Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > O.C. Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 5:59 PM

Default Next Orange County Sheriff

Can someone please clear up this whole sandra hutchins mess. I know she is not 2A friendly and that she was appointed County sheriff NOT elected. When are the new elections coming and so on and so forth because i literally have no idea how the whole sheriff elections work or how long the term is etc... someone school me on this so i can learn.
Old 02-27-2013, 7:06 PM

She was originally appointed. Won election about 2 years ago. Two more years before the next election cycle IIRC.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:47 PM
CGSSA Leader

The people very rarely vote out a sitting sheriff. And last elections Hunt / Hunter race hurt our chances of giving her the boot. We very well may have to wait for her to retire.
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) in Your Community
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) and Appleseed Event Calendar

Get your Carry License!!
Old 03-18-2013, 2:33 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgm118icbm View Post
The people very rarely vote out a sitting sheriff. And last elections Hunt / Hunter race hurt our chances of giving her the boot. We very well may have to wait for her to retire.
This is why infighting is a bad idea when elections are at stake. Were it not for the pro-Hunter few causing a distraction over a personal beef, we would likely have a very CCW friendly Sheriff Bill Hunt in OC right now.
Old 03-18-2013, 3:11 PM

The next election will be in 2014. Hopefully due to her current health situation battling breast cancer, I wouldn't wish that upon anyone, she will decide to retire at the end of her term and not run for re-election. If that is the case we will have a better chance of getting Hunt in there and having a pro-CCW Sheriff back in town.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:17 PM

My CCW that I have had for 25 years in central Cal. was not even considered for a transfer down here. If it were a matter of character or training or judgement, I think I have proved myself. She wouldn't even consider it. What a *****! I emailed Todd Spitzer about it and he won't return emails. He won't get my families votes at election time. Just another career dolt.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:25 PM

If we want to unseat her, it will take an organized effort. Who in OC (groups) do this sort of thing? That's where I would start if I was interested in making an effort. I would start with contacting a local NRA representative.

― John Adams
Old 06-17-2013, 3:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadyrock View Post
This is why infighting is a bad idea when elections are at stake. Were it not for the pro-Hunter few causing a distraction over a personal beef, we would likely have a very CCW friendly Sheriff Bill Hunt in OC right now.
Isn't that the truth!
Old 06-25-2013, 12:36 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I helped with the Hunt campaign, but I doubt he'll be running again. Hunter is second in charge in Anaheim and Anaheim PD aren't too gun friendly. Not sure how much sway he has with the department.

I'm down for helping in any way I can come election time. I'd really like to get Hutchens out of office.
Glock Certified Armorer
Old 07-10-2013, 10:08 PM
Veteran Member

Both Hunter and Hunt are extremely pro-2A.

Hunt had a lot of ugly baggage in the department and the testimony that he gave during his termination / retirement inquest was ...not good. He has a private investigation business and I don't think he's looking to get back into politics anytime soon - but only he would know.

Hunter had been at Anaheim for a while and retired in December last year, and kept looking for a new home. He was embroiled and took the fall for the tactical response that sent the community sideways sometime last year. He looked at being Chief and Sheriff in various places; I doubt he can unseat the wicked witch of Dana Point.

If I am not mistaken Sandy Sue has cancer and is interested in finally retiring; the nearly $600k a year she makes between her pension from LA and her current salary with all the perks is hard to beat, though.