Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > L.A. Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 7:33 PM

Default Where is the NRA

Hi every one while every one is cheering our win today over the universal backround check where is the NRA , what are thy doing for us in california we are about to to be made felons for owning rifles with detachable magazines and another 40 somthing bills about to be enacted by the majoraty of democrate who hold the power in california where are they did i over look somthing what is your thoughts.
Old 04-17-2013, 7:37 PM
CGN Contributor

the NRA has lobbyists that work just in CA, they are busy trying to stop what they can. but with the dems having a super-majority, there isn't much the NRA can do to stop the anti-gunners.

Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

FrontSight Training Course certificates available $25, PM for details on them and other options.
No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 05-14-2013, 4:57 PM
Veteran Member

Just came back across this thread. I've seen this question several times about what the NRA is doing for CA. They actually brought a suit against an ammo registration law in S.F. among other things. Although the NRA is a powerful organization we can no longer rely solely on them to defend our rights for us. We need to defend our own rights, volunteer at Calguns and NRA booths, find out if our district assembly rep is pro or anti gun, write our reps and donate to both organizations when possible. If we are willing to defend our families we should be willing to defend our rights.

Last edited by 2nd Mass; 05-15-2013 at 10:12 PM..
Old 05-18-2013, 9:34 AM
In Memoriam
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

The NRA is very active in CA. As mentioned they have a dedicated lobbyist in Sacramento. Why don't we hear more about them here? We are behind enemy lines in CA, the tactics they use here are different than in most states. Anything they do here can draw a lot of attention, sometimes that's good, but often it's not. Their best strategy is often to work behind the scenes and keep a low profile.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:03 AM

I agree FastFinger. I have read a lot about what there doing and they are doing there best. But then again living in a democratic state there is not a whole lot we can really do. We just have to ensure that we are voicing our opinions to our district reps.