Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 04-15-2013, 7:59 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLEONARD13 View Post
Well right now I'm at 8 1/2 weeks.

I emailed them on the 5th and they said they were working orders from 2/6/13

Their quality better be 110% otherwise I'll be moving onto White Hat or others that have been mentioned.
Come to Sacto. I'll take you to Wild Bill's in Elk Grove. We'll fit you out with a king tuck off the rack, go to the range, shoot, have lunch and get you home for dinner. Later, you can cancel your order.

JR
Old 04-16-2013, 11:28 AM

Well 9 weeks to the day I finally got my supertuck, its comfortable and it conceals my XD service model well, now if I can just get my issuance appointment with Sac County I can wear it everyday.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:15 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Well 9 weeks to the day I finally got my supertuck, its comfortable and it conceals my XD service model well, now if I can just get my issuance appointment with Sac County I can wear it everyday.
You likely find it creaks when you wear it, assuming its hire hide. A liberal application of mink oil will help with that issue. I would start wearing it around the house and start breaking it in.
***EDIT***
You'd think I was drunk when I typed in the above, but I wasn't.

You will likely find it creaks when you wear it, assuming it's horsehide.

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."
Edward Everett Hale

Last edited by drdarrin@sbcglobal.net; 04-16-2013 at 6:38 PM.. Reason: clarity
Old 04-16-2013, 12:41 PM

+1 to what drdarrin said. Both of my horsehide CB's creak! Especially in a quiet room.

copied this from XDtalk:
Quote:
Kiwi Leather lotion if its cowhide. Neetsfoot oil if its horsehide.
Apply liberally to the front side only.

Sometimes a felt tab on the back of the belt clips where the contact the leather back can work wonders too

-Mark Craighead
Owner/Founder--CrossBreed Holsters LLC

Matthew Jackson Miller: 8-6-07 to 10-15-07
Old 04-16-2013, 1:01 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Not trying to rub it in, but received all items that I have ordered and my friends have received theirs as well. I wish White Hat would also make belts. I waited 7 weeks for my belt from CB.
"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" [Matt 28:19]

Old 04-16-2013, 6:26 PM
Cal Gunner for Life!
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default Congrats....

Quote:
I've been watching this thread since it started.
Glad to see that you have received your holster.
I have three different Super-Tucks that I've had for several years. I WILL be ordering more from CROSSBREED, they ARE that good. Yes, there is a considerable wait, that's fine, for me as well as anybody that wears IWB all the time it's well worth it, as you'll find out.
Are they the only ones with a fine product? No, probably not. Me, I'm not going anywhere else, and I've got to wait in line just like everybody else.

They ARE well worth the wait, just like all good things in life!

Read the instructions that came with your holster, lots of experience is reflected
there i.e.start with the baby powder, stay AWAY from the "mink oil".

Congratulations and good shooting, I'll see 'ya out at the range.

Old 04-16-2013, 9:04 PM

Mink oil, no mink oil, baby powder, neatsfoot oil, saddle soap what should I do?. I did end up using some baseball glove conditioner on the front and only because I already had it lying around. It still squeaks though, anybody have ideas, it is horsehide by the way.
Old 04-16-2013, 9:15 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Mink oil, no mink oil, baby powder, neatsfoot oil, saddle soap what should I do?. I did end up using some baseball glove conditioner on the front and only because I already had it lying around. It still squeaks though, anybody have ideas, it is horsehide by the way.
I coated the beejeessuuus out of mine in Mink Oil, and warmed it up with a blow dryer to rub more in heavy and thick. Wore it around the house and every night before bed I'd lay on a heavy coat and would rub off the excess the next morning and do it again.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:01 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I have worn both and so have others that I know. No real difference in material, kydex, clips etc and quality - as a matter of fact, you really cannot tell the differnce in material etc. Weapon retention and weight distribution the same.

I chose White Hat because I did not want to puchase multiple holsters and really wanted to be able to exchange the Kydex - so I have one Horsehide holster that is broke in well and I can change weapons in just a couple of minutes. Works well for me.... With White Hat you also have to option of customizing the kydex with colors, patterns and graphics - not something that I needed but my frined really wanted the American Flag and he loves his hoslter. Cross Bread does not offer this option. White Hat does not make belts, so I ordered one from CB which is a great product.
"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" [Matt 28:19]

Old 04-17-2013, 9:54 AM

Ordered a supertuck from crossbreed seconds last week received it on Monday. Not a scratch on it and saved $35 heck of a deal with minimal wait.
Old 04-20-2013, 5:08 AM

Quote:
Anyone order anything from crossbreed lately? I ordered a super tuck deluxe and a belt, and they pushed back the shipping times 4 weeks!!!

Looks like I won't have it for my 16hr class with LFI guns.
Ordered a super tuck on Feb 15th, still waiting
Old 04-20-2013, 10:57 AM

Its just a piece of leather, Kydex, and 2 clips. You can make one under $20
Old 05-04-2013, 11:00 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I ordered my CB holster on 2/22 and just received an update that it was shipped on 5/3. In the meantime i ordered a second similar holster for another gun from butschers leather last week and it has already shipped. I read good reviews on it and it was only $54 shipped. Here is their link http://www.butschersleather.com/products/ordering
Old 05-20-2013, 6:03 PM

I have a Crossbreed and it's nice. I just bought another holster but didn't go with them this time. This guy is cheaper and he only accepts one weeks of orders at a time (Mondays). It's pretty much a Crossbreed at half the cost and I got it in less than two weeks. No complaints! Check him out a ozarksholstercompany.com
Old 05-20-2013, 7:23 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I have 3 Crossbreeds. Love them all, super and mini tucks. Going to try a Sneaky Pete for the Shield, when my wife makes me tuck in my shirt.