Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 03-23-2013, 8:39 PM

Default Is the scare over

Now that the senate has said they will not include an assault weapons ban will the prices on ammo and firearms come back down to pre-scare prices and will people stop hoarding ammo. Im fairly new to firearms and this is my first experience with ammo shortages and high prices on firearms. Ive heard from others that have been long time firearm enthusiast that this has happened before but never this extreme any feed back will be greatly appreciated. I don't want to keep paying 70 bucks for 22lr if prices might come back down
Old 03-23-2013, 8:44 PM

If you're living in Kalifornia, the scare is just getting started.
Old 03-23-2013, 8:47 PM

I was afraid some one would say that. so if diane Feinstein cant screw the rest of the states she will just focus on her home state of sunny California.
Old 03-23-2013, 8:48 PM
Veteran Member

Before they play the bag pipes on her she will show us the middle finger from the pine box I kid you not!
Old 03-23-2013, 8:49 PM
Calguns Addict

I hope it's over. Last time prices came down very low after the scare. It will take a year once all the back orders are filled. Stuff on the used market will be very cheap as guys sell off their hoards.
Old 03-23-2013, 9:00 PM
Veteran Member

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaka View Post
I was afraid some one would say that. so if diane Feinstein cant screw the rest of the states she will just focus on her home state of sunny California.
She will work on screwing the cosmic microwave background radiation if possible, and probably will if we allow our guards to be let down.

Otherwise, the short answer to your question (in the subject line) is "NO". The long answer to your question (in the subject line) is "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO".

Erik.

Last edited by Window_Seat; 03-23-2013 at 9:02 PM..
Old 03-23-2013, 9:43 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Now that the senate has said they will not include an assault weapons ban will the prices on ammo and firearms come back down to pre-scare prices and will people stop hoarding ammo.
Absolutely.

Cap
In the final analysis, rights in a Republic are protected by the people themselves. If civic virtu does not reside in the people - no constitution, no bill of rights, no legislative body and no court will be able to preserve our liberties.... Keep educating your neighbors and friends about the legacy of freedom that founded this nation and remind them what it takes to keep it free. --Don Kilmer
Old 03-23-2013, 9:46 PM
Calguns Addict

The scare is never over at the federal level. It is simply on hold until the next opportunity.

At the state level, in California, the real work is just beginning.
Old 03-23-2013, 9:48 PM
Veteran Member

Remain vigilant. It is not over by a long shot. They still have all sorts of evil tricks up there sleeves. They could attach the AWB to some minor but important bill that needs to pass. Just like in 93.

Sent from somewhere in time & space...
The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed.”
- Thomas Jefferson -
Quote:
200 bullets at a time......
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-5/198981/life01.jpg

Subscribe to my YouTube channel ---->http://www.youtube.com/user/2A4USA
Old 03-23-2013, 9:50 PM
Veteran Member

be ready don't put your guard down just yet.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:50 PM
Calguns Addict

Really? nothing is CLOSE to being over. it is just beginning.
GP100 6" stainless
Vepr x54r with 23" Barrel
12 gauge O/U with 34" ported barrels & removable Chokes
BT-99 with 34" ported barrel, adjustable comb, removable chokes

Need some AR500 targets? Free $10 credit.
https://shootingtargets7.com/store/?...pBdnFlL0FxS3M9
Old 03-24-2013, 7:44 AM

Agreed. The scare is just ramping up in CA; but it is Yee is who we need to be worried about here, not so much Feinstein. Feinstein writes bills with exemptions like the Bullet Button in them. Yee writes all-encompassing bills with little hope of work-arounds and then has lawyers refine them even further.
Old 03-24-2013, 7:46 AM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

So what are you all going to do about it?

How about the first post in this forum!!!

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/a...ement.php?f=71
Old 03-24-2013, 8:10 AM

Nationaly, things will come back to normal. Here, until the proposed legislation comes to pass, or dies, things will be out of whack. As long as you keep paying $70 for a box of 22lr, people will keep charging it. I have put shooting on the back burner for a year or two and will see how this plays out. The replacement costs on my SHTF stash is more than I'm willing to pay. $500 bucks a range trip, forget it. 2 range trips and I can go on a guided hunt or a nice fishing trip, or invest that money for retirement.
Old 03-25-2013, 3:30 AM

Ammo prices seem to have gone up a bit during the past week. Nationally.
Old 03-25-2013, 3:41 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobler View Post
Remain vigilant. It is not over by a long shot. They still have all sorts of evil tricks up there sleeves. They could attach the AWB to some minor but important bill that needs to pass. Just like in 93.

Sent from somewhere in time & space...
If you learn anything from this thread, learn the above.
You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.
Old 03-25-2013, 6:57 AM

Location: Where they tax you on everything and give you the shaft.

The scare is never over.
Old 03-25-2013, 7:21 AM

The scare might not be over, but the availability of some things is starting to pop up. I've been seeing more vendors (not just on this site) have mags that aren't 60 bucks a pop. I've seen ammo on shelves... some of it overpriced, some of it a little lower. Ammo online has started to pop up a little more frequently too. I just got some Fed 9mm from PSA for about 26 cents a round. Picked up some .45 acp from midway last week too for about 46 cents a round. Even some of the prices of personally owned AR's have been falling a bit.

No reason to relax about legislation... but prices are doing some interesting things all over the place right now. I saw .223 actually go up when it's in stock. .40 S&W has fluctuated a lot, but seems down a little bit overall.

Keep fighting, and be patient about prices.
Old 03-25-2013, 7:35 AM

Quote:
Now that the senate has said they will not include an assault weapons ban will the prices on ammo and firearms come back down to pre-scare prices and will people stop hoarding ammo. Im fairly new to firearms and this is my first experience with ammo shortages and high prices on firearms. Ive heard from others that have been long time firearm enthusiast that this has happened before but never this extreme any feed back will be greatly appreciated. I don't want to keep paying 70 bucks for 22lr if prices might come back down
Now that the Fed's are backing off, prices will begin to fall as stock will rise. So if by "the scare" you just mean ammo and gun prices, then yes, I believe it will be over soon. However, scan through some of the heinous bills CA is about to pass, and you will see that prices really are the least of your concerns if you are a gun owner in CA. The legislature really doesn't even bother blowing smoke with us or sugar-coating their intentions like they do at the federal level. To them, you and I are either useless or dangerous.
Old 03-25-2013, 7:41 AM

All it takes is just another mentally ill person to go mass shooting in school, cinema, or other public places ... unless the mental health issue is addressed, unfortunately, this kind of mass shooting is just a ticking time bomb.
Old 03-25-2013, 7:56 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I will believe it's over when I can actually find a 10 round 5.56 ar-15 magazine in stock somewhere along with a complete upper receiver that has a BCG so you can actually use it.

Last edited by robcoe; 03-25-2013 at 8:39 AM..
Old 03-25-2013, 7:59 AM

No.
Old 03-25-2013, 8:14 AM
Guns, Jeeps and Drones
CGN Contributor

3 uppers and lots of sub $20 mags available at PSA http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/

Quote:
Originally Posted by robcoe View Post
I will believe it's over when I can actually find a 10 round 5.56 ar-15 magazine in stock somewhere along with an upper receiver.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin 1818

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington 1790
Old 03-25-2013, 8:39 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiKDMoNKY View Post
3 uppers and lots of sub $20 mags available at PSA http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
I clarified my post a bit on the uppers to something with a BCG so you can actually go out and use it(which they don't have). And they don't have a single 10 round centerfire AR magazine in stock. So I stand by what I said, that stuff still is not available and the panic is not over.
Old 03-25-2013, 9:19 AM

The scare is never over. Never let your guard down.

The British came back in 1812.
It doesn't matter how scary, ugly, uncomfortable, or inconvenient self defense can be. Like it or not, you will never, ever be relieved of your duty and responsibility to defend your life, your family, your country and your freedom.

How much ammo do I need? Enough to last me the rest of my life, and then lot more for later.

The government does not come knocking at your door. It comes knocking down your door.
Old 03-25-2013, 9:27 AM
Calguns Addict

"Is the scare over?" is an interesting subject.

Would be even more interesting if we had a better idea what to be scared about.

What bills do you think have a good chance to pass here in Ca ? What they will effect?

General "scare" does not really mean much.
Old 03-25-2013, 9:31 AM
Guns, Jeeps and Drones
CGN Contributor

I never meant to imply that the "scare" was over yet, I was just pointing out that there are parts (except BCG's) and mags available out there.

10 round mags that show in stock on the first 2 pages of searching Google.

(never bought from them before)
http://www.buymymags.com/AR_15_10_rd.../ar15-10rd.htm

(Big 5 in Pomona, Glendale, shows them in stock)
http://www.big5sportinggoods.com/pro...e.html#content

Quote:
Originally Posted by robcoe View Post
I clarified my post a bit on the uppers to something with a BCG so you can actually go out and use it(which they don't have). And they don't have a single 10 round centerfire AR magazine in stock. So I stand by what I said, that stuff still is not available and the panic is not over.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin 1818

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington 1790
Old 03-25-2013, 9:33 AM
Guns, Jeeps and Drones
CGN Contributor

All of them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3572001 View Post
"Is the scare over?" is an interesting subject.

Would be even more interesting if we had a better idea what to be scared about.

What bills do you think have a good chance to pass here in Ca ? What they will effect?

General "scare" does not really mean much.

Old 03-25-2013, 9:37 AM

I don't really think so. I saw a guy down here in San Diego purchase a USED Spikes AR for $2k. On top of that, he purchased 4 AR lowers at $250 a piece.

Seems to be the big run is on handguns right now. My regular range\gun shop has exactly three semi-auto handguns in the case.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:14 AM

What we are witnessing is an unprecedented build up of civilian arsonnels that hasn't been seen since 1775. Politicians should take note the more they try to grab, the more heavily armed their subject become.

On a more pleasant side note the price of hunting guns has decreased because no one is buying them and I got an awesome deal on a new waterfowl gun in Max4 camo for duck season this year !
Old 03-25-2013, 12:01 PM

For give me if I sound uneducated for this question but here go's anyways." Why does the state of California legalize Marijuana then turns around and says that under federal law Marijuana is illegal and federal law trumps state law. shouldn't that mean the same thing for firearms and ammo . shouldn't federal law trump state laws on firearms too? For the record I am by no way advocating the legalization of Marijuana it is just an example of the state using laws for their convenience
Old 03-25-2013, 12:28 PM

..........Who's scared?

.......................... Ya it's over... Everything is fine.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:29 PM

Quote:
For give me if I sound uneducated for this question but here go's anyways." Why does the state of California legalize Marijuana then turns around and says that under federal law Marijuana is illegal and federal law trumps state law. shouldn't that mean the same thing for firearms and ammo . shouldn't federal law trump state laws on firearms too? For the record I am by no way advocating the legalization of Marijuana it is just an example of the state using laws for their convenience
They pick and choose their battles.
Old 03-25-2013, 1:39 PM

Quote:
No at either the fed or state level.

At the fed level the AWB can still be slipped in as an amendment. Continue to write congress critters.

At the state level the nightmare is just beginning...

-Ruskie
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed - where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-Hon. Alex Kozinski (Silvera v Lockyer, 2003)