Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 03-25-2013, 8:24 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Default You can respond to their Q: "WHY do we need the Second Amendment today?" WITH THIS:

No doubt it's been posted before -- but frankly I think it should be a perma-link at the TOP of the 2A forum's section.

Battle of Athens, 1946 TN.

Last edited by GayGuns; 03-25-2013 at 8:40 AM..
Old 03-25-2013, 8:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GayGuns View Post
[SIZE="3"]No doubt it's been posted before --
Ya think?

http://www.google.com/cse?cx=0181499...ens&gsc.page=1

Certainty of death... small chance of success... what are we waiting for? --Gimli, son of Gloin; on attacking the vast army of Mordor

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God!
I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!
--Patrick Henry; Virginia, 1775
Old 03-25-2013, 8:43 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Yes, I do think. And.. what I THOUGHT after all that thinking -- was there were / are probably a LOT of new members who, like me, never heard of the Battle of Athens. And IF they never heard of it then they probably wouldn't think to do a search for it on CalGuns. -- Hence the importance of posting again. At least by my logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwkincal View Post
Ya think?

Last edited by GayGuns; 03-25-2013 at 8:45 AM..
Old 03-25-2013, 8:48 AM

Question: "Why do we need the Second Amendment?"

Answer: "RIGHTS do not require a need."
Old 03-25-2013, 8:52 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Yep, it's the Bill of Rights, not the Bill of Needs.

What was your Prep Today? What did you do Today to Stand and Fight for your 2A Right?

Post what you did today here: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1151676
Old 03-25-2013, 10:11 AM

Yes. All that which has been said before, and more.

You never know for sure who your next enemy will be, where he will come from, or when he will attack. Letting your guard down gets you punched in the face or worse. History proves that limiting gun rights is doing just that.
It doesn't matter how scary, ugly, uncomfortable, or inconvenient self defense can be. Like it or not, you will never, ever be relieved of your duty and responsibility to defend your life, your family, your country and your freedom.

How much ammo do I need? Enough to last me the rest of my life, and then lot more for later.

The government does not come knocking at your door. It comes knocking down your door.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:37 AM

Would be nice to have a sticky for examples of violations of 2A, victories, news stories, etc.

Not all that come here are forum warriors that know all.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:43 AM

Question dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb QUESTION*

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them which would include our government" George Washington

I don't carry a gun to kill people.
I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people.
I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil.
I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.
I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.
I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.
I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy.
I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man.
I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.

I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.
I don't carry a gun because I love it.
I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

I carry a gun because God gave me the Right to do so; it is inalienable.

These people had there rights taken away
In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and
exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.
China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million
With guns, we are 'citizens', without them, we are 'subjects'
During
WW II the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED!

SWITZERLAND ISSUES EVERY HOUSEHOLD A GUN.
SWITZERLAND'S GOVERNMENT TRAINS EVERY ADULT THEY ISSUE A RIFLE.
SWITZERLAND HAS THE LOWEST GUN RELATED CRIME RATE OF ANY CIVILIZED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD.

Just a couple reasons

Last edited by Russ Florian; 03-25-2013 at 10:50 AM..
Old 03-25-2013, 12:38 PM

^this
Best one is still "it is a natural right!"
Old 03-25-2013, 2:51 PM
Veteran Member

Because police and government have no legal obligation to protect individual citizens.

Too much case law available that supports the above statement. People think we don't need the 2nd because of modern police forces but again they have zero legal responsibility to protect individuals.
"When you get the (men) to the range, you just get the men. But when you bring the (women) to the range, you get the (whole family). And that's what's going to save our 2nd Amendment."--Dianna Liedorff

"Since self-preservation is the 1st law of nature, we assert the...right to self-defense. The Constitution...clearly affirms the right of every American...to bear arms. And as Americans, we will not give up a single right guaranteed under the Constitution." --Malcolm X