Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Rimfire Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rimfire Firearms .22, .17 and other Rimfire Handguns and Rifles

Old 04-30-2013, 2:15 PM

Default AX556 Lower

Has anybody used the AX556 (which is a new lower built for military contract specs) as a lower for a .22lr upper. I'm interested in the DPMS bull barrel .22lr upper. In particular has anybody put a DPMS or CMMG or other .22lr upper on an AX556.

The reason I'm going along these lines is that I won't have to keep a bullet button installed if I'm keeping a .22lr upper on the gun. All you bullet button buffs can tell me if this is lawful. Thanks for the help guys. --

Last edited by aarondomin; 05-06-2013 at 4:58 PM.. Reason: new information
Old 05-02-2013, 8:58 AM

As long as you have a Rimfire upper installed, you do not need a bullet button.
Old 05-02-2013, 9:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarondomin View Post
Has anybody used the AX556 (which is an amazing new lower built for military contract)
Does your uncle sell the AX lowers you keep starting threads about? Call me crazy but this thread as well as the other one you started (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...4#post11233914) really seem like a sales pitch dude.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:57 PM

motox917, you obviously aren't following the other posting very closely. If you were you'd see that I very clearly state that I'm not selling or associated with the company in any way, neither is my family! As you can see from the tone of the thread, it's a discussion about what lowers people like. Who is having problems with what (this is the other AX556 posting I'm referring to here) I am considering the AX556 as a lower for a .22lr upper build and it seems to be a good receiver with excellent functionality,....(what I want anyway). So far almost everyone else thinks it's crap, but really I don't think they know anything about it, and have probably never manipulated it's controls or fired from it.

The reason for the second posting here is this - I'm interested to know if anybody has used this lower on a .22lr upper build, I'm thinking a dpms. I know that dpms like all the other .22lr uppers (decent ones anyway) say that it will fit any mil spec lower. The AX556 is a milspec lower, but it's a little different as you may or may not know and so there is concern as to it's compatibility. To be perfectly frank I'm hoping someone can alleviate that concern, i.e......I'm waiting for someone to say "dude, I've got a .22lr cmmg or dpms or whatever on top of the AX556.

Do you have anything to add or just another nay sayer?
Old 05-03-2013, 1:10 PM
Veteran Member

Maybe people are just tired of all yours threads and posts about this lower.

A lower is a lower if its mil-spec. Its not going to fit any different. Your only getting those extra ambi features with the one you keep starting threads about, so not sure why so many threads. Buy one already.

"I work, therefore I am."

Last edited by xxINKxx; 05-03-2013 at 1:17 PM..
Old 05-03-2013, 1:30 PM

Default AX556

xxINKxx, a lower is not a lower, they're built with different tooling, with different metals and have different finishes, in some cases (as is the case with the AX556) have different functionality, and let's not forget the price tags. They're not all the same, that's just the easy, I'm set in my ways answer.

I'm surprised at the amount of resistance to two posts. I'm just looking for help/answers. If you're only here to call me out for writing two (that's 1 and another 1 for a total of 2) postings find something better to do. I thought this was about sharing information....looks like you just want to squabble?

To keep this on track,.....I'm interested to know if anybody is running a .22lr upper on an AX556. In particular I'm interested in the Tactical Solutions upper. If you can't leave constructive feedback, please don't leave any at all xxINKxx. If you're tired of my thread, stop visiting it!

Last edited by aarondomin; 05-03-2013 at 1:36 PM.. Reason: Wasn't finished
Old 05-03-2013, 2:20 PM
Veteran Member

Cool.. different material, plastic, aluminum, billet, the tools they build it with...It's still a lower with some cool ambidextrious features and will fit the same. What do you want to know? Not gunna be any different the a 80$ lower other then those added ambi features.

Rimfire you don't need a mag lock as its exempt from AW laws. Only needs to be 16" barrel and 30" oal. Buy it install it, go shoot. Also read up on the flow chart to understand the laws.

You do realize all the bolt hold features won't work on a 22lr bolt. So that's alot of wasted money right there for the ax556 on a 22lr upper

Last edited by xxINKxx; 05-03-2013 at 2:56 PM..
Old 05-03-2013, 3:27 PM

xxINKxx

I find it hard to believe you're a senior member. It is much different than an $80 lower. I guess you didn't read the other threads very closely (if at all) otherwise you would have seen the gentleman's experience with a Franklin armory lower.

"Rimfire, don't need a mag lock" already answered by another member above, please actually read the thread if you insist upon being here.

"Only needs to be 16" barrel and 30" oal. Buy it install it, go shoot." you say above. I have no idea what you're talking about.

If you can't spell or write, maybe you should just stick to reading until you can communicate effectively, you obviously still need to practice reading. Writing - Here's you "Not gunna be any different the a 80$ lower other then those added ambi features"...A friendly suggestion,.... proofread what you've written if you insist upon writing so what you've written makes sense to other members. If we can't understand you, your time has been wasted, and more importantly, our time has been wasted.

Lastly if you don't have anything to offer, as I suggested above....go away, please!

Last edited by aarondomin; 05-03-2013 at 3:31 PM.. Reason: corrections
Old 05-03-2013, 5:10 PM

Quote:
xxINKxx

I find it hard to believe you're a senior member. It is much different than an $80 lower. I guess you didn't read the other threads very closely (if at all) otherwise you would have seen the gentleman's experience with a Franklin armory lower.

"Rimfire, don't need a mag lock" already answered by another member above, please actually read the thread if you insist upon being here.

"Only needs to be 16" barrel and 30" oal. Buy it install it, go shoot." you say above. I have no idea what you're talking about.

If you can't spell or write, maybe you should just stick to reading until you can communicate effectively, you obviously still need to practice reading. Writing - Here's you "Not gunna be any different the a 80$ lower other then those added ambi features"...A friendly suggestion,.... proofread what you've written if you insist upon writing so what you've written makes sense to other members. If we can't understand you, your time has been wasted, and more importantly, our time has been wasted.

Lastly if you don't have anything to offer, as I suggested above....go away, please!
What the hell?
All your questions were answered in the other thread and in this one.
You asked for opinions on a lower that for whatever reason gives you a hard on... the opinion from those that responded are that the lower's auto-suck feature is on cheaper lowers too and the one you obsess over is overpriced for mil-spec.
You're planning on building out a 22... why blow your load on the lower?
And if you think you are skirting needing a mag lock because you have a 22 upper... you better not own another upper that would require a mag lock!

If you really don't know what "Only needs to be 16" barrel and 30" oal" means, don't buy any parts until you do.
Old 05-03-2013, 5:53 PM

Dpmax

No, all my questions weren't answered.
You didn't read everyone's responses obviously, as there was someone who was using the lower and really likes it, they didn't think it was a good "value" like I do,... but not everyone's reaction has been the same.

Perhaps you could help us out with what an "auto-suck feature" is? I'm not too proud to admit when I don't know something. In that vein, since I don't know what the other poster meant when he said "Only needs to be 16" barrel and 30" oal. Buy it install it, go shoot" and you do know he meant, please help the cg community (myself included obviously) by explaining what this means?

As far as I am aware there are NO other receivers that have the functionality that this one does. If you know of another manufacturer that does in fact build a receiver with these same features will you please mention it so I (as well as other calgunners) know who that other manufacturer is. As you can see very clearly, all of my questions have not been answered.

All uppers have appropriate lowers, I am not interested, nor have I ever been interested in skirting any state or federal laws, my intent is to understand these laws so that I remain within their boundaries.
Old 05-03-2013, 5:59 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
xxINKxx

Well oviously your so smart why do you continue making so many posts about this lower? What do you not understand about the lower??? All the info is posted right on the companys website! It's a lower with nice features like I said. I didn't say it was the exact same. Left and right bolt hold features won't even work on a 22, so right there part of the tacticool features your paying for won't work.

If you read up on the laws, 22lr needs to be 30" overal length. Since you don't know what that means the gun needs to be 30" total inches from collapsed buttstock to the end of the barrel. It also needs to have a 16" barrel.

Excuse my typing, I use a cell phone for all my interwebs...And senior member is only judged by post count. I'm sure you'll be a senior member by the end of the week once you start several more threads on this lower. But I'm sure that's already in the making.

And for someone to say I need to be reading up, I think you need to be reading up on stuff yourself Mr. I have no clue what 30" overal length and 16" barrel means.

Peace out, and good luck on searching for info on what's clearly posted or common sense.

Last edited by xxINKxx; 05-03-2013 at 6:09 PM..
Old 05-03-2013, 6:25 PM

I'm trying to understand how well it may or may not work for a .22lr build and it sounds like you've answered one of my questions about whether or not these features (all or some) may or may not work.

So I understand you correctly,....you're sure that the bolt hold features on this lower (AX556) will not work with any .22lr uppers, is that correct? May I ask, do you know someone who tried it and it didn't work? You've tried to build one yourself? Are you a machinist? Home builder? How do you come by this information if you don't mind disclosing.

Thank you for the explanation on length qualifiers for the rifle, and I have done my reading and have read those length qualifiers before, it's just hard sometimes to separate the chicken scratch from the stuff that does add up, especially if it's has typos and the sentence structure is poor. Thanks again for the simple explanation though, much appreciated.

Right, more threads in the making, and I'll be reading up on common sense.
I guess it would, more appropriately be.... "thanks for the information and the jab!" - lol

Last edited by aarondomin; 05-06-2013 at 4:43 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 05-06-2013, 4:47 PM

xxINKxx

Thanks again for the info on the .22lr bolt catches not working, this information has been confirmed (sorry for the sceptacism, but, as I said before...hard to separate the wheat from the chaff) and as far as I understand it the bolt catch on any ar15/m16/m4 rifle will not work for the purposes of holding a .22lr dedicated upper in the back and locked position.

Can anybody confirm that I have this correct,.....that the bolt hold/catch on a milspec m4 lower will not hold the bolt back on any of the .22lr dedicated uppers?

Last edited by aarondomin; 05-07-2013 at 10:11 AM..