Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Rimfire Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rimfire Firearms .22, .17 and other Rimfire Handguns and Rifles

Old 04-22-2013, 5:24 PM

I have 20 years of ammo piled up, but that's not the point. Market my ***. This whole panic thing is going to drive away new shooters, and shooters without a whole lot of cash to spare. Less people = less support. Less support = loss of rights. The gun community is doing the brady's job for them.
Old 04-22-2013, 8:02 PM

10/22's are about to classified as AW's soon, so what's the f#cking point? .22 LR is a goner for sure now. Supposed to be cheap and easy. It is neither now, and for the future in California.
Old 04-22-2013, 8:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwood View Post
10/22's are about to classified as AW's soon, so what's the f#cking point? .22 LR is a goner for sure now. Supposed to be cheap and easy. It is neither now, and for the future in California.
I have 7 22LR's and only one is a 10/22. What makes you think if the 10/22 were to disappear that the popularity of the round would diminish?
The prices will normalize soon enough, but even at current prices it's more cost effective than shooting center fire.
Old 04-22-2013, 9:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermosabeach View Post
Trextracker-
If you can provide me with copies of the emails you have sent to politicians in the past three months on all of the new proposed gun ban legislation, I will send you 150 rounds for the cost of postage.

In other words- if you can show me how you have been supporting the cause, I will give you some ammo.

Sorry folks- offer to OP only.

PM me
Good only to the OP? DARN!
Old 04-22-2013, 9:29 PM
YOU are next!!
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermosabeach View Post
Trextracker-
If you can provide me with copies of the emails you have sent to politicians in the past three months on all of the new proposed gun ban legislation, I will send you 150 rounds for the cost of postage.

In other words- if you can show me how you have been supporting the cause, I will give you some ammo.

Sorry folks- offer to OP only.

PM me
Now that is a generous offer!
Old 04-22-2013, 9:42 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
You realize that the 10/22 isn't the only semi auto rimfire rifle around, right? Even if all of the ruger 10/22s vanished tomorrow, there are still tons of other .22lr rifles. I may have a few .22lr rifles, and the only 10/22 I have technically isn't even a 10/22. Stop with the chicken little sky is falling bit. Yes, it would suck if rimfire semi autos got banned, that's not going to make .22lr just vanish. Being worried about the crappy legislation is one thing, but you're taking it to a completely silly level.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:21 AM

Yeah, actually, I take that back. .22 LR is going to be a lot more accessible in California in the future, because a lot fewer people are going to buy it.
Old 04-23-2013, 8:47 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc1138 View Post
You realize that the 10/22 isn't the only semi auto rimfire rifle around, right? Even if all of the ruger 10/22s vanished tomorrow, there are still tons of other .22lr rifles. I may have a few .22lr rifles, and the only 10/22 I have technically isn't even a 10/22. Stop with the chicken little sky is falling bit. Yes, it would suck if rimfire semi autos got banned, that's not going to make .22lr just vanish. Being worried about the crappy legislation is one thing, but you're taking it to a completely silly level.
So you think the morons in Sac. are going to stop there and focus on something else? Think again.

"We keep you alive to serve this ship. Row well and live."

"Is that a desert country?" "No; a fat country; fat people." "You are not fat?" "No. I'm different..."
Old 04-23-2013, 10:46 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem1950 View Post
So you think the morons in Sac. are going to stop there and focus on something else? Think again.
Try reading what was actually posted. The entire point was that "omg banning the 10/22 means no more .22lr" in a thread about .22lr ammo is silly(especially since the bill isn't about banning the 10/22, and the 10/22 isn't the only semi auto). We don't need to bring up the idiotic legislation in every damn thread.
Old 04-24-2013, 5:27 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Even if you're right about 10-22s, 22lr ammo will still be in high demand. Out of the 40 or so .22s I own, I only own 3 10-22s. All my rimfires will still need ammo even if a few of them magically become AWs. Hell, I shoot more 50BMG and .223 now than before the various bans took affect. Why would you think .22lr would be any different?

Offering low cost private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.
Old 04-25-2013, 9:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophil2 View Post
OP you missed out by a month. I sold 30,000 rounds of .22lr at pre-panic prices in this sub forum.
yup, i was one of the newbies that benefited from audiophil's generosity, thanks again audiophil
Old 04-26-2013, 10:08 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Well, .22 pistols are still plentiful and not assaulty.

Every pistol range session starts with the 22/45 as a warm up before the larger (more expensive) calibers come out. Helps me acclimate to the sound of gunfire too.

I think there is a bolt action CZ .22 in my future as well.