Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 06-11-2013, 8:27 PM

Thumbs down WARNING! Do Not Buy From COBRATAC

On March 15, 2013, I sent Cobratac $504.75 for:

20x AR mag rebuild kits
5x AK mag rebuild kits

I received almost all of the mags. The box I received contained:

19x AR mag rebuild kits
5x AK mag rebuild kits

(BTW the box had 25 AR 5 AK written on it, which is wrong)

I was bummed to say the least. I ordered 5 AR mags each for myself and 3 friends. I made the order so I had to take the hit on the missing magazine.

No big deal, I though; I'll contact the seller and let him know that I had been shorted one mag. He could have made it right by sending me the missing mag, but that never happened.

3/25: I let them know via PM that I was missing a mag.
He responded the same day apologizing for the mistake and assured me that he would send another shortly.

4/11: I sent a pm asking for the status as I had not yet received the missing magazine.
4/13: He replied that they oversold their inventory because of an issue with their site but they will work to fix it.

4/25: He sent me a PM to confirm my mailing address and assured me that he would finally send the mag
4/25: I replied the same day with my mailing address and that is the last I've heard.

I apologize if this is the wrong area, I just want to warn people that they may never receive their full order from Cobratac.

I understand if this is a new company that may have some bugs, but this is ridiculous.
Old 06-11-2013, 8:50 PM
Veteran Member

Old 06-11-2013, 10:18 PM

Did you try contacting them again to get an update?
Old 06-12-2013, 6:04 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

That suck, thanks for the head up! Good luck hope it works out!
Old 06-12-2013, 11:47 AM
Cattle Thieves Pro Staff

He's on here as well. Used to post alot in the deals forum. I belive the user name is cobratactical or something very similar.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:50 AM

Sounds like he accidentally oversold his inventory and is waiting to get more so he can send you the missing mag. Case closed, next thread.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:06 PM
Calguns Addict

Location: Currently in a shanty I made in the river bottom by Eastvale.

Yeah this is no big deal. Maybe you should pick up a phone and CALL.

Rather then come here and trash talk them perhaps your thread should have been: Anyone ever deal with this company?

I ordered from Freedom Munitions on December 12th or 14th or 17th of 2012 (I forgot, but it was a few days before it got nasty). I had NEVER ordered from them before but EVERYTHING said in stock. Then the SHTF and it got bad all over the whole country. I think you might know what I am talking about. But my order was sitting on the READY TO SHIP status, I kept good communication with them since it was a new company to me and I shipped off 43 lbs of brass to them and they knocked off about $110 from my bill. So anyways, I had $500 worth of ammo waiting to come to me. WELL, things did not add up but I felt that I wanted to give them a chance because as a human I can be patient despite what this world of HAVE TO HAVE IT NOW! asshats dictates to me. So I was patient and I decided at one point that they had my $500 + 44lbs of brass AND the ball was in their court. They were dealing with this whole crap that we are still dealing with now, and they JUST moved. But their prices were so good, I wanted to keep them around as a possible future ammo supplier. Anyways, March 20th rolls around and I finally got my order. Turns out that they got hit with 4k orders around the 20th or so and they got really backlogged and since components got shorted all over they were actually still making my ammo and were waiting for the .308 to come in. They asked if it was okay to substitute 160gr bullets for the 147 gr .308 that I had ordered and I said sure. (they gave me a phone call about a week before they shipped it off to thank me for being patient and also inform me of the substitution they were wanting to do).

Long story short, I had patience and I stayed friendly, although irritated when they stopped responding, I was still somewhat respectful and almost pleasant to deal with in my voicemails and e-mails that I left and now they are still in business, I have all my stuff, and I still speak highly of them. So perhaps Cobra just needs a little more time to get you your ONE mag. Don't sweat the little **** man. just chill and be patient and maybe every other week send them another e-mail informing them of your order number, date placed and what you are missing and that you HOPE to hear from them soon or maybe even get an updated time estimate. You have to approach it as documenting a case for court. Make sure to list the facts every time you call, keep a log of when you called and eventually if you have to go to court then you have your ducks in order and you will come out a winner. But, before it goes that far, they will prolly be more than happy to send your mag sooner than if you are a dick to them. Besides, DHS already bought 1 million mag rebuild kits from them so get back in line...

Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...

Author of the NY Times Best Selling book: How to Cheat and Win Like a Pro at Solitaire

Last edited by stilly; 06-12-2013 at 12:12 PM..
Old 06-12-2013, 2:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilly View Post
Yeah this is no big deal. Maybe you should pick up a phone and CALL.
Exactly? Why do people insist on using email?
Old 06-12-2013, 8:42 PM

are you talking to Cobra Tactical in Valencia?

If so, i recommend you call and not just throw an email out.

Cobra Tactical has been beyond fantastic in every purchase/order i have made with them and I have bought from many shops around the US and ya know what? Crap happens and, people get busy, spam folders get in the way etc. Cobra Tactical has been a great shop for me and instantly puts me back to living in TX with the smaller town/shop attitude where a friendship is made.

how about instead of blasting them online over what is probably something innocently overlooked you let them know and correct it.

JOe
Old 06-12-2013, 8:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofthehill View Post
are you talking to Cobra Tactical in Valencia?

If so, i recommend you call and not just throw an email out.

Cobra Tactical has been beyond fantastic in every purchase/order i have made with them and I have bought from many shops around the US and ya know what? Crap happens and, people get busy, spam folders get in the way etc. Cobra Tactical has been a great shop for me and instantly puts me back to living in TX with the smaller town/shop attitude where a friendship is made.

how about instead of blasting them online over what is probably something innocently overlooked you let them know and correct it.

JOe
No, its another vendor.
Your thinking from CobraTactical
OP is talking about CobraTac
Old 06-15-2013, 9:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhoggs View Post
Did you try contacting them again to get an update?
I'm tired of contacting them. Every time I mention it, they promptly reply and state that they will send the mag, but it never happens.

I understand making a mistake, but promising to make it right and not following through are what prompted me to make this thread. I'm sorry if I'm not as patient as some of you are, but if someone tells me they will send it 'right away', I don't expect to be wondering where it is 3 months later.
Old 06-15-2013, 1:12 PM

I never trusted them since when they first came on board they tried to offer free rebuild kits for other people to spam other forums with their "deals" (including trying to find someone to do so on Arfcom which is a violation of Arfcom rules). Also they never actually post in the Commercial Sales forum like other Calgun vendors do, only in the Deals subforum.