Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Strike Industries / JTech Gear-REMOVED-
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2013, 12:27 PM

Default SI SHOX iPhone5 case review.

Hi guys,
I got a chance to try out the new Shox case from SI and I have written a little about it.

SI battle cases SHOX

A little more then a year ago I came across the SI Battle Case for my iPhone 4 and it wholly changed my idea of phone cases. The sleek looks and finger loop design is so useful that I couldnít imagine using anything else for my iPhone 4. It may seem far fetched but I even held off getting an iPhone 5 until I knew SI had a new case in the works.
This case comes in very nice packaging. Itís great visually and also can be used as a stand due to the perforated backing. The SHOX case comes in a number of colors (Black, Grey, Tan, White and even a hot pink which is sure to stand out).
Now this case incorporates a number of innovative and useful features in which a few of them I will cover.
The main feature which I enjoy the most is the finger loop. This is highly useful for pulling out of pockets and also to keep a finger in while performing actions where the phone could fall out of your hand. The loop is very useful in the fact that it can be clipped to just about anything such as a vest, harness or pack.
The new SHOX feature which gives the case itís name is useful for those accidental falls. I was skeptical at first and surely didnít want to test them out myself but SI did send me a video showing numerous falls with a phone in the case being dropped from shoulder height and each time there was no damage to the phone.
A few other of the key features include:
A sound reflector that directs the speaker sound towards you. So simple but it does have a huge impact in sound.
Dirt proof plugs that come in a myriad of colors which are functional and add nice highlights to your case.
A camera lens cover to protect from scratches.
A card slot that can securely hold a few necessary cards when youíre out and about or a few folded up bills.

A few things I did have issues with were that the corners fit so securely that my screen protector did lift a little bit. I do use a thick Ghost Armour protector though. The other is that the top power button can be a little hard to press. Al in all though those are small things to consider compared to the rest of the great features this case has.

I would definitely give this case a try if you enjoy being active and could use a case that works as hard as you do.