Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 04-22-2013, 1:19 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedusa View Post
West San Gabriel Valley.

As for charges? To me there is no point to fight with an idiot. Not only he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Then why call the police? Isn't it accurate to say that all they did was waste their time and get no result? If the police are called and make the effort shouldn't there be follow through on your part?
Old 04-22-2013, 1:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKings22 View Post
Someone needs to put a NRA sticker on his bumper and see how long he goes before he notices.

Sad part is if you did anything to defend your self, for example giving him a well deserved beat down. It will make the break news or at least yahoo news "NRA Life member beats down civilian over road rage"
Might be better to let him beath YOU down if it happens. You're not a liberal, so you'll go straight to jail for using violence even in self-defense. Plus then the only possible headline is that you got beat by a lliberal for your views....which will never make the news because it doesn't play well, but you don't hurt the cause....

Blog: armedlamb.com

Twitter: armedlamb

Facebook: Armedlamb

It's a little known fact that the phrase "Molon Labe" is in fact ancient Greek for "Suck it, Dianne Feinstein."
Old 04-22-2013, 2:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfletcher View Post
Then why call the police? Isn't it accurate to say that all they did was waste their time and get no result? If the police are called and make the effort shouldn't there be follow through on your part?
I have to agree with the above -this was criminal activity that ocurred here. You SHOULD press charges.
Madison Society Life Member
CRPA Life Member
Old 04-22-2013, 3:00 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAReact View Post
I have to agree with the above -this was criminal activity that ocurred here. You SHOULD press charges.
The only reason I can see why it would be questionable is the 'your word against his'. So I wonder how hard it would be to prosecute?

If you had dash cam footage or a witness, then hopefully it would be an open and shut case.
WTB: multiautomatic ghost gun with a .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Must include shoulder thing that goes up. Memberships/Affiliations: CERT, ARRL ARES, NRA Patron Member, HRC, CGN/CGSSA, Cal-FFL
Old 04-22-2013, 4:49 PM
Dirt Farmer
CGN Contributor

I got "profiled" this afternoon due to an NRA sticker and thought of this thread. I drove my old beater truck to work today as my wife needed the car. My pickup has an NRA sticker in the lower right corner of the back window.

I've had the truck for about a year and a half. It actually had the sun-faded remains of an old NRA sticker in the same place when I got it, but I recently replaced it with a new one.

As I was headed to the bank to get some cash for an errand, I noticed a silver Honda sedan hanging in my blind spot to the right rear. I don't like it when drivers do this, as this truck tends to bounce around due to being heavily sprung and the mirrors suck. I sped up a bit and slowed down a bit, but the Honda remained glued to that spot.

As I approached a red light, I noticed the Honda had moved into the left turn lane and rolled up next to my driver side window. A car full of women. I was minding my own business waiting for the light to change, but as the left turn light went green, the windows on the Honda went down and as the old GMC has neither A/C or a radio, it was easy to hear what was shouted as they turned left and exited the intersection.

"NRA murderer!", and a shrill voice from the back seat..."baby killer!"

I can say I was bit shocked, but not really surprised. I shook my head and went about my business. The sticker is not coming off.
Old 04-22-2013, 4:54 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch3 View Post

I can say I was bit shocked, but not really surprised. I shook my head and went about my business. The sticker is not coming off.
There is a concerted campaign in the legislature and the media (largely liberal and anti-gun) to drive hunters and other gun owners out of California. It's a sad state of affairs when liberals, so strident in defense of the rights of so many minorities, turns it's back on the hunting and gun owner minority that vast majority of who are lawful and always will be and just mind their own business.

ó
Not wasting any more time and energy tilting, Don Quixote-like, on a regulatory problem that, constitutionally, should not even exist in a free state.
I cannot change the world unlike my hero Samuel Adamsóbut I can change my place in it.
Gone fishin' for now and soon gone from California.
Old 04-22-2013, 5:35 PM
Dirt Farmer
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by advocatusdiaboli View Post
There is a concerted campaign in the legislature and the media (largely liberal and anti-gun) to drive hunters and other gun owners out of California. It's a sad state of affairs when liberals, so strident in defense of the rights of so many minorities, turns it's back on the hunting and gun owner minority that vast majority of who are lawful and always will be and just mind their own business.
I just have to wonder, will there be some point when these people will be wallowing in the mess they have themselves created and suddenly realize the error of their ways?

It seems doubtful, but one can hope.
Old 04-22-2013, 5:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrix View Post
Put your NRA sticker next to your Obama 2012 sticker and watch all the Libs' heads explode from group-think overload.
LMFAO!!!!!!
Old 04-22-2013, 5:57 PM

You should try having an atheist sticker on your car. You'd think I was Satan himself. I don't think Jesus would approve of 99% of how people react.
Old 04-22-2013, 6:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjpsb1 View Post
You should try having an atheist sticker on your car. You'd think I was Satan himself. I don't think Jesus would approve of 99% of how people react.
I've heard about this for many years....

I know a lot of pagans and athiests.

Unfortunately OP, i have to agree with the others. If you bothered to report it to the LE, and they found him, press charges.

Let them "teach him a lesson" so it wont happen to any of the rest of us.

Last edited by postal; 04-22-2013 at 6:33 PM..
Old 04-22-2013, 9:34 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD4LIFE View Post
People don't **** with me because I drive an F-350 4 door long bed diesel that's a helluva lot bigger and faster than what ever POS they drive.
Just keep thinking your F350 will keep people from doing stupid things......Sure it will.

I had some idiot try and swoop and squat me in a loaded big rig truck...The only thing that saved me was I saw them setting me up and by the time they made their move I was already braking....Once it failed they speed off..

...... you cant have no idea how little I care "

Monte (Tom Selleck) - 'Monte Walsh'

"It's not always being fast or even accurate that counts, it's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger--and I won't."

John Wayne as John Bernard (J. B.) Books in The Shootist
Old 04-22-2013, 9:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkbad View Post
I never put stickers on my vehicles. I don't want to identify myself to other people on the road. Let's say that somebody likes you because of a sticker, so what then? Do you pull over and have a tea party? I've heard a few NRA members in this forum say they've had problems because of NRA stickers on their vehicle. It's risky to display them.
Solution: put the NRA stickers on the bumpers of anti-gunners' cars. That and replace one of their lug nuts on each wheel with a locking nut, and keep the key.
Old 04-22-2013, 9:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jida View Post
Don't do you or them the disservice by giving them a label that is supposed to be tied to a cause or initiative.

There is a kind of person that has lived all throughout the ages. They do not and are not born with a known sense of direction or purpose. They do gravitate however to whatever the common or popular modes are and cling to these with abnormal passion.

This is due to their lack of self generated purpose. They only have what they were given.

These are the zealots, the followers and the most dangerous of us.

So they are not liberals or conservatives or religious nuts or pious warriors,... they are just empty husks of artificially stuffed echo multipliers who are just as happy burning witches as they would be running you off the road.

well said! there is allot of truth in this.

More armed citizens = Quicker response times, less victims.
Less armed citizens = more victims

Guns should only be surrendered one bullet at a time.
Old 04-22-2013, 9:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrix View Post
Put your NRA sticker next to your Obama 2012 sticker and watch all the Libs' heads explode from group-think overload.
OMG that is genius!!!!!!

Old 04-23-2013, 4:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol View Post
Solution: put the NRA stickers on the bumpers of anti-gunners' cars. That and replace one of their lug nuts on each wheel with a locking nut, and keep the key.
What you are proposing are crimes. Vandalism, and tampering with someone's vehicle.
Old 04-23-2013, 4:45 AM
CGN Contributor

Glad you are ok OP, I guess he is more like a murderer. I feel so bad this actually happens. I remember my basic handgun class instructor said you are looking for trouble if you put NRA sticker on your car in CA, a big WOW for me.
Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-23-2013, 5:00 AM
Lifetime Contributor #1
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I came out of a rite-aid once, to find a "sweet little old lady" trying to remove a NRA sticker from my car with a screwdriver.

Scratched the hell out of my car.

I said "what are you doing?". Her reply..."guns kill people. You should be ashamed of yourself".

I have to admit that, at that moment, I had no response. I was raised to not speak rudely to little old ladies. Obviously, "five across the eyes" is unacceptable too. Stunned, I just stood there looking at the damage as she drove off.

One of the wierdest days ever.
Old 04-23-2013, 7:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoneShooter View Post
Someone once told me, (paraphrasing):

"If you're going to carry a deadly weapon then you are agreeing to lose every argument you might get into from here on out. You're going to let everyone else have the last word. You're agreeing to walk away, and agreeing to walk home with your tail between your legs every time. Your ego will be non-existent. Your pride will be non-existent. You will be the meekest mouse you can be. You will be the most polite gentleman you can be. You will give way each time. You carry an instrument that can kill on your hip, therefore you're only going to use it for the worst-case situation. You will not kill because of words. You will not kill because your pride was hurt. You will not kill because your ego was bruised. What are words? Those words are, ultimately, nothing but air. You are not going to take another life because of some hot air being blown in your general direction."

I think that mentality towards carry a gun applies equally to driving a car on the road. The ******* cut you off. He was in the wrong, yes, but don't make a bad situation worse by escalating to where you could be seriously hurt. I don't know your situation, but if you, or someone like you, has kids and a spouse at home who all depend on you to come home safe and in one piece, they aren't going to be happy to wait up all night scared that something may have happened to you, and finally getting that call at 2 in the morning from local coroner asking them to come in and ID your body.

Don't escalate things like that. Ever. Even if they're a complete idiot, like this D-Bag was, I would pack up my pride, and drive/walk away, I would run away if the situation called for it. Its not worth getting into a dangerous situation.

If I'm still alive at the end of the day, then I did the right thing.

And on to another topic...

This is something that I've never understood.

This hatred of the NRA from the antis, it is completely and utterly irrational. Calling the NRA "killers" and such. it makes no sense...

The NRA is one of the few groups, if not the only group, which recognizes the reality of guns in our society. They know that a child may come into contact with a dangerous firearm sooner or later, so what do they do? They've set up a program for kids to teach them not to touch a firearm if they find one, and to find and tell an adult about that firearm.

They are the ones who train people in the safe handling of firearms, and instill a healthy sense of respect for firearms.

I don't see the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence coming up with anything similar to that.

Maybe it's because they want the world to be a way it is clearly not. They want to live in a utopia, where people don't shoot themselves. People clearly do shoot themselves, both in aggression, and in self defense.

I don't get that sort of visceral hatred...
Great post, perhaps one of the best I've read on this site.
Old 04-23-2013, 7:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
All those with egos who need stickies on their vehicles should be precluded from posting stories about how they were later "pulled over."
Does the same thing apply to those with tag lines?
Old 04-23-2013, 8:15 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjpsb1 View Post

Lutz, what exactly does your "atheist" sticker say?

I can't imagine a more blatant cry for attention than an atheist bumper sticker.
Old 04-23-2013, 9:11 AM

Default Intolerance?

What was described could be reported as an attempt 245-vehicle. That's serious (at least to my dept). If you have a cell, it would be considered an emergency. Call 9-1-1, get the plate, make/mod of the car, a description of the occupant(s) and tell them it's in progress. If you can, pull over to the emergency shoulder to wait for the unit that will probably be CHP. My personal veh has a great, big, fat NRA sticker on the back glass. If that happens to me, I'm calling my dept and requesting an immediate unit or two, along with me, to make the stop. And that car is going to be towed and the occupant is going to jail.

Shenanigans with moving vehicles on highways are deadly. That sort of behavior can kill or maim someone very easily.
Old 04-23-2013, 9:15 AM

what is "attempt 245-vehicle"?
Old 04-23-2013, 9:42 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoooper View Post
It's this
Old 04-23-2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by five.five-six View Post
Call the police because someone with a not self-propelled earthmover brake checked you

http://law.onecle.com/california/vehicle/245.html
Old 04-23-2013, 10:05 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

This would help explain. The dude on the left reminds me of the type that has to stand 1 foot away and stare when they talk to you.

NRA Endowment Life Member
CRPA 5 yr Member

"...which from their verbosity, their endless tautologies, their involutions of case within case, and parenthesis within parenthesis, and their multiplied efforts at certainty by saids and aforesaids, by ors and by ands, to make them more plain, do really render them more perplexed and incomprehensible, not only to common readers, but to lawyers themselves. " - Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-23-2013, 10:08 AM
Calguns Addict

OP....you should have thought more whether or not you would press charges before you called the cops.

NRA Endowment Life Member
CRPA 5 yr Member

"...which from their verbosity, their endless tautologies, their involutions of case within case, and parenthesis within parenthesis, and their multiplied efforts at certainty by saids and aforesaids, by ors and by ands, to make them more plain, do really render them more perplexed and incomprehensible, not only to common readers, but to lawyers themselves. " - Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-23-2013, 10:27 AM
Veritas Aequitas
CGN Contributor

I always run a dash cam in my vehicles. They power on automatically when the ignition is turned on and power off a couple minutes after the vehicle is turned off. There are a good number of them now under $50 that will do the trick. If you are ever in an accident there is a high chance the other party will not tell the truth and that dash cam will be the best $50 you ever spent.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...2Ck%3Adash+cam

When I have an idiot tailgating me it reminds me that my front and rear windshields are dirty and I turn on the wipers using an ample stream of water to clean them off. Very effective so far.

If you need a permit to do it, it is not a right, it's a privilege.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by five.five-six View Post
Liberal logic:

Hey, there is one of those gun crazy NRA guys.

→ They are always killing and murdering people.

→ I am going to go piss him off.
It's never OK to make sweeping generalizations, like ALL islamists are terrorists...

unless you are a liberal.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Sorry: felony assault, in this case with a motor vehicle.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch3 View Post
I got "profiled" this afternoon due to an NRA sticker and thought of this thread. I drove my old beater truck to work today as my wife needed the car. My pickup has an NRA sticker in the lower right corner of the back window.

I've had the truck for about a year and a half. It actually had the sun-faded remains of an old NRA sticker in the same place when I got it, but I recently replaced it with a new one.

As I was headed to the bank to get some cash for an errand, I noticed a silver Honda sedan hanging in my blind spot to the right rear. I don't like it when drivers do this, as this truck tends to bounce around due to being heavily sprung and the mirrors suck. I sped up a bit and slowed down a bit, but the Honda remained glued to that spot.

As I approached a red light, I noticed the Honda had moved into the left turn lane and rolled up next to my driver side window. A car full of women. I was minding my own business waiting for the light to change, but as the left turn light went green, the windows on the Honda went down and as the old GMC has neither A/C or a radio, it was easy to hear what was shouted as they turned left and exited the intersection.

Anti gun AND abortion *****es.....NICE
Old 04-23-2013, 11:39 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeknow View Post
I came out of a rite-aid once, to find a "sweet little old lady" trying to remove a NRA sticker from my car with a screwdriver.

Scratched the hell out of my car.

I said "what are you doing?". Her reply..."guns kill people. You should be ashamed of yourself".

I have to admit that, at that moment, I had no response. I was raised to not speak rudely to little old ladies. Obviously, "five across the eyes" is unacceptable too. Stunned, I just stood there looking at the damage as she drove off.

One of the wierdest days ever.

I would have blocked her from leaving (stand behind her car - I wouldn't touch her) and called the police. So that she had to pay to fix the damage.
WTB: multiautomatic ghost gun with a .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Must include shoulder thing that goes up. Memberships/Affiliations: CERT, ARRL ARES, NRA Patron Member, HRC, CGN/CGSSA, Cal-FFL
Old 04-23-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligaran View Post
I would have blocked her from leaving (stand behind her car - I wouldn't touch her) and called the police. So that she had to pay to fix the damage.
I would just take the license plate and all information you can. People do not like being trapped, little old ladies are certainly possible of having lowered critical thinking than they used to. If she is annoyed enough to do it, there would be no point in fixing the paint on your car if she runs you over.

Old 04-23-2013, 1:00 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I would just take the license plate and all information you can. People do not like being trapped, little old ladies are certainly possible of having lowered critical thinking than they used to. If she is annoyed enough to do it, there would be no point in fixing the paint on your car if she runs you over.

Heh, good point. I wouldn't risk my own safety. I would have informed her I was calling the police and asked her to stay and attempt to stand behind her car to dissuade her from leaving. If she got in and turned the car over, I sure would move out of the way.
Old 04-23-2013, 2:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceGirlsHusband View Post
What was described could be reported as an attempt 245-vehicle. That's serious (at least to my dept). If you have a cell, it would be considered an emergency. Call 9-1-1, get the plate, make/mod of the car, a description of the occupant(s) and tell them it's in progress. If you can, pull over to the emergency shoulder to wait for the unit that will probably be CHP. My personal veh has a great, big, fat NRA sticker on the back glass. If that happens to me, I'm calling my dept and requesting an immediate unit or two, along with me, to make the stop. And that car is going to be towed and the occupant is going to jail.

Shenanigans with moving vehicles on highways are deadly. That sort of behavior can kill or maim someone very easily.
Thank you for the insight. It happened on a local street, and the jurisdiction I was in really didn't care much about it neither.

I called the law enforcement in not because I want to waste mine or their time on something that I could've press charges against. But to let them know this is happening in their jurisdiction where it could end up a lot more worse.

That being said, if I still have my old car I'd fill the whole backside with stickers that'll certainly turn some people into moving violations. Problem is rationally I just don't want to have my current car being targeted, even though morally it shouldn't happen at the first place.

Then again, rational thinking is too grand of a word for some people.