Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 09-27-2012, 8:36 PM

well big john , the story is sad but I still havent recieved the difference how about a refund as discussed 2-3 months ago , I dont know if this is common issue with vendors but I think I'll hand it over to the C/C company if it isnt too late .
Old 10-03-2012, 11:02 AM

I'd call Paypal. I think you have 30 or 90 days. Your bank you have longer. Most issue a temp refund in 24hrs until it's settled. Last, you have small claims for $40. Once served, he will pay.

Honestly? Wasn't too impressed with vendors reply. More something you tell your buddy when you owe him for lunch than a business reply.

You guys have options. How important is the money to you factors in what option if any you choose. Good luck.
Old 10-03-2012, 9:03 PM

This really sucks all around... I hope those customers who were/are still left waiting for a refund/shipments get what they request and that Big John can get through whatever is going on in his life and maybe eventually get back into the business and do things right.

I was really planning on getting some more targets from him as my budget would allow but I guess I'll have to look elsewhere now.
Old 10-03-2012, 9:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman5669 View Post
Hello everyone. I am not surprised to see this thread, in fact it is well deserved criticism. I would like to thank the few who have said kind words, and to the two individuals out there who I owe product to. I would like to assure you that you will recieve your orders very soon. I have never cheated anyone out of anything and you will not be the first. I have been forced by a situation beyond my control (family, health, and work,)to close this business as I cannot currently handle the work load. The website is down, and as you can see my threads here on CG have not been bumped for quite some time. I regret that I was not able to leave under more favorable conditions, but such is life. For those of you that know me, you know what I have been going through, those of you who dont, well let's just say it's been rough. To all of you who have purchased targets from me over the years, thank you for your support and for your many kind words. I have enjoyed this experience.

Sincerely

Big John
Sorry for your problems and good luck to you. Thank you for the great communication, awesome product and prompt delivery.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coq View Post
Sorry for your problems and good luck to you. Thank you for the great communication, awesome product and prompt delivery.
Surprised to see a going away party when other current members were cheated and lied too out of their hard earned cash.

I really hope those cheated take the appropriate steps to get their money back.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:28 PM

Looks like another Jack Ross in the brew!
Old 10-09-2012, 2:06 AM

Uh, I just stumbled upon this thread looking for a video review of the hostage swinger target I purchased last week. The website is NOT down and my payment was taken via Google Checkout. I'm kind of upset that I didn't see this thread before, but I hope I can get my money back. Calling Big John first thing in the morning
Old 10-10-2012, 12:39 AM

Your first mistake was paypal.

If you had used a cc you could say 'cancel' and dispute the charge. Done deal.

Imagine trying to get cash back from paypal for a gun related purchase. Now that would be entertaining.
Old 01-29-2013, 8:37 PM

I missed this thread as well, and placed an order on his website in November. Now the end of January, and still hasn't been received. I emailed in december, and it was supposed to ship 'within the week'. Has anyone else received orders recently?
Old 03-18-2013, 10:01 PM

I have received my order in a timely manner. This now my third order with John,
CPR instructor
EMT-P
Old 04-22-2013, 11:52 AM

having the same problem placed my order in february. told it would be a two week turn around. here i am nearing the end of april and every time i contact him i am told it will ship next week. been told that 3 times now. definitely should have researched him a bit more before placing my order.
Old 04-22-2013, 3:56 PM

Yea, it was a pain in the butt, but I got my product and I love it. Wish it were an easier experience
Old 04-22-2013, 7:42 PM

well to be honest even if i do end up getting my product i highly doubt i would ever do business with them again. its just too frustrating to spend a significant amount of money and be toyed around with
Old 04-22-2013, 9:47 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

So not only is Big John a loser but a liar as well.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:04 PM
Veteran Member

I never buy expensive stuff via markplace, with the exception of AKfiles...there if u flake or do something iffy, ur BANNED...no ifs, but or why's...and ur IP# is tracked so you dont' re-register under another name...

for the CALGUNS marketplace, I just do FTF transactions and no exceptions
Old 04-23-2013, 12:37 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

ive bought 4 hostage takers and 1 dueling tree from john, although i didnt have them shipped. i drove to visalia and fresno and picked them up myself. great deal for the price and im still considering a couple more. too bad hes having problems....
Old 04-23-2013, 4:10 PM

well at this point regardless if i get my target or not and the quality i have been left with such a bitter taste in my mouth after dealing with this vendor that i would never do business nor recommend another do business with him again. the thing is i understand problems come up with health, work, family etc. however a company or vendor should not pass that problem onto the customer. if bigjohn would have told me from the beginning he was having problems and my order would be delayed 6 weeks i would have been upset but understood that things arise outside of our control. but when he doesnt contact me and i have to contact him time and time again in order to try and get some kind of update. and i he doesnt answer or return calls yet if you look at his account on calguns he is still actively posting firearms for sell you start to wonder what the hell is going on. maybe i am being naive in my thinking that a company or business should care about its customers and maybe its ridiculous to suggest that if you were to delay someones order for that long of a period to offer that customer some kind of compensation in order to show them that they are apologetic and still appreciate your business. because i know for a fact if the tables were turned and he were to send my order and i pay once i receive it, if i were to delay payment 6 weeks he would be upset. anyways i think i have ranted and raved enough for today.
Old 04-27-2013, 3:29 PM

This sounds familiar...
Old 04-28-2013, 9:48 AM

Bought a dueling tree from big John. Best price around for ar500 tree. Shipped same week as when I placed the order. Impressed with the quality. This was over a year ago. Good communication too.

Awesome overall experience.

Wonder what happen.