Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 04-02-2008, 10:12 PM
Veteran Member

Default Eotech prices

The cheapest I have found an EOtech 512 is for $359. Does anyone know of a better deal than this? I know they are mapped prices but surely somebody might give a better deal if contacted in person?
Old 04-02-2008, 10:16 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Have you tried the ARFCOM EE?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=7&f=23
Old 04-02-2008, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrist View Post
The cheapest I have found an EOtech 512 is for $359. Does anyone know of a better deal than this? I know they are mapped prices but surely somebody might give a better deal if contacted in person?
where? Thats a great price new! I cant seem to buy any on here. People snatch then fast for $350 on a 552 or a 512!

Damn having to work to pay for my gun habit!
Old 04-03-2008, 4:16 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Not quite... 350 for a 552 is a smokin deal, but $300 is the equivalent on a 512.

Botach includes a GG&G flip rear with a 512 for $399.
Old 04-03-2008, 7:46 AM

The 2007 shipped DISTRIBUTOR cost for the 512.A65 was about $295. So, if you are seeing them for sale at $300, someone is giving it away for a $5 profit. Factor in shipping and credit card fees, and that is a non-sustaining price. We sold them for $339 when we had them.

Thus is the problem with selling Eotechs:

1) Too many sketchy dealers who sell them for next to zero profit
2) Not an easy company to work with...unless you order hundreds of units

One other thing, I am hearing increasing and persistent reports of QC issues, which have come as a surprise to me. I have discounted these reports in the past but yesterday I talked to a soldier who served time on the front lines who said this has indeed become a problem (unexpected failures of the sight). Just FYI, and something to keep in mind.

Scott
Old 04-03-2008, 9:24 AM

Are they still running that promo because I don't see the promo on their site?

I'm a bit wary of ordering from Botach.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyOptics View Post
One other thing, I am hearing increasing and persistent reports of QC issues, which have come as a surprise to me. I have discounted these reports in the past but yesterday I talked to a soldier who served time on the front lines who said this has indeed become a problem (unexpected failures of the sight). Just FYI, and something to keep in mind.
I think maybe you're talking about this, which appears to affect the newer 553 only: Warning sent to SOF ref Eotech 553
Old 04-03-2008, 1:38 PM

Thanks for that. That is an interesting and oh-so-arfcom-ish thread! LOL. Some things never change. That thread touched on some of the arrogance/denial experienced by those who contacted Eotech. I do think L-3 buying them out was the beginning of the end. As for the subcontractor stuff, it's possible, but I don't buy it. Such is a simple part that could be made, or at least supervised, in-house.

There are other issues I would be unwise to discuss. We plan to carry Aimpoint in the future, and we will watch and wait on EoTech.

Scott
Old 04-03-2008, 2:34 PM
I need a LIFE!!

The $350 and 300 prices I mentioned were from the for sale threads, not new (but LNIB) level.

For whomeverasked about the Botach deal... (PS - get the GGG, the Matech can be had for less)
Quote:
Originally Posted by uclaplinker View Post
folding sight

http://www.botachtactical.com/eo5155552hop.html

It's still Botach, so... be forewarned!

Quote:
The 2007 shipped DISTRIBUTOR cost for the 512.A65 was about $295. So, if you are seeing them for sale at $300, someone is giving it away for a $5 profit. Factor in shipping and credit card fees, and that is a non-sustaining price. We sold them for $339 when we had them.

Thus is the problem with selling Eotechs:

1) Too many sketchy dealers who sell them for next to zero profit
2) Not an easy company to work with...unless you order hundreds of units

Scott
Old 04-03-2008, 3:40 PM
Veteran Member

There seems to be a real shortage of Eotechs right now, and that's driving up the price, it seems. Lots of places are back-ordered. Dunno how much that has to do with the QC issues on the 553.

NRA Life Member
Old 04-03-2008, 4:01 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Probably not at all... EOTech is in the process of discontinuing a bunch of stuff and bringing out a lot of new sights. I'm betting that's the biggest factor. That and they're still selling most their stuff to the military.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxicon View Post
There seems to be a real shortage of Eotechs right now, and that's driving up the price, it seems. Lots of places are back-ordered. Dunno how much that has to do with the QC issues on the 553.
Old 04-03-2008, 7:35 PM

They will also be introducing a trick new magnifier.....you heard it here first...in about 6 months.
Old 04-03-2008, 8:51 PM

That's weird, when add the items to my cart, it'll only add the EOtech and not the BUIS.
Old 04-03-2008, 8:53 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
They will also be introducing a trick new magnifier.....you heard it here first...in about 6 months.
This sounds cool. Maybe their next one won't cost an arm and leg.
Old 04-05-2008, 9:29 PM
Veteran Member

Flyingpen just so you know I attempted to purchase the eotech + Buis and it was backordered till who knows how long. I cancelled the order. Would going with an M2 or M3 aimpoint be better as far as pricing?
Old 04-05-2008, 9:47 PM

I decided to wait on the 516 EOTech because of the better battery life and other small improvements they made like the raised battery storage and side push buttons. The battery commonality with flashlights is also pretty handy.
Old 04-05-2008, 9:54 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrist View Post
Flyingpen just so you know I attempted to purchase the eotech + Buis and it was backordered till who knows how long. I cancelled the order. Would going with an M2 or M3 aimpoint be better as far as pricing?
No... Aimpoints cost more and require a mount.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Veteran Member

I just need to get something but I want to save money.

Atleast I have 1000 5.56 rounds and irons
Old 04-05-2008, 10:33 PM

The $48 Fakepoints at www.airsoftvanguard.com works pretty well and they have good customer service.

Just remember to loctite the mount screw. It seems to hold zero well and now with the larger battery, doesn't flicker on my Federal XM193 on a carbine.

I of course wouldn't buy it if I was going to war but for the range, they're incredibly great value for ~$48
Old 04-06-2008, 10:28 AM
Veteran Member

+1 on a decent Aimpoint lookalike if you just want an inexpensive sight for the range. I've got one of the 1337tactical ones that's held up well, holds zero, and mounts solidly.

NRA Life Member
Old 04-07-2008, 8:16 PM
Veteran Member

This will not be for the range all of the time....my life could depend on it.
So the fake ones are out.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:44 AM

Instead of a fakepoint why don't you guys just try the C-more's
Old 04-17-2008, 11:04 AM
Vendor/Retailer

The truth of the matter is that the gun business is overly competitive right now. Yes, this may seem to be a good thing for buyers, but it isn't. We are seeing the consolidation of companies, with the far end result of a constricted micro economy.

The internet, the current mad rush of buyers before 2009, overtaxation, and asinine regulation, the war, and China's industrial drive all play a part.

As the condition progresses, we are seeing manufacturers slowly but inexorably eclipsing the middleman. A $30 profit on a $340 optic is not really profitable, unless you have an endless supply and an endless market. Both are unrealistic and unsustainable.

I don't have a solution... I just see a problem.

Anyway, I personally prefer the eotech over everything else for 10-200 yards, including ACOG AIMPOINT CMORE, etc.

"Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization."
Old 04-18-2008, 7:04 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
what's trick about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by duenor View Post
The truth of the matter is that the gun business is overly competitive right now. Yes, this may seem to be a good thing for buyers, but it isn't. We are seeing the consolidation of companies, with the far end result of a constricted micro economy.

The internet, the current mad rush of buyers before 2009, overtaxation, and asinine regulation, the war, and China's industrial drive all play a part.

As the condition progresses, we are seeing manufacturers slowly but inexorably eclipsing the middleman. A $30 profit on a $340 optic is not really profitable, unless you have an endless supply and an endless market. Both are unrealistic and unsustainable.

I don't have a solution... I just see a problem.

Anyway, I personally prefer the eotech over everything else for 10-200 yards, including ACOG AIMPOINT CMORE, etc.
this isn't anything new though, it's happened everywhere. everything is just on time, no warehousing, and megasized online distribution. it's a surprise that it isn't all direct sale already (well ti's not so much a surprise because of the customer service factor).

the only things that seem to stay in stores are textiles and food, any sort os specialty item related to technology can be sold online easier with specs and reviews so proliferate.

Last edited by trinydex; 04-18-2008 at 7:07 PM..