Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2013, 8:46 PM
Veteran Member

Default just reminded why i miss turners in corona

Well, I lived in riverside last year, so I visited corona turners often. Always had good experiences!

Moved to ontario this year, and our turners (san berdoo) just wasnt the same. I was reminded today of that!!

While checking out (12 gauge, barrel clamp, backpack, snap caps) i asked if the backpack sale i missed is going to be back soon- i work during store hours, so I didn't have a chance to stop by. Well, here comes a manager with the backpacks "which one would you like?"

Thank you turners corona!!! I will happily go out of my way to visit you from now on.
Old 05-05-2013, 8:59 PM
Calguns Addict

I was at the corona store today.....pretty much bare. Had a few boxes of 556 Ball ammo with a sign that said "1 box limit". Couple boxes of boolits, few reloading supplies. A few AR style rifles, some with tags that said "will be banned". Pretty sad

NRA Endowment Life Member
CRPA 5 yr Member

"...which from their verbosity, their endless tautologies, their involutions of case within case, and parenthesis within parenthesis, and their multiplied efforts at certainty by saids and aforesaids, by ors and by ands, to make them more plain, do really render them more perplexed and incomprehensible, not only to common readers, but to lawyers themselves. " - Thomas Jefferson
Old 05-05-2013, 9:18 PM
Veteran Member

Store can't help it if they can't get it buddy. Pretty sad you didn't prepare for this day after voting obama in. I had a good experience.
Old 05-05-2013, 9:22 PM
Calguns Addict

I wasn't knocking the service there chief, although since they moved the store from riverside yrsssss ago it sucks to have to drive further.

CRPA 5 yr Member

"...which from their verbosity, their endless tautologies, their involutions of case within case, and parenthesis within parenthesis, and their multiplied efforts at certainty by saids and aforesaids, by ors and by ands, to make them more plain, do really render them more perplexed and incomprehensible, not only to common readers, but to lawyers themselves. " - Thomas Jefferson
Old 05-05-2013, 9:25 PM
Veteran Member

Oh okay! I just thought you jumped to be a debbie downer sorry dude! Yeah, this sucks for us man. Azusa had alot of ammo, reloads packs of 50.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWalt View Post
I was at the corona store today.....pretty much bare. Had a few boxes of 556 Ball ammo with a sign that said "1 box limit". Couple boxes of boolits, few reloading supplies. A few AR style rifles, some with tags that said "will be banned". Pretty sad
Wow!! Trying to fuel panic buying much?!?!
Awesome job turners.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:18 PM

Money money money. Turner's has a crappy new sales tactic for all its new ARs. An overpriced optic which you must purchase when buying any new AR. Shysters...

www.jesseshunting.com Great stuff
Old 05-06-2013, 1:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorRichRichard View Post
Money money money. Turner's has a crappy new sales tactic for all its new ARs. An overpriced optic which you must purchase when buying any new AR. Shysters...
Turners used to be a great store pre-panic. Now, not as much. I'll still shop them when they have decent prices on stuff.
Old 05-06-2013, 4:16 PM

turners is the only store where you go in and they tell you modern sporting riffles are banned Torrance has said it plenty of times even will argue about it they are full of fud. the other thing Torrance is good for saying they have something in stock to show up 5 minutes later to say sorry they all sold out. and calling another turners to find it in stock. always seem to have to goto another rancho cucamunga turners to buy the same gun they should be able to get transferred.
so between the anti-gun lies spouting out their mouths and lack of customer service says it all.
Old 05-06-2013, 9:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorRichRichard View Post
You may want to check back there. Plenty of AR's in stock at the Chino Hills store and none of them except the one in the ad had an optic on them. I was there today and I saw Delton, S&W's, LMTs, Franklin Armorys, and some Sig Sauers. They even told me they had some S&W stripped Lowers in stock for 160ish. All sounds good to me with no "overpriced optic".
Old 05-07-2013, 9:32 AM

Deep- I don't care what thier add says. I been in both the Berdoo and Rancho store within the last week. All ARs were requiring purchase of an Optic.

www.jesseshunting.com Great stuff
Old 05-07-2013, 10:03 AM

I was at turners in norwalk when th phone rang the employer answered and put it on speaker a customer asked for a certain product the employee preceded to say that such item was in the boxes in the basement and hasnt been stocked yet the customer said thats store doesnt have a basement i used to work there then the employee hung up the phone
Old 05-07-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JESSCLOKES View Post
I was at turners in norwalk when th phone rang the employer answered and put it on speaker a customer asked for a certain product the employee preceded to say that such item was in the boxes in the basement and hasnt been stocked yet the customer said thats store doesnt have a basement i used to work there then the employee hung up the phone
Bwahahahahahahaha!!!

In the basement!!! This is why I love turners.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:33 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWalt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut232 View Post
Wow!! Trying to fuel panic buying much?!?!
Awesome job turners.
Wow. Ya'll some whiners. I went in yesterday and the tag was specifically to bring attention to the new bill showing what COULD be banned and also had flyers for it. Yeah, shame on you Turners for being active and educating customers.
How many people have YOU two educated on SB374 as opposed to Turners?
Old 05-10-2013, 8:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog5150 View Post
Wow. Ya'll some whiners. I went in yesterday and the tag was specifically to bring attention to the new bill showing what COULD be banned and also had flyers for it. Yeah, shame on you Turners for being active and educating customers.
No no no no no.

There's a difference between being proactive and educating vs. spreading fud
to make a sale. When the guys at the counter are saying to " get them before they're banned. ", and telling customers that things are " in the basement." Is just poor customer service. So, yeah like you said. Shame on you turners.
Old 05-10-2013, 9:51 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Thank you.

We are spending a ton of time and $ working to fight what we all are facing in Sacramento. But in the end, we can only cast 300 votes in an election or make 300 phone calls- one per every employee.

Obviously 100K Calgunners, many times that number of NRA members, the 10K plus people who follow us on FB and Twitter (who then reach 200K+ people/week through shares and RT) can all do a lot more to help our shooting community fight this stuff off.

In the 42 years Turner's has been in business, every legislative challenge has revealed some unfortunate patterns- voter non-participation by folks calling themselves gun owners, lack of awareness of what the threat is, the "I bought mine already, what do I care?" attitude, and panic buying on behalf of the unaware public that puts incredible strain on the supply chain.

While we have come to expect all of these things, we are doing everything we can to jump in and help as we always have.

So, we're not exactly sorry for letting folks know what a bill like SB-374 is capable of doing; we hope it inspires folks to get involved. We are hardly concerned if someone calls it "fud"- that just helps everyone else know which category folks fit into.

18 Stores Located throughout SoCal
Oxnard | Reseda | Pasadena | West Covina
Torrance | Signal Hill | Fountain Valley
Norwalk | Orange | Chino Hills | Victorville
Rancho Cucamonga | San Bernardino | Corona
Temecula | San Marcos | Kearny Mesa
El Cajon | Lake Forest (Coming Soon)

Store Location Info

Shop online at www.turners.com

Holiday Flyer Sale and Black Friday Specials | Our Weekly Ad | Current Closeout Firearm List
Old 05-10-2013, 11:20 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Did I say "Turners Corona is sad"? Did I complain about prices? Did I say the tags were stupid? I simple stated facts about the Corona store, if thats whining, your definition is much different than mine. Turners is going through what every LGS is going through right now, lack of stock. Unless you really understand business, you wouldn't understand what that means. All business depend on cash flow to pay all its obligations and service its debt. When a store can not restock items it sales, it loses sales and therefore revenue (ie cash flow). If that goes on too long they will have to close up shop which would be a loss for everyone. There isn't much you can do other than raise prices on the stock you already have or future stock if you don't have much to sale. Those obligations (rent/leases, debt, utilities, payroll, etc) don't go away. I suppose adding an optic is adding value, therefore the ability to raise more revenue, but prices are already high for an AR so that might mean less sales. (If it were me I'd put a cheap red dot ($40) and charge an extra $120(or less). An expensive one just moves it further out of the customers reach/price point. But then again, you might not get another in a timely manner to restock the one you sold. Lots to consider). As far as me "spreading the word", my family and friends already know about the crap storm in Sacramento. They know whats going on and have for yrs and yrs. Whether or not they all have written or called, I can't tell you. But I know a few have taken steps. So, where is this whining?

CRPA 5 yr Member

Last edited by SWalt; 05-10-2013 at 11:22 AM..
Old 05-10-2013, 6:10 PM
Veteran Member

You all are super gay. :/ stole my thread.
Old 05-10-2013, 7:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turner's Outdoorsman View Post
So, we're not exactly sorry for letting folks know what a bill like SB-374 is capable of doing; we hope it inspires folks to get involved. We are hardly concerned if someone calls it "fud"- that just helps everyone else know which category folks fit into.
Does the Norwalk location have a basement? If not why would your employee lie to a customer? AR lowers are not required to have a bullet button installed unless they have an upper attached to them that is chambered in a center fire cartridge, if they were other LGS wouldn't risk their FFL selling them. So why does your staff claim they are illegal and refuse to do PPT?
This seems like your staff either doesn't really care about your customers or they are not as educated as they should be. Either way fud.

Sorry fifer
Old 05-10-2013, 8:34 PM

Thumbs up

I'm with ya fifer! Corona has been very good to me. Very informative, helpful, and have been going out of their way for me for quite a while now. Thank you Turner's Corona. I appreciate it!