Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 03-23-2013, 12:53 PM

Default My letter to Congresswoman Chu

Message Subject: New proposed gun control litigation for California

Message Text:

Dear Congresswoman Chu,

Good day to you, I hope this letter finds yourself and your family well and in good spirits.

I am writing to you today due to my concerns of the impending gun control laws that are being pushed through California legislature as we speak. As a tax paying law-abiding citizen and gun-owner these new imposed draconian gun control laws will be a severe infringement upon the rights of all citizens of the state of California.

While I am 100% for keeping dangerous weapons (not just firearms) out of the hands of criminals and the dangerous mentally ill, I do not see how further erosion of the right to bear arms against the law-abiding gun owners of California will achieve that goal. Criminals will never respect or obey the law, these laws will do nothing except disarm and restrict the law-abiding in their ability to defend their well-being and property.

My mother is a 55 year old Chinese woman who immigrated to the United States in 1992. She has taken up a slight interest in sport shooting as I have purchased firearms over the years. She does not have the strength to handle many of my guns, her favorite gun of mine is my AR-15, it is light, and easy enough for her to handle and use effectively. If the lawmakers of California were to pass these laws, they would effectively be taking away my mother's ability to defend herself in a life or death situation.

Let us fellow good and law abiding citizens of California band together to denounce crime and violence. We should be working on how to effectively enforce current laws instead of imposing new legislation that punishes the law-abiding without any direct influence on the illegal possession of firearms by the criminal element and the dangerous mentally ill.

I thank you very much for taking the time to read this letter and your service to the state of California. God bless you and your family, and God bless the United States of America.

Last edited by Mistahsleepy; 03-23-2013 at 12:57 PM..
Old 03-23-2013, 6:02 PM

Are you writing to Rep. Judy Chu? U.S. Congress? About what the California legislature is doing?
Old 03-23-2013, 6:08 PM
In Memoriam

so funny. The God bless part is really special and deal changing.
Old 03-23-2013, 8:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukuforguns View Post
Are you writing to Rep. Judy Chu? U.S. Congress? About what the California legislature is doing?
Please educate me on who I should be writing regarding the new California laws. I have written to Gov. Brown and Judy Chu as she is the congresswoman serving my district.
Old 03-23-2013, 9:48 PM

If you go to this website and type in your address, it will give you the names of your California State Senator and Assembly Representative. Rep. Judy Chu is your Federal Representative. She works in Washington D.C. and you should write to her in connection with Federal legislation (e.g., Federal universal background checks, the Affordable Healthcare Act, etc.).

Thank you for participating in our governance.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:45 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

You could also go here...Firearms Policy Coalition

http://firearmspolicy.org

-- John Wayne as Davy Crockett in The Alamo
Old 03-24-2013, 5:08 PM

Mistahsleepy,
Sorry man, but you just knocked on deaf ears. That is the lady who once cut the budget for the paramedics. Then she broke her arm and used them right after. They still remember her. My elderly mother also requested to see Mrs Chu about an issue. SHE NEVER RESPONDED! That was when she was just a city councilwoman in a SMALL city. You can write to her all you want. She is a democrat who won't stop the gun bills. I would wager $1,000 on the fact that she WILL NOT vote against ANY gun control legislation.
Old 03-24-2013, 5:45 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Sending these zealots a counter argument to their crusade to rid California of firearms in civilian hands is like sending the Spanish Inquisition a letter pleading for religous tolerance—it is a proven waste of your valuable time. Just take a step back and consider how you could use you precious time more effectively because you are wasting it at a time when it's most precious to our cause.

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." --Jeff Cooper
Old 03-25-2013, 7:48 AM

it NEVER hurts to write ANY of our elected "Representatives".

i experienced one who responded with: "I am not your elected representative please contact him at xxxxxxxxxxxx" and another wrote a nasty reply to me when i wrote them about their ban on the .50 BMG rifles.

i am a legend in my own mind...

we are told not to judge muslims by what a few do...yet, the NRA membership and firearms owners are ALL considered as radical...

"The second amendment ain't about your deer rifle..."

IMI .45 ACP, Spikes Tactical AR, and more, too...