Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 04-15-2013, 4:05 PM

Default C.A.T.S class iin C.A.R techinque review

Both my wife and I attended the Defensive Pistol 1 class offered by C.A.T.S. at the Burro Canyon shooting park. This was our first class of any kind for firearm training.
On arrival, everything was well marked, Inspection, registration, range and so on. We were greeted and registered by the Director, Tim George and given a great welcome and "what to do next" that made us comfortable.
Great mix of very nice people in the class, 20 students to 8-10 instructors.
What we both noticed from the start was safety was the key and word of the day. I can't tell you how many times they drill that into us! Everyone looked out for the other one, making sure we were all safe.
Remember...this is not combat training, we do not live in Afganistan...this is training for regular people in their homes, at a mall or just around town. The instruction was great, effective and current. We all received supportive and indivivdual instruction and we all got it right! It was great to see students helping students, instructor getting dirty and taping targets, clearing jams, one on one help...whatever was needed.
All in all, we had a great day and were given great instruction to practice at our home ranges. This is only my review, not an endorsement.
Old 04-15-2013, 9:42 PM

Please, for your own education try some others in the area:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=715723