Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > L.A. Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 1:44 AM

Arrow What is the best gun show in or around Los Angeles?

Im looking to pickup some new mags for my XD. I heard the best place to get them is the local gun show. where is the best?
Old 04-30-2013, 12:28 AM
Veteran Member

There's only really one Gun Show in Los Angeles. Crossroads of the West. Closest locations they hold their gun shows would be Ontario, OC Fairgrounds or Del Mar Fairgrounds.

Factor in the cost of parking and admission it might be cheaper to get the mags online or from a local store.

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. The dreams will come to you." - Randy Paush, Carnegie Mellon University

Old 04-30-2013, 12:53 AM

Ontario gun show is this weekend. It's worth going if you have never been to one. Don't expect to save a lot of cash and enjoy it for what it is.
Old 04-30-2013, 1:34 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

How does the Ontario show compare to the Glendale and/or Ventura shows?
Old 04-30-2013, 1:51 AM
Veteran Member

Well for one, it's still on. No more Glendale Gun Show. City banned it.

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. The dreams will come to you." - Randy Paush, Carnegie Mellon University

Old 04-30-2013, 3:14 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky-Ray View Post
Well for one, it's still on. No more Glendale Gun Show. City banned it.
Yes and no (hopefully)....Spoke to a regular vendor at the Ventura gun show this weekend who said that the owner is looking for private property to run the show and there is a good chance the next scheduled one could still happen at one location or another.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:41 PM
Veteran Member

Glendale used to be a waste, 3 gun vendors and lots of trinkets. The last one had more gun vendors and firearms accessories but everything at or above current market price.

Ontario has always been decent for me and is close enough to go every time.

Costa Mesa is the biggest of the three near LA. Decent for a gun show just a little out of the way.

Btw, I hope it's true the Glendale show finds a spot. City loses revenue and show stays open, win/win! I had also heard there will likely be a suit filed against the City to repeal the law.
Old 05-13-2013, 1:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd Mass View Post
Glendale used to be a waste, 3 gun vendors and lots of trinkets. The last one had more gun vendors and firearms accessories but everything at or above current market price.

Ontario has always been decent for me and is close enough to go every time.

Costa Mesa is the biggest of the three near LA. Decent for a gun show just a little out of the way.

Btw, I hope it's true the Glendale show finds a spot. City loses revenue and show stays open, win/win! I had also heard there will likely be a suit filed against the City to repeal the law.
It wasn't a law, they just decided not to lease out the civic center to them anymore. Not sure if they can find a venue sizable enough for another show.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmbrdilos View Post
It wasn't a law, they just decided not to lease out the civic center to them anymore. Not sure if they can find a venue sizable enough for another show.
There are in fact constitutional complaints you can bring against the city for discriminating against gun show organizers. However, this *is* California and the Ninth Circuit (either 1st or 2nd place for most overturned circuit in the nation depending on who you ask), and our judges tend to pick and choose which amendments "deserve" being upheld.