Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 01-02-2013, 3:11 PM

Default Personal Choice Outfitters

Has anyone had any experience them? Ordered a couple mags that are not in demand almost a month ago, followed up with a couple emails and phone calls to a looped message and I've gotten nothing. I searched the forums but couldn't find anything. Time to dispute the charge? Thanks
Old 01-02-2013, 3:31 PM

No experience with them but if its been a month & no response to emails or pick up from calls then its time to do a chargeback. Seems there live chat is online.
Old 01-02-2013, 4:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayRyder View Post
No experience with them but if its been a month & no response to emails or pick up from calls then its time to do a chargeback. Seems there live chat is online.
Thanks, I will try their chat...seems weird that no one on here has used them. I guess that should have been a sign...
Old 01-02-2013, 4:57 PM

Live chat doesn't work...at least everyone else knows to avoid them now.
Old 01-02-2013, 5:02 PM

Sucks but atleast you can do a chargeback. On another note they do have nice models on the front page, lol.
Old 01-03-2013, 6:20 AM

On second look, I think it is the same woman in all the photos, just posing different...another bad sign
Old 01-03-2013, 6:43 AM

This is one place I go when ordering from a new company: http://www.bbb.org/central-northern-...-az-1000024216

The BBB ranks that company an "F" = FAIL!

"I believe in the Second Amendment. I believe in people's lawful right to bear arms. I will not take your shotgun away. I will not take your rifle away. I won't take your handgun away." - Barrack Hussein Obama, 2008 Presidential Campaign Speech

"It's a TRAP!" - Admiral Ackbar, Rebel Alliance
Old 01-03-2013, 6:43 AM

Ooops, DUPE!

"I believe in the Second Amendment. I believe in people's lawful right to bear arms. I will not take your shotgun away. I will not take your rifle away. I won't take your handgun away." - Barrack Hussein Obama, 2008 Presidential Campaign Speech

"It's a TRAP!" - Admiral Ackbar, Rebel Alliance
Old 01-03-2013, 10:04 AM

Thanks, I will have to start using that.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:05 AM

Sorry, dupe...the site has been wonky lately.

Last edited by Katch; 01-03-2013 at 10:07 AM..
Old 01-04-2013, 8:45 PM

fortunately I have a small order with them, that I placed 12/29.
as of today, no responses to my inquires email, phone or live chat.
wish I would have done a little more research about them prior to purchase.
seemed a little "too good to be true" regarding prices and availability.
I will update as soon as I find out more.
Old 01-05-2013, 8:05 AM

Sorry that you are in the same boat...if you make any progress, let us know.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:59 AM
Veteran Member

I just ordered from these guys .. was referred there by a friend who has done business with them before.. I was a little skeptical about them having items in stock.. being that their policy or disclaimer is :
Quote:
All items listed on www.personalchoiceoutfitters.com are catalog items. A listing of items does not mean the product is necessarily in stock with the PCO Intl store front. PCO Intl works with over 100 suppliers to obtain out of stock items in a timely manner. The images provided on the website are simply a representation of the listed product. PCO Intl obtains images from many sources and does not guarantee the product received will match identically to the image. It is up to the purchaser to verify the manufacturer number and specifications listed match the desired item they wish to purchase. At any time you may request through PCO Intl customer service by phone or email the availability of a product. The advisement of product availability is a real time quote. Prices and availability can change by the minute as we are continuously processing orders. The only way to secure an item when advised that it is available is to process an order at that moment via phone or online when speaking to a PCO Intl sales representative.
So we will see.... i didn't find this until after I already ordered...

checked out their FB page ??
-Edmund Burke
I'd much rather go to my grave never needing my gun, than go there wishing I had it.
- Phil Dalmolin

The Battle of Athens was illegal too.
Old 01-07-2013, 9:02 PM

Interesting FB.

Good luck, please post what happens, hopefully you have a better experience.
Old 01-08-2013, 5:42 PM

Default My experience with PCO

Orders placed nearly three months ago are still not fulfilled. They do not respond to emails or phone calls. The so-called "live chat" never worked. I cancelled an order on 11/30/12 and STILL have not received a refund. I finally had to dispute the charge. Items ordered nearly two months ago have not shipped. They are real quick in charging your card, but actually getting the merchandise is another story.

Bottom line is that your card will be charged right away. I've been to the Buckeye location. It is nothing more than a store front with a few small items. Most of what you order will then be ordered from the manufacturer, so there is no telling when you will get them. They do not have a real time inventory system online. That is why it appears that they have on hand what you order.

Communicating with them is simply not possible. Their phone system and website are abysmal. Yeah, they appear to have great prices. Problem is they don't stock anything.
Old 01-08-2013, 8:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNakedGunfighter View Post
Orders placed nearly three months ago are still not fulfilled. They do not respond to emails or phone calls. The so-called "live chat" never worked. I cancelled an order on 11/30/12 and STILL have not received a refund. I finally had to dispute the charge. Items ordered nearly two months ago have not shipped. They are real quick in charging your card, but actually getting the merchandise is another story.

Bottom line is that your card will be charged right away. I've been to the Buckeye location. It is nothing more than a store front with a few small items. Most of what you order will then be ordered from the manufacturer, so there is no telling when you will get them. They do not have a real time inventory system online. That is why it appears that they have on hand what you order.

Communicating with them is simply not possible. Their phone system and website are abysmal. Yeah, they appear to have great prices. Problem is they don't stock anything.
Good info. At least now, CGNrs will see this if they look.
Old 01-09-2013, 7:14 AM

I made the same mistake, ordered a reloading kit in December and was immediately charged but have recieved nothing, no kit, no email, nothing. I tried to call, but no one picks up, emailed, no response. If I knew how these people operate, even before the panic, I would never have bought from them. My advice is stay far far away from Personal Choice Outfitters.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:19 PM

I too ordered from PCO for $309. There phone doesn't work. It just gives you a message machine and if you try any of the options it says their mailbox is full and hangs up on you. Several emails, finally got a phone call and she told me that had just received a shipment (this was on a Thursday) and that she would get back to me by Tuesday. Yep, you guessed it...no communications since then. I put it all together, printed out my emails and sent it off to my credit card company. They must have believed me as less than a week later my account was credited. YMMV, but I would not do business with them.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:44 PM

this is a follow up-
well my bank said I needed to wait 14 days for results regarding the order.
my original order was placed Dec. 29, on Jan 22 my bank credited back my credit card and considered the issue closed.
I was never able to get in touch with PCO by phone or email regarding my order nor did they ever get back to me.
My recommendation is to NEVER do business with Personal Choice Outfitters

to all of you who placed an order with them, ...contact your bank and get a charge back to your credit card

Last edited by uh2oguy; 02-08-2013 at 10:47 PM..
Old 02-10-2013, 11:37 PM

I was so close on ordering some stuff from them... I learned my lesson on one of the vendors here. So I try and do research on any company I"m ordering from...
Old 03-14-2013, 3:22 PM
Veteran Member

I''m still waiting.. They have since added a disclaimer on their page.. and deleted a lot of FB posts.. which I find a little weird.. I'm just hoping they will come thru.. if not . I will drive to their office and pay them a visit.
-Edmund Burke
I'd much rather go to my grave never needing my gun, than go there wishing I had it.
- Phil Dalmolin

Old 04-25-2013, 3:54 AM

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/139...ware_____.html

Seems like their credit card processor shut them down. I'd still try to hammer them to get a refund. I have a $500 order with them, but looks like they were never able to put the charge through.
Old 04-28-2013, 4:09 PM
Calguns Addict

Thanks to Google I found this thread BEFORE ordering :-)

WTS: Gun stuff & things
Old 05-01-2013, 7:32 PM

Any one getting their orders, or is it the same story still!!!! They must be doing something, otherwise FBI will shut them down.

C&R collector Contact me Finn M39 or K98. Offer Russian SVT-40 date1942 Tula Trade for k98 Berlin-Lubecker- "237" 1940, and also "duv" 40 date.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:42 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by armenjs802 View Post
Any one getting their orders, or is it the same story still!!!! They must be doing something, otherwise FBI will shut them down.
I have a few backorders with them, but I am not being charged until the orders ship. They actually called me today with an update that everything is still on backorder. Worth a shot!
Old 06-12-2013, 12:22 PM
Veteran Member

Ordered 1-6-13
Shipped 6-12-13

I had almost givin up on these people.. hopefully it is a full complete shipment.

ETA:

SMH arrived today.. only had mag blockers in the package.. still missing more then half of my order...
-Edmund Burke
- Phil Dalmolin

Last edited by Ninety; 06-13-2013 at 8:59 PM..