Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 01-14-2013, 8:40 PM
Calguns Addict

Default Local Clowns vote 7 to 1 in favor of "Assault Weapons" Ban

A newspaper in a nearby town has a weekly column called "Around The Water Cooler" where they ask local leaders a question, usually related to some issue that's been getting major play in the news recently. This was last week's column:

7 to 1 in favor of more gun regulations, including an AWB. And the only guy against it gives a flippant answer that doesn't make any sense and comes off a little crazy even...

This is what we are up against. Half of the responses are completely ignorant or misinformed. People who don't give a **** about The Constitution. People who would gladly trade some of their freedom (and everybody elses!) for an illusory and media-manufactured feeling of safety.

And this town is is not really IN the bay area, about an hour south of it. It's a rural, agricultural town, with lots of ranches and farms.

Photos and names of the offenders removed to protect their ignorance.
Old 01-14-2013, 9:23 PM

Still bay area as far as politics are concerned for those who work with the newspapers, In fact you'd probably get the same response from the heart of San Fran all the way down to the south end of the LA basin as long ad your along the coast line.

To get pro gun views you need to hop over those hills and get into the Central valley, excluding the Sacramento politicians of course.

Last edited by brianm767; 01-14-2013 at 9:31 PM..
Old 01-14-2013, 9:59 PM

Such ignorance. Are these people that dumb on purpose, or do they just not care...

Are you a member?
Old 01-14-2013, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianm767 View Post
Still bay area as far as politics are concerned for those who work with the newspapers, In fact you'd probably get the same response from the heart of San Fran all the way down to the south end of the LA basin as long ad your along the coast line.

To get pro gun views you need to hop over those hills and get into the Central valley, excluding the Sacramento politicians of course.
Upstate CA.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrMike View Post

7 to 1 in favor of more gun regulations, including an AWB. And the only guy against it gives a flippant answer that doesn't make any sense and comes off a little crazy even...
he is being sarcastic, he's saying that they didn't include littoe kids going "pew pew pew" while pointing their fingers, I don't get why you think that is being crazy. He's right this whole thing is ridiculous.

Solidworks drafting
Old 01-14-2013, 11:26 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I wonder what the degree of difficulty is when attempting to shove a water cooler up someones azz..
Old 01-15-2013, 12:25 AM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjack956 View Post
I wonder what the degree of difficulty is when attempting to shove a water cooler up someones azz..
Old 01-15-2013, 2:55 AM
Calguns Addict

Why did you cover up all the important information regarding the publication and source?
Old 01-15-2013, 2:58 AM
Calguns Addict

they have more votes and know it, we are out numbered.all the libs needed to do is find a way to convince most people that you owning a gun is bad.
Old 01-15-2013, 4:17 AM

the first 2 answers talk about hunters, well ive been a hunter since i was a young kid and I for one want at least 3 round in my rifle when im in the field. ive seen bears take up 4 shots to go down. if you had to reload your gun between each shot there would be alot of wasted meet rotting in the woods. one of the answers says something about no meat being left if you use an "assult rifle". im sure if you fired a full auto at an animal there wouldnt be much left to eat but full autos are already banned. tons of game has been taken with semi autos and made it home to feed the family
Old 01-15-2013, 5:11 AM
Banned

Local clowns, while entitled to their own opinions, have as much legal standing about guns as does a mildewed dishrag.

CDFingers
Old 01-15-2013, 5:31 AM
Dirt Farmer
CGN Contributor

As always, I would challenge any one of them to accurately define the term "assault weapon".

They don't know what an "assault weapon" is.
The media doesn't know what an "assault weapon" is.
Our legislators don't know what an "assault weapon" is.

Yet they are all clamoring to ban them and burn us all at the stake. Their sheer ignorance is deafening, yet nobody is calling their bluff. Incredible.

Senate Public Safety Chair Loni Hancock:
"Yeah, we do that quite a lot, actually..."

- Joint Legislative Informational Hearing on Firearms - Newsom Initiative #1756 - May 3rd 2016
Old 01-15-2013, 5:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrMike View Post
A newspaper in a nearby town has a weekly column called "Around The Water Cooler" where they ask local leaders a question, usually related to some issue that's been getting major play in the news recently. This was last week's column:

This is what we are up against. Half of the responses are completely ignorant or misinformed. People who don't give a **** about The Constitution. People who would gladly trade some of their freedom (and everybody elses!) for an illusory and media-manufactured feeling of safety.

And this town is is not really IN the bay area, about an hour south of it. It's a rural, agricultural town, with lots of ranches and farms.

Photos and names of the offenders removed to protect their ignorance.
How come the article is blacked out in spots? What is the name of this town?
Old 01-15-2013, 6:03 AM
klaatu barada nikto!
CGN Contributor

This is California , why would I expect reasonable and logical answers / debate about firearms. Seeing how New York just passed the " Toughest gun laws" it will be a race to the bottom with the California legislature not willing to be out done.

The reality is the firearm owners in this state are like the defenders of Bastogne. We are surrounded , out numbered and get UPS / FEDEX airdrops but Patton is not coming to our rescue.

Beware of people who are certain they are right. That certainty allows them to justify almost any act in pursuit of their goals. ( Jack campbell , Guardian)
Old 01-15-2013, 6:16 AM

Oh, Morgan Hill, CA
Old 01-15-2013, 6:19 AM
Calguns Addict

But every poll i have voted in is about 60% not in favor of any more gun laws

AND look at Youtube...check the videos against any more gun laws..they are VASTLY thumbs up...and i do mean VASTLY

Old 01-15-2013, 7:11 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

"Hunters wouldn't want them since there would be no meat left to eat"

lol.. well, that right there shows thier intelligence level..

This is how the roll the propaganga machine.. get those opposed to gun control to think they are in the minority.. get them to join the herd and follow the false shepards.
"Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Theodore Roosevelt

Member: Patron member NRA, lifetime member SAF, CRPA, Guardian Front Sight
Old 01-15-2013, 7:15 AM
Banned

More reason that we need to ban together and intelligently fight the fight.
Old 01-15-2013, 7:58 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

I'm sure you're right. If this poll were taken there, in the Central CA "red" counties, the results would be more balanced, maybe even 7:1 pro-2A...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yemff View Post
he is being sarcastic, he's saying that they didn't include littoe kids going "pew pew pew" while pointing their fingers, I don't get why you think that is being crazy. He's right this whole thing is ridiculous.
OK, that makes more sense now, I missed the sarcasm because my first thought was: "Why is he referring to 1st graders when it was 1st graders who were killed at the Sandy Hook thing?" That distracted me. I wish he would've used the opportunity to make a logical, rational response though. Especially since he was the lone holdout. It was like he had an opportunity to educate people and he blew it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwtt View Post
Why did you cover up all the important information regarding the publication and source?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubb View Post
How come the article is blacked out in spots? What is the name of this town?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubb View Post
Oh, Morgan Hill, CA
Didn't think it was that important. It's real. I'm not faking it. I cut the article out of the newspaper and scanned it, then blacked out the names and pictures of those questioned because I didn't want any of them to do a google search of their name someday, come here, and see some really nasty things said about them (worse than my own words: "local idiot clowns" anyway ). You guys get pretty mean sometimes...

In retrospect, it's public information already, so here you go:

Newspaper: The Freelance

(paper is owned by a media group that also publishes papers in Morgan Hill and other local cities; nice dig, scrubb)

One of the guys questioned actually ran for mayor in the city of Hollister. I voted for him. He didn't win (nobody I vote for ever does, here in CA), but he also voted "Yes on AWB". I worked with this guy for a year, a long time ago, and he's ex-military, a squared-up guy, so I'm really surprised to see him think that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTABIKER View Post
they have more votes and know it, we are out numbered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by microwaveguy View Post
The reality is the firearm owners in this state are like the defenders of Bastogne. We are surrounded , out numbered and get UPS / FEDEX airdrops but Patton is not coming to our rescue.
That is the ONE THING that I came away with above all others, after reading this column for the first time. How SEVERELY outnumbered we are. And not by calm, rational people, but by undeducated IDIOTS for the most part. People who would vote away YOUR freedom, YOUR natural rights, in a heartbeat because they:
  • are not "into" sporting firearms, so just don't care what happens to them
  • think it's about hunting, or self-defense, rather than natural and civil rights, and the means to resist tyranny
  • think that military and LEO are somehow superior to the citizenry, and therefore are the only ones who "deserve" such firepower
  • think the 2nd Amendment is outdated, an "anachronism"!!!
Old 03-29-2013, 11:32 PM

I found the Freelance to be more fair on the 2A than other papers, and the water cooler tends to be a little more slanted to the left than other opinion pieces.

I clean my bird cage every Friday, so getting the Pinnacle is very helpful.

Romans 1:16 - 32

Old 03-29-2013, 11:51 PM
Calguns Addict

Each one of those questions reads like they were all written by the same person. Its funny how all the questions touch all the liberal anti gun talking points.

I call PROPAGANDA. Goebbels would have been proud.

Also, sometimes I type in CAPS to emphasize a POINT. Please dont interpret that as YELLING. Sorry if I HURT any fuzzy little bunny's FEELINGS out there.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:55 PM

That's weird, I thought Hollister was pretty conservative. Must be the peninsula folk moving south for the winter.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:55 PM

That's weird, I thought Hollister was pretty conservative. Must be the peninsula folk moving south for the winter.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:24 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTABIKER View Post
they have more votes and know it, we are out numbered.all the libs needed to do is find a way to convince most people that you owning a gun is bad.

followed by the application of social stigma; that those that own guns are bad.
Old 03-30-2013, 7:08 AM
Calguns Addict

sold my M1A while i could get a good price for it. not interested in a sime auto with a removable mag. nothing stopping the fools in Sacramento from passing a ban on them. my legal SKS will be my only simi auto. lucky for me my interest is in WW 2 bolt action fixed 5 round mags. i am not interested in hiding my guns. i like to go to the range. i sold the M1A for 800 bucks more than i paid for it 4 months ago. these are sad times.
Old 03-30-2013, 2:07 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwtt View Post
Kinda wondering the same thing. It's published in a public paper, what's the big deal revealing it here?
Old 03-30-2013, 7:01 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Doubt it. These are "involved" community members. In other words, busybodies that stick their noses in everyone's business. I would be surprised if the community as a whole agreed.

Hell, the Cow Palace and San Mateo gun shows used to be packed long before any panics. All those gunheads came from somewhere.
Old 03-30-2013, 7:23 PM

Buffons, Buffons everywhere.

Old 03-30-2013, 9:40 PM
Veteran Member

Well we are talking about the morons that refused to let the Marine Corps. line up Marines on the Golden Gate for their recruiting ad. Yet they still suckle up to the federal tit like the fat pigs they are when it comes to the mothball fleet amongst other facilities around there. True hypocrits to the Nth degree. If we go to war with Iran or N. Korea I hope they send a nice long dong (/snicker) nuke tipped missle straight in the heart of the Castro district .

George Orwell

http://www.AnySoldier.com