Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 05-08-2013, 3:44 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Default Observations of my LTC renewal class

I took my renewal class last night for my LTC from Powers Firearms Training here in Bakersfield. Craig Powers taught the class and did an excellent job as always. His classes present a good review of the laws and regulations behind carrying a concealed weapon. Becky Powers was also there handling all the paperwork and correcting all the dumb errors that we all made on our forms so that things ran smoothly.

Half the class of 32 students were renewals and the other half were first timers getting their first 4 hours of training. There were at least 8 women in the classes which was good to see as I'm a strong proponent of women taking the responsibility for their protection into their own hands.

At the range, it was painfully obvious that some people need to practice shooting more than they do. Craig and Becky offer shooting classes to train people in the fundamentals of shooting and I would strongly recommend that casual shooters take advantage of that, if possible.

One rifle, one planet - Holland's 375

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Fjold/member8325.png

Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF
Old 05-16-2013, 12:18 AM

I forgot, and I have been looking for this information... But, do we have to re-qualify once a year, or before our permit expires?

Thanks!
Old 05-16-2013, 12:25 AM

Nevermind, guys, I found the info I needed in some information posted by El Gato (http://www.calccw.com/Forums/county-...rn-county.html)! Thanks, El Gato, you are very helpful!

"Step#6 – Renewal
There is a step 6? But I have my permit? Yes, you have a permit that is valid for 2 years. You may renew your permit 30 days prior to the expiration date and you have to take another class in order to renew the permit. The renewal class is an update on the law, the moral and legal aspects of firearms use in self defense, a qualification course with the firearm and a general firearms safety brief. The State of California has made this renewal class a law. This is not optional. The Sheriff cannot renew your permit until you have completed a minimum of four hours of update training. This class cannot, as a function of law, be less than four hours and the Sheriff of Kern County will only accept a class that was taken 60 days prior to the expiration of your permit.

Article Authored By El Gato

Edited by mark

Finalized by Dresden"
Old 05-16-2013, 7:13 AM

Does anyone have any information about the renewal process for San Joaquin Co?