Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 03-05-2013, 9:15 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpticsPlanet View Post
John, that is untrue. I am on here to always help when needed. I worked with you quite a bit a few weeks ago to work with your out of stock item. I even offered you alternatives that were in stock at greatly reduced prices to get them to you as fast as possible for your shoot.

Guys, we all know it, industry is crazy and I am sorry for the waits. we're working non stop to get the products in and then shipped out. Our buyers are constantly on the phones with manufacturers and distributors to get more product as well as updated shipping times.

Thank you for your patience. I'm waiting on a few products that are on backorder as well. If theres anything I can do, feel free to send me a PM.

Thank you again,

Trevor B.
I disagree Trevor. The discount you offered still required me to pony up more cash.

After we talked your company then extended my wait time again making it even farther out. Then sat on the refund until I complained several times and finally got the funds released back to paypal. Paypal explained they believed your company was just going to let the authorization to take the money expire, which takes 30 days. At that point Paypal will take it out of an escrow type account and back into my account. I bounced back and forth between your Cust service constantly asking for a Supervisor and finally getting one to RELEASE my money and Paypal several times, until I finally got my money nearly a month after I sent it to OpticsPlanet.

When I contacted you for assistance it was early in my plight... well within a week of finding out my "in stock" item was really "out of stock." The nightmare lasted longer.

I will tell you this Trevor, if you would have just ate that extra $50 or so dollars I would have taken the replacement you offered. At that point, I was not upset with OpticPlanets handling of the situation...I was OK with it...not totally happy, but life is life. My attitude toward your company has since changed.

I tend to give people second and third chances over small stuff, so I probably will use OpticsPlanet again...but never for items on a time sensitive nature or critical name brand. If a client of mines say he wants X, by X date...I can NOT risk using your company.

If you would like to talk further, I feel PM is best.

DP
Old 03-06-2013, 8:08 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Just so everyone understands, I will make every effort to help as much as possible. This is the deal that I was offering Dieselpower:

Originally Posted by OpticsPlanet
John,

Sorry for that. Mounts are selling as fast as they come in. hard to keep up to minute stock sometimes. We do have a TW Warne ramp mount in matte black 30mm in stock. Retail is $170, I can get it on your order for $135. Also have a GG&G bolt on mount in stock, retail $147, I can get it to $125. Let me know right away if you want the order switched out, these pieces wont last too long. ETA on the leupold was actually last week, but we're waiting on a shipment from them.

Trevor B.

Original mount was the Mark 2 IMS for 109.99.

As I said guys, sorry for any waits you have. I will do everything I can to get them out quicker or get you a replacemnet at a lower price as best I can, as seen above. I only make my pay if we can sell and ship products, so i will do my best.

Please let me know if anyone has any questions or conerns.

Trevor B.

OpticsPlanet
http://www.opticsplanet.com
Toll-Free (888) 504-7864
Send us a private message if we can be of help!
Old 03-06-2013, 1:05 PM
I need a LIFE!!

$110.00 - 10% = $100.... for the type and brand I wanted... for an extra $25 to $35 you offered to send me something I didnt want... gee what a bargain... when you first took the money saying you could DELIVER me what I wanted in 3 to 5 days. A month later I got my money back.

Its not always about the money, style, name branding and overall design play a big part in a persons choice.

as I said... you want to talk about this, lets do it in PMs... you continue in this thread and I will also.

This thread was about your 10% coupon. we were warning that your company doesnt always deliver on what it says to the poster (and other readers).

I am sorry that makes you feel bad, but when saving a buck ends up costing you money, the coupon isnt a good deal and we are trying to tell people that.

If OpticsPlanet was offering a 100% off coupon and never delivered the item... it doesn't mean we who found out the coupon was worthless shouldn't speak up? No, we should as a service to people looking for that coupon.

Its not thread crapping, its just FYI.

I still harbor no ill will toward OpticsPlanet. As I said if the item isn't critical, I still may use you guys.
Old 03-06-2013, 1:39 PM
Veteran Member

You could just stfu, stop crapping in people's threads and go back to the off topic forum... Just a thought.

George Orwell

http://www.AnySoldier.com
Old 03-06-2013, 4:28 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by negolien View Post
You could just stfu, stop crapping in people's threads and go back to the off topic forum... Just a thought.
Trevor brought up my situation in this thread, neither one of us are thread crapping. Please stop your comments at me.

Everyone here is talking about OpticsPlanets coupons and whether or not they are a true value. You are the only person who is not.

If Trevor, AN OPTICSPLANET EMPLOYEE, wants to address everyone who had issues with their coupons in this thread, he is more then welcome too do so...& I think every single person reading this thread would like to hear about each persons issue.

You need to stop derailing the conversation away from that.

I have offered to discuss this via PM with him, he has chosen to make the discussion open to all... which any person with integrity would do, since in his mind he has zero to hide... and I am not saying he does either.

You will notice that vendors with something to hide from the public delete the threads that ask the tough questions.

I am not saying OpticsPlanet is a bad vendor, I am just advising caution as to their coupons and website stock function.

Last edited by dieselpower; 03-06-2013 at 4:31 PM..
Old 03-08-2013, 8:56 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Yep, we're here for anything. We'll keep posting as we get more coupon codes up as well. Our marketing people are working on a few new ones. Always feel free to give a shout out for anything and check a status.

Trevor B.

OpticsPlanet
Toll-Free (888) 504-7864
Old 03-08-2013, 1:21 PM

I have had so-so experiences with OP. Sometimes timely delivery, sometimes not. I ordered something from Amazon that was sold by Optics Planet. They didn't want to honor the price. It's been hit and miss for me over the years.
Old 03-11-2013, 3:16 PM
Banned

Yeah I just got my P-223 scope from OP. It was supposed to come with the mount as a "free gift." That was the reason I went with said scope. Well turns out the scope is in stock but not the mounts, and they don't tell you this until they've charged your card and processed sending the scope.

Kind of annoying. I guess the wait on the mount is 2-4 weeks. We'll see.
Old 03-11-2013, 3:30 PM

Opticsplanet has always been good to go for me. Free shipping and no CA sales tax is hard to beat. Sometimes the wait on backordered items is frustrating but they have been great about letting me modify/cancel orders as needed in those cases.

On a recent order they even sent me a proactive notice that the item I ordered had a 5-15 day wait (which I knew at the time of ordering) and suggested alternative items that are currently in stock. I appreciated that.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:10 PM

Ordered Troy buis from OP on December 12,2012. Received on JANUARY 23,2013!

"Greetings from Opticsplanet.com!

Thank you for following up with your order. The order is being shipped directly from the manufacturer. We have sent your order to the manufacturer for shipment and have captured your full payment. Occasionally there can be a slight delay in receiving the tracking number for the shipment in this situation but we will forward the information to you as soon as we have received it from the manufacturer.

Please let us know if there is anything further we can do to assist you.

Best regards,

Patricia F."

Should have been listed as backordered NOT in stock. I also had trouble trying to get a response within their 24 business hours.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:38 PM

Supremely disappointed.....2nd attempt to purchase many items and received again notification that some items were not available and in spite my message to send out ASAP whats available now and the rest when available, I get message shipping on hold, I still haven't received items from order 4 weeks ago. I'm really hoping they come through this week. OP if you're listening, please don't fail me this time again. Order #3916760. Oh yeah and none of the coupon codes for 10% worked.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:48 PM
Veteran Member

To add some positive to this, I ordered a Vortex Viper PST when it was showing a 3-5 week delivery time. Well, about a day afterward, it showed in stock. I got notification that I would get the product in about a week, or this Thursday. So just a little happy twist.

NRA Member
SAF Member

Quote:
A tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny.
Old 03-19-2013, 7:23 AM

I took the advice from another forum and called in my order. I needed something by the end of the week and OP had it in stock. Talked to a guy, told me about the 24-48 hour processing and we decided that Id need 2 day air to get it in by friday ordering on mon. Came in on friday, very happy with it and used it on Sunday.

My only complaint is that I didnt get the free hat the website said came with it. But thats small compared to me getting my scope on friday to sight in on sat and use for 3gun Sunday.
Old 03-19-2013, 7:49 AM
Banned

Over 50% time when I order from Optics Planet they take my money,,
then they tell me the item is not in stock and back-order it,
I don't use them anymore

sunaj
Old 03-19-2013, 7:51 AM
Veteran Member

Wink lol

..... Nice to see some people get good service from OP as I always do. I get good service from their sister site Dvor also and love the daily deals they do. I don't look ahead and every day I wait in anticipation to see what cool stuff is going to be on sale.

George Orwell

Old 03-19-2013, 12:59 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoxVeritasVita View Post
Supremely disappointed.....2nd attempt to purchase many items and received again notification that some items were not available and in spite my message to send out ASAP whats available now and the rest when available, I get message shipping on hold, I still haven't received items from order 4 weeks ago. I'm really hoping they come through this week. OP if you're listening, please don't fail me this time again. Order #3916760. Oh yeah and none of the coupon codes for 10% worked.
Neil,

Took a look at your order and the notes in it. Corrected to show that 10% off coupon. you should see that impact on your card soon. Also, all but two items have been shipped. When the two backordered items come in that will be shipped free as well. You will also get a a email with tracking on that.

Trevor B

OpticsPlanet
Toll-Free (888) 504-7864
Old 03-19-2013, 1:02 PM

......what....there was a 10% off coupon this month?
Old 03-19-2013, 1:17 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Not yet, just correcting from a previous order.

however...something good will pop up soon!

Trevor B.

OpticsPlanet
Toll-Free (888) 504-7864
Old 03-19-2013, 7:28 PM

Default No more with OpticsPlanet for me.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by the86d View Post
I will not use OpticsPlanet ever again...

(Do a search for OpticsPlanet here on CalGuns if you wonder why.)
I ordered a paddle mag pouch and they promised delivery for 4 weeks, their listing still showed product and they appeared to be taking orders.

I gave up after 5 weeks.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:46 PM

Trevor,

Thank you very much for the reply and the additional 10% off. You guys have a fantastic website with selection and outstanding prices before calgun discount. I'm really hoping you are successful in your operation with greater speed and efficiency. I will continue to shop and recommend OP unless of course it doesn't improve. DVOR is fantastic as well. Again, thank you and best of luck! Neil
Old 03-25-2013, 12:30 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Friday's deal was awesome.
Can't wait for my order to arrive
Old 03-30-2013, 12:06 PM

They have good prices on par with everywhere else. My issue is what I order is never in stock. I got an email saying that some mounts had arrived in stock. I ordered them a week goes by no email of them being shipped. I call to have her tell me they are back ordered. This has happened 3 times with them during the Nikon promo sale.
Old 03-30-2013, 6:55 PM
Veteran Member

Sometimes I wonder if some of these low count complainers are just running their mouths thread crapping. Then you have one guy whining trying to give buisness to his buddies instead. Look up thread crapping and stfu.

As usual I never have an issue with either OP or Dvor which is a sister company. Wish they'd call Customer Service and stop whining evertime OP trys to help someone by giving coupons and such. They do have a Customer Service Number btw go their and stop crying in our constructive threads.

George Orwell

Old 04-01-2013, 6:54 PM

I would be happy to post my 5 weeks of communications via email and online chat. After 5 weeks of excuses on why an "In Stock" item hadn't shipped I cancelled my order. Every few days it was a new excuse. From what I can tell this happens frequently. If you are counting on the order I would call or Chat before placing an order.

My dealings with customer service included 4 different agents. The agents were friendly but the information they gave me ranged from not accurate to an outright lie. I will add that my refund was processed quickly and without fuss.

Aloha
Old 04-01-2013, 7:34 PM

I ordered a couple mounts back on 07/04/12.
They emailed me the next day, 07/05/12 with an apology that it's out of stock and they're estimating 5-7 weeks. I kept it on backorder.
They emailed me on 09/02/12, just 5 days over their estimate, that my products were in stock and if I was still interested, reply and they'll ship it out.
Luckily, I went through my spam folder and caught this email. But I did reply to go ahead and ship and I received it a few short days later.

IMO, they did alright. I wish that they're website was more real time but they emailed me the next business day to let me know. That's alright by me.
Old 04-01-2013, 9:06 PM

Never had a problem with opticsplanet. Order from them many times and will continue to order more from them in the near future!
Old 04-02-2013, 7:35 AM

They are having a 10% off sale thru tomorrow 4-3-13. Enter code "april10" at checkout. I haven't ever had a problem with optics planet but I have only made 3 purchases from them. Prices seem good when combined with free shipping.
Old 04-02-2013, 9:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpticsPlanet View Post
Hi ns209,

I saw your post and hope this coupon can be put to use: type in opcal10 at checkout for 10% off your order. There are a few brands that don't allow us to discount their products, but other than that it's good to go and expires this Sunday, Jan 13. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me!

the86d and bsumoba, I'm very sorry to hear that you've had problems with your orders in the past. We do our best to keep up with feedback, whether positive or negative, and from there we are constantly working to improve our business for our customers. If you ever decide to give us one more try, please feel free to send me a private message on Calguns and I'll be more than happy to see your order through from start to end.

Thank you and I hope you have a great weekend!

Best regards,

Cynthia D.
(800) 504-5897
www.OpticsPlanet.com
Very cool of you to post this !!
Benelli m4/m2
Old 04-05-2013, 1:44 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor Man View Post
They are having a 10% off sale thru tomorrow 4-3-13. Enter code "april10" at checkout. I haven't ever had a problem with optics planet but I have only made 3 purchases from them. Prices seem good when combined with free shipping.
damn just missed...
Old 04-07-2013, 9:13 PM

Never had an issue with Opticsplanet. I still find it great that Opticsplanet would even post discounts during these dark times.

Thanks Trevor B. for being very proactive on this thread!
Old 04-20-2013, 4:26 PM

I feel like I have to chime in with my experience with optics planet. I ordered a holster for my cz75 about two months ago which was listed in stock. A few days later I received an email stating that it now wasn't in stock, but would be in about a week. After two weeks go by I contacted Optics Planet, who said that it would be another couple of weeks before the holster would be in stock. The email stated that I had to "opt in" to this wait time, or it would be cancelled, so I replied that I would like to keep my order in place (after complaining about the misleading/false ETA). A few days later I received another email from them that mirrored the first, to which I also replied the same. A few days later I get an email stating that, since I never responded, my order was now cancelled, despite two separate emails affirming that I want to keep my order. I'm not even sure I was refunded my money, I was too pissed off about it to even check.
This was my first experience with Optics Planet, and very likely my last. I'm glad it was with a cheap purchase and not for the ACOG I'm planning on picking up. IMHO, they have really poor customer service. I'd rather spend a little more and be confident that I was going to be treated well, than save a few bucks and hope my order comes through.
Old 04-22-2013, 5:23 PM

I have made quite a few orders through O/P with good service. My last order was for a Vortex PST 4-16x50 ($744.00) and some sunglasses. The Vortex is on back order and I have not been charged for it yet, the glasses were recieved within 5 days of the order. A week later when I called about the Vortex the rep said they are expecting them in about 2 weeks. The site indicated would ship 3-5 days when I ordered, fortunately I am in no hurry and for the price (was $899.00) it will be worth the wait. It's a shame some of you are having such problems, good luck and hope all works out.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:50 PM

Trevor,

Please look at my return #3916760. I'm speechless..........
Old 04-23-2013, 3:08 PM

Just recieved an email from O/P that my Vortex has been shipped, thats a week before I was expecting it to. It's a shame so many of you have had such bad experiences with O/P.
Old 04-24-2013, 1:37 AM

I bought two Armasight night vision units from OP last month and they were delivered in 4 days. Their customer service was pretty good .. I have no complaints
Old 04-24-2013, 9:07 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusteddisgusted View Post
I feel like I have to chime in with my experience with optics planet. I ordered a holster for my cz75 about two months ago which was listed in stock. A few days later I received an email stating that it now wasn't in stock, but would be in about a week. After two weeks go by I contacted Optics Planet, who said that it would be another couple of weeks before the holster would be in stock. The email stated that I had to "opt in" to this wait time, or it would be cancelled, so I replied that I would like to keep my order in place (after complaining about the misleading/false ETA). A few days later I received another email from them that mirrored the first, to which I also replied the same. A few days later I get an email stating that, since I never responded, my order was now cancelled, despite two separate emails affirming that I want to keep my order. I'm not even sure I was refunded my money, I was too pissed off about it to even check.
This was my first experience with Optics Planet, and very likely my last. I'm glad it was with a cheap purchase and not for the ACOG I'm planning on picking up. IMHO, they have really poor customer service. I'd rather spend a little more and be confident that I was going to be treated well, than save a few bucks and hope my order comes through.

Hi Dusteddisgusted,

Sorry about your experience. We try to keep out stock updated as fast as possible but during that frenxy and panic buying things were flying off the shelves. Still are in many categorys. I would like to say that if at all possible, call in and speak to us. We're real, we're here, and I'll do whatever I can to help. Sometimes were just at the mercy of manufacturers and other partys.

I'm doing a Encore build and sent multiple emails in to a barrel maker, didn't get a response, so I called in and spoke to them. Great people, theyre just busy and are playing catch up constantly. It was easier to get the few questions and place the order on the phone.

I dont know what happened with your emails or why they werent received, but if you or any customer ever has a doubt, givce us a call. I'm a little old fashioned and like the human interaction in this internet era, but thats just me. So, please, in any case, give us/me a call, send me a PM here, and I'll do whatever I can to help.

Trevor B.

OpticsPlanet
Toll-Free (888) 504-7864
Old 04-25-2013, 11:45 AM

There's a $5 off coupon at PersonalSecurityZone.com

Enter promo code TJA5 and you get $5 off your order. It never expires.

http://personalsecurityzone.com
Old 04-28-2013, 5:04 PM

I've had a generally good experience with Opticsplanet. Made 2 orders with them and yes 1 of my orders took some extra time but they had what I wanted and the prices were very reasonable. I'd shop with them again.
Old 06-02-2013, 2:32 PM
Veteran Member

Are there any valid 10% discount codes for Optics Planet right now?
Old 06-03-2013, 8:28 AM

They have a 5% Calguns discount + free shipping