Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 05-11-2013, 9:15 PM

Default Hey Kimber 1911 Lovers

Id like to get a few opinions on the Compact Stainless ii. If any of you have some opinions on it i would appreciate it. Also would like to know what some of you guys paid for it. MSRP is just over $1,000
Old 05-11-2013, 9:26 PM

I recently picked up a Kimber CDP Ultra II Custom Shop, and it is amazing. The trigger is one of the best I have ever felt even when compared to my full size Springfield Trophy match. Very accurate, lightweight, & compact for a 1911

The only thing I added was an extended Wilson Combat Slide Stop (it is not thicker) it is only longer from front to back. The Wilson grooves on the extended slide stop work better IMO.

I'd say you'll be very pleased with it! Go for it!
Old 05-12-2013, 12:15 AM

I have a tactical custom 2. What I will say is with the compact and the tactical they are both aluminum frame so if you're looking to put a ton of rounds down range you may want something with a steel frame, but for carry its nice that theyre lighter. Also the regular compact doesn't have night sights.

It's really just what features you want. I wouldn't let the Kimber haters sway you. Mines been fantastic and their customer service was great for me on the one small issue I did have. Is it as nice as my Springfield TRP? No, but also cost less...so I don't really put them in the same catagory. Plus they serve different purposes.
Old 05-12-2013, 4:43 AM
Veteran Member

Thumbs up Nice

I think the Compact Stainless is close to the Custom II. A little shorter , lighter and the frames aluminum instead of steel. Other than that it's pretty close to what I run. To be honest that is probably a nice piece for old 1911 fans to use as a CCW weapon. I carry a Bone stock Custom II + the VZ Operator 2 in Zebra. I also use it in IDPA and love it. The custom II's run around $800. I paid $649 for mine because they were just trying to get rid of some that were in stock at Wild Sports in orangevale,CA. For yours anywhere between $700-$800 I would guess. For people that like the old school 1911 with just a touch of the new world the Kimbers will fit right into that niche. If you were to get the Stainless I think you will love it. Only things it needs is some nice sights like the XS or heine straight 8's. Here's the Custom II with the Operator II's and the last is her brand new.

George Orwell

http://www.AnySoldier.com

Last edited by negolien; 05-12-2013 at 4:45 AM.. Reason: spelling