Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 04-08-2013, 3:56 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Default Long shot but does anyone have an aquired CVC with audio they are willing to sell?

Obvious PM me so its anonymous.
Unit is underfunded and internal comms go down all the time due to our dated headsets of either the CVCs or Liberators. usually we can find at least one functioning per crew but for safety reasons, it would be a good idea to aquire my own so I hear my BC. Especially with gunnery coming up where I'll need to hear his commands.
If anyone has functioning CVC or hell, even without the shell and just the audio, PM me. I'm willing to pay out of pocket for one
Thanks.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:34 AM

ebay

RIP SGT Carlo "Eugie" Eugenio

KIA 29 OCT 2011 Camp Phoenix, Kabul, AFG
Old 04-10-2013, 11:04 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I looked but no one can guarentee if the audio is functioning. Not full time Army so next time I'm on the Brad will be in a month so getting my money back and trying to find another will be a bigger hassle and will probably be too late. Figured I'd trust someone here if they told me it was functioning so long shot but worth trying.
Old 04-10-2013, 5:41 PM

You try ar15.com or snipers hide?? There is probably a bigger crowd of military on there, I'm sure someone has one or can point you in a different direction.
Old 04-10-2013, 7:25 PM

LOL I went through the same thing when I was in gunnery for LAR. I ended up shooting without one. It sucked, but I still qualified. I have 2 CVCs but im not sure if both are checked out by me.
Apache Company
Old 04-10-2013, 10:00 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SOCALGUNNER View Post
You try ar15.com or snipers hide?? There is probably a bigger crowd of military on there, I'm sure someone has one or can point you in a different direction.
Cool, will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurupted View Post
LOL I went through the same thing when I was in gunnery for LAR. I ended up shooting without one. It sucked, but I still qualified. I have 2 CVCs but im not sure if both are checked out by me.
I've never been in an Stryker but the commander is close enough for physical contact with the driver right? We are too poor to afford those and it would be really convenient for berm drills if I could hear the BC yell or throw something at me
In the Brad, the driver is tucked away down the hell hole and the BC and gunner are in the turret so there isn't even a line of sight to throw something at me
I see Marines on the freeway riding in those things and I'm totally jealous, they look like a real smooth ride but I like my fat ***** with all her second hand flaws
Old 04-11-2013, 5:43 PM

I've never been in a stryker either LOL. Marines use the older LAV's. Theyre not that bad for the crewman. But it sucks for the scouts in the rear getting tossed everywhere. We use the same weapon systems besides bradleys having tow capabilities. We have a tow variant vehicle.
Old 04-11-2013, 8:00 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Man, just reading your post took me back to my old range days on Table 8 with the venerable M551a1 Sheridan while in the 82nd. What a beast they were! Fired a 152mm main gun round and also the shillelaghly(sp?) missile through it's main gun tube. When that thing fired(not missile), the first two road wheels came off the ground with the recoil. Firing with the turret sideways was brutal on my back, I always smacked my head with the hatch closed! The training round on those things defeated all known armor at the time, but was only accurate to about 1500 meters.

Since then I have driven, loaded, gunned, and TC'd M113s, M901s, Bradleys, and Hummers with M2s and MK19s. The thing I hated most was the Gunnery Skills Crew Test on the Brad. Getting the ammo chutes in and out and loaded/unloaded were a real pain in the ***!

Let's see if I remember this correctly:
Gunner!,Heat!,Tank!
Driver Move Up!, Driver Stoppp!
Identified!
UPPPP!
Fire!
On The Way!
Driver Back Up!
****! SHORT!!, Re-engage!Add 100!
Driver Move up!, Driver Stoppp!
**** Me! Identified!, Upppp!
Fire!
On The Way!
Driver Back up!
Target Destroyed!, Cease Fire!

pm sent
And in all fairness, just because JMB did it doesn't mean anything. He'd have won WWII with a soup can, a fork, and a couple rocks. Seriously, even McGuyver and Steven Hawking get together every now and then and are like "How the **** did he do that?..."

Last edited by jfwlb; 04-11-2013 at 8:42 PM.. Reason: added memories
Old 04-12-2013, 12:54 PM

wow, makes me glad i kept my bose headset from Iraq. Guess I'm going to need it now, eh?
Old 04-16-2013, 8:33 PM

hey check these sordins, usually very expensive. http://www.unclesamsretailoutlet.com...ith-p/3889.htm

also work as kickass ear pro