Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:46 PM

Default Another successful range day

Female co-worker of mine (fence sitter on gun issues) saw me looking at a website on Holland and Holland about a year ago and was fascinated by some of the engraving and remarked about how beautiful it looked. That started a conversation. . .

. . .fast forward to a month ago, she wanted to go along with her husband to one of the local ranges and shoot A GUN but all the little stuff she wanted to rent and try was out of ammo, told me about it and I said: "My wife and I can fix that.". . .

. . .fast forward to last weekend, met her at Manteca Sportsmen and started with all the first time basic stuff on the handgun range and she turned out to be a pretty good student. Paid attention, followed instructions, thought my wife's revolver (GP100 6" with small grips and ivory panels with rosebud-if you see that around Ripon say Hi, that's Mrs. Sniper)was beautiful, then on to the rifle range and was shocked when my wife told her that her little 10/22 with the laminated stock might be ruled as an assault rifle. She finished up with some rounds out of my Swede M96, K31, and Finn M39. Shot the last two with a "sissy coat" (rifle jacket) and did pretty well. Thought everyone was great, the rangemasters made a point of talking to her and everyone was real friendly. . .

. . .fast forward to last night at work, she's like a little kid and wanted to know again what she was shooting so she could tell everybody. Got home and told her daughter and her daughter was mad she couldn't go too. I said: "Anytime, it's not like we don't ever go to the range." Then she wanted to know about how much my wife's gun cost and what was involved with buying one and what kind of loads we were using (wadcutter, .38+P, and .357 mag). . .

Great day and one more convert, maybe two.

Changing hearts and minds, one at a time!

Last edited by sniper5; 04-23-2013 at 12:50 PM..
Old 05-04-2013, 8:45 AM

Glad to hear you are introduceing people to the world of guns correctly. To often theydon't have a good experience and dislike guns for a long Tim.
Old 05-13-2013, 6:19 PM

Thanks smitty88. We have not had a followup day because the schedules haven't meshed. When we were setting up the day I told her: "You know those youtube videos? The one where a bunch of guys hand one of their girlfriends a hand cannon and don't tell her about it and watch her hit herself in the head with the barrel and knock herself down while they're all laughing? WE'RE NOT DOING THAT!!"
Old 05-13-2013, 9:31 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Good job, OP!

-- John Wayne as Davy Crockett in The Alamo
Old 05-15-2013, 7:43 PM

Good job man. When I first started reading I thought it was gonna turn into a love triangle or wife swap orgy thing.
Old 05-19-2013, 8:03 PM

Isnt that the best I have changed 4 people this yr who have gone out bought guns and memberships to the local gun club! i love changing perception.

I too, Like you , like to whip out the 10/22and tell them its fixin to be called an ar.

very good job. I love these stories. i love to hear them, i love to make them. its important for us to be embassadors.