sleep. Ate coffee grounds from the MRE's. blasted U2 The Joshua Tree in my CVC helmet and Paint it Black. Can't stay awake that long anymore. I refused to sleep didn't want to miss any of the battles. Enough of my narccism.
As for Rocky, only a few years behind. I'm 45. But I act like a 3 year old so I decide by 3 and I'm now 14.
I've wanted to go to Israel before Jerusalem gets blown up.
What was it like?
Oh, BTW, I live the pics of all those IDF women in uniform. You've all seen them.
Old 06-13-2013, 6:16 PM
Banned

Oh yes, How can anyone forget Tom Selleck?!?!?!?! "I am the NRA" posters, then walking off that stupid nasty fat punk arse rosie show....

Israel is a trip.... Beautiful women, fantastic food... all these old sights to see...

Every major intersection has a 19 ish yr old with army greens with an M16 over his shoulder ' just in case'... They are serious about their security.. which is cool, but takes a little getting used to...
Old 06-14-2013, 6:56 AM

Here are some photos from a Celebrity Shoot I have been involved with for the past few years.
http://www.dock.net/ovgc/2012celeb.htm

Also adding
Joe Penny (Jake and the Fat Man, Riptide)
Michael Dudikoff (American Ninja)
Ann Lockheart (Battlestar galiticca)