Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Old 03-24-2013, 2:23 PM

Default RETUMBO

HELP!!!!! I am in dire need of some Hodgdon Retumbo. I would love to buy some but could trade or replace when it becomes available. If it does not come available soon, it is going to be a crappy year for my .338 Lapua. I am interested in all quantities but would like to find at least 8 pounds or more but beggars cannot be choosy. I have some .223 if that helps.

Bob in Sacramento

Last edited by Non-commiforniaist; 03-24-2013 at 2:23 PM.. Reason: Needed to say where I live
Old 03-24-2013, 6:34 PM

Retumbo, US 869, H-1000, RL-25, RL-33, VV-170, VV-N570, MagPro among others.

Retumbo ain't the only name in the 338LM game.

Chris
Old 03-24-2013, 6:56 PM

There are plenty of other powders that would work as well. Equally as hard to find with the exception of the US869 and some of the BMG powders. I have a great load for my gun with retumbo and just don't want to start over. This whole powder, primer, bullet situation just sucks. I won't get caught again. Thanks for the input though.
Old 03-24-2013, 7:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non-commiforniaist View Post
There are plenty of other powders that would work as well. Equally as hard to find with the exception of the US869 and some of the BMG powders. I have a great load for my gun with retumbo and just don't want to start over. This whole powder, primer, bullet situation just sucks. I won't get caught again. Thanks for the input though.
I've reloaded for the 338LM since January of '06, but since my TRG-42 is an older 1:12" twist, I'm stuck with the 250s, for the most part.

This being said, I have four powders that are almost interchangeable for me: H-4831sc (my go to powder), VV-165 (almost tied with 4831sc), VV-170 and H-1000, with RL-25 waiting in the wings.

Point being is, is that it shouldn't be too hard to find a viable substitute, whether shooting the 250s, 285s and 300s.

Chris
Old 03-24-2013, 9:20 PM

Just saw some retumbo here in Socal...sorry, wish I could help