Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:28 AM
Veteran Member

Lightbulb LOS ANGELES SHOOTERS SOCIETY MEETING: TUESDAY, MAY 21st - AT YOUR LOCAL VOTING POLL!!

LOS ANGELES SHOOTERS SOCIETY MEETING: TUESDAY, MAY 21st - AT YOUR LOCAL VOTING POLL!! - ALL DAY - DURING POLLING HOURS!

If you live in Los Angeles, it is crucial that you vote on May 21st!

LOOK UP YOUR LOCAL POLLING PLACE HERE:

There has been a lot of talk the past few days over Attorney General Kamala Harris' affirming position that the microstamping law requirements are valid per her bulletin that "micro-stamping technology is available to more than one manufacturer unencumbered by any patent restrictions".. this requirement has been pending since 2007, but hasn't been implemented due to the fact that the technology didn't exist. Now they're saying that it does exist.

What this means to all of us is that all "new" firearms submitted to the CA "Roster of Approved Handguns" will now be required to "micro-stamp" all ammunition that it fires. The long term ramifications of this are that most manufacturers will simply not be willing to take on the additional expense and hassle of compliance, and just won't consider selling new models in CA.

AND WHO WAS THE AUTHOR OF THIS BILL??? NONE OTHER THAN MIKE FEUER!!

AND NOW HE WANTS YOUR VOTE FOR LA CITY ATTORNEY THIS TUESDAY MAY 21ST!

So, will you be so kind as to help him out by NOT voting, in order to give Feuer the job???

I'm tired of seeing California gun owners talk and talk, and talk even more about Anti-2nd Amendment laws AFTER the fact, but continuously fail to get up off the couch to go vote, strangely giving a repeat pass to the very same Anti-2nd Amendment politicians like Feuer that continue to author these bills!

I've warned, and warned, and then warned again over the past decade how Feuer is one of the most Anti-2nd Amendment politicians in California.

But people seem to want to moan and groan over the Feinsteins and Pelosis of the world, when subversive, back-door, actual California bill-authors like Feuer have had a MUCH bigger impact on California gun bans than Feinstein has had in her whole career.

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/07-08/...d_sen_v96.html

Quote:
BILL NUMBER: AB 1471 AMENDED / BILL TEXT

INTRODUCED BY Assembly Member Feuer
(Principal coauthor: Assembly Member DeSaulnier)
( Coauthors: Senators Cedillo, Perata, Romero, and Scott )

FEBRUARY 23, 2007

An act to amend Section 12126 of the Penal Code, relating to firearms.

AB 1471, as amended, Feuer. Firearms: microstamping. Existing law defines unsafe handguns as failing to pass certain tests, or lacking certain features, as specified.

This bill, the Crime Gun Identification Act of 2007, would, commencing January 1, 2010, expand the definition of "unsafe handgun" to include semiautomatic pistols that are not designed and equipped with a microscopic array of characters that identify the make, model, and serial number of the pistol, etched in 2 or more places on the interior surface or internal working parts of the pistol, and that are transferred by imprinting on each cartridge case when the firearm is fired.

And if Los Angeleno gun owners DON'T VOTE AGAINST FEUER on Tuesday, not only are they condoning Feuer's actions, but they are setting him up in a pre-running stepping-stone position for a credible notch on his resume to one day run for STATE ATTORNEY, maybe even GOVERNOR.

I can't think of anything worse. IF YOU ARE IN LOS ANGELES, DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN!!

The last election in March ended in a run-off, and the turn-out of voters was PATHETIC.

IN A CITY OF NEARLY 4 MILLION PEOPLE - HOW IS IT THAT ONLY 267,093 PEOPLE VOTED IN THE LAST CITY ATTORNEY PRE-ELECTION IN MARCH??

I am willing to bet that if Los Angeles gun owners wishing to protect their rights had voted in the last election, we would have eclipsed the numbers and put Feuer dead in his tracks right there. But now it's a run-off election this coming Tuesday. I even suspect that if just Los Angeles Calguns members alone voted against Feuer, we could easily present a large percentage of votes to seriously change the outcome.

For anyone wondering, this was the tally of votes: ONLY 267,093 PEOPLE VOTED IN THE LA CITY ATTORNEY IN THE MARCH PRE-ELECTION. Feuer got 116883 of those votes.

And THAT is pathetic. We could have swayed this decision bar-none had every single Los Angeles Calgunner gotten out and voted.

LET'S DO THAT THIS COMING TUESDAY, MAY 21, 2013??? TO MAKE UP FOR THE DISGUSTING DISPLAY OF GUN-OWNER APATHY IN MARCH?

CAN WE???

CITY ATTORNEY VOTES 03/05/2013

MIKE FEUER: 116883 Votes
CARMEN TRUTANICH: 80,587 Votes
NOEL WEISS: 23045 Votes
GREG SMITH: 46578 Votes

http://northridge.patch.com/articles...torney-primary

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2793075.html

Last edited by CALI-gula; 05-21-2013 at 3:01 PM..
Old 05-18-2013, 3:21 PM

I'm in and will go out and vote. Should I vote for the underdog Greg Smith?
Old 05-20-2013, 12:49 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird View Post
I'm in and will go out and vote. Should I vote for the underdog Greg Smith?
That would have been back in March; when nobody showed up to vote.

Smith is out. Now we only get two choices; Vote AGAINST Feuer.... or voting FOR Trutanich, because that is the only other vote AGAINST FEUER that you get this time around.

People complain about being force to vote between the lesser of two evils, but then they never show up to the Primaries or foremost elections when they did have a broader selection.

Weiss and Smith didn't get enough votes then, and the votes between Feuer and Trutanich were too close - resulting in Tuesday's run-off between JUST those two.

CITY ATTORNEY VOTES March 5, 2013

MIKE FEUER: 116883 Votes
CARMEN TRUTANICH: 80,587 Votes
NOEL WEISS: 23045 Votes
GREG SMITH: 46578 Votes

Old 05-21-2013, 3:00 PM
Veteran Member

Go vote.... my friends.

--Love, MelvinoelGreat

Old 05-21-2013, 5:32 PM
Veteran Member

One last bump for good measure....

I won't be able to check back until after polls close at 8:00PM.

If you haven't already.... you know what to do - before 8:00PM.